Lost: Season 5

So how'd you guys like last night's episode? I thought it was awesome when Locke went ballistic and beheaded Ben.

Ummm... there was no episode last night. What are you talking about?

Edit: oh you mean an old episode?

They have to get back to the present, and I suspect they will do so long before the Purge -- perhaps whatever they do is related to the 'Incident' Chang spoke of in the Swan Orientation film. It would be an incredible cop-out for Lost to resolve itself in the past, and Widmore clearly said a war was coming. The survivors must return to the present.

yeah, im putting my money on that. the swan could then be used to try and control the energy that teleported them/did whatever, but im hoping its something more since chang said "god help us all."

and i also think that rose/bernard are adam and eve. it makes sense that theyd go to the cave when everybody disappeared since it was the only other place theyd know to go to.

Rose and Bernard? Heck, what about the rest of the tail section people? Back when they were taken, we still thought that the Others were magical aliens. Now that we know they live in camps and where grass skirts, where are their prisoners? Have they all been assimilated?

Rose and Bernard? Heck, what about the rest of the tail section people? Back when they were taken, we still thought that the Others were magical aliens. Now that we know they live in camps and where grass skirts, where are their prisoners? Have they all been assimilated?

i figured they were assimilated or killed. bottom line is they're redshirts, so they dont matter.

I have zero interest in Rose and Bernard. I'm sure they'll turn up alive or dead somewhere down the line, but I must admit it's not a fundamental concern.

I have zero interest in Rose and Bernard. I'm sure they'll turn up alive or dead somewhere down the line, but I must admit it's not a fundamental concern.

agreed.
they're probably my least favourite semi-main characters
i can't stand Rose

I had a good theory today that John Locke as of now is being imitated by smokey. It could be awesome too because it's all like:

Survivors: We found a casket in the jungle. Let's open it to bury the person inside.
Ilana: Opens the casket to find John Locke dead inside. Ilana turns around looking scared along with the rest of the survivors to look at alive Locke.
John Locke: Smiles and says "well I guess you caught me" and then looks angry, opens his mouth and smoke billows out.
Survivors: Start running away and in the distance you can see Locke's body explode into smokey.

That would be a cool scene. :smoking:

Only if he puts on sunglasses halfway through saying it, ala Horatio in CSI Miami.

God I'm looking forward to this starting again next week.

Ummm... there was no episode last night. What are you talking about?

Edit: oh you mean an old episode?

Was there an old episode where Locke beheaded Ben?

It was quite graphic. Was sad to see his character go like that. =P

I enjoyed this episode, (Namaste) mainly because it feels good to have a sizable cast of extras on screen again, some of the early episodes this season were so confined it almost felt like the entire show had gone into the studio.

I have a theory about where things may go..

If or when Locke, Ben, Sun and Lapidus head to the 1970s, instead of finding themselves with Dharma, they find themselves with the hostiles, Faraday, Rose and Bernard and any other cannon fodder survivors would be with them to, and the season would climax with a confrontation between both parties, pehaps with Locke overseeing the Ben vs Widmore power struggle in the past.

I am most likely wrong about this.

Was alright, had a shitty cliffhanger ending though.

OH SHIT SOME KID WITH GLASSES IS ACTUALLY BEN OH WAIT I ALREADY KNEW THAT.

I enjoyed this episode, (Namaste) mainly because it feels good to have a sizable cast of extras on screen again, some of the early episodes this season were so confined it almost felt like the entire show had gone into the studio.

I have a theory about where things may go..

If or when Locke, Ben, Sun and Lapidus head to the 1970s, instead of finding themselves with Dharma, they find themselves with the hostiles, Faraday, Rose and Bernard and any other cannon fodder survivors would be with them to, and the season would climax with a confrontation between both parties, pehaps with Locke overseeing the Ben vs Widmore power struggle in the past.

I am most likely wrong about this.

Pretty sure they're not going back into the past, but rather those who are in it are going to find their way back into the present.

Pretty sure they're not going back into the past, but rather those who are in it are going to find their way back into the present.

exactly....

and just to clear things up about Ben being behead and shit.....people are just pulling your chain.

also....Radzinsky...interesting

Nah, both groups are going to get themselves in ancient Egyptian times. But, what you said can work too.

Widmore said the war was coming. I think the idea of Lost resolving itself in the past is a bad one.

^Agreed. It's pretty clear that they're all trying to get back to the present, so it's an easy assumption to make that is where the show is going to take us. The idea that the entire show is wrapped up in the past, before the plane ever crashes just doesn't seem right. Wouldn't a whole bunch of characters really already understand how the show ends?

Didn't like this episode all that much. It just didn't really go anywhere, "most of the returning characters get immersed into Dharma and Sayid is thought to be an Other" I kind've already figured out was going to happen. It was necessary filler but not very interesting or unexpected. Next episode looks good though.

This is kinda an obvious connection, but:
That doorway in the hatch got sealed up and pored over with concrete for a reason. Whatever the cataclysm was that caused it could very likely be what gets them back to the present.

This is kinda an obvious connection, but:
That doorway in the hatch got sealed up and pored over with concrete for a reason. Whatever the cataclysm was that caused it could very likely be what gets them back to the present.

This. fully Agreed. How they get to the 'present' is going to be very interesting. Also why Sun didn't go to 1977 whilst everyone else of the O6 did is kind of bizarre (I exclude John because the guy was a corpse at the time).

I wonder what happened to Daniel...

Also how cool was Frank ;)

This. fully Agreed. How they get to the 'present' is going to be very interesting. Also why Sun didn't go to 1977 whilst everyone else of the O6 did is kind of bizarre (I exclude John because the guy was a corpse at the time).

I wonder what happened to Daniel...

Also how cool was Frank ;)

the coolest

Ooh looks like Sayid isn't along for the party. No Soup for him.

A lot of people have a common theory that the people that didn't get teleported to the 1970's, went into the present. Now the reason why I would think this past is altered is because Ben turned the wheel, and altered time. When Keamy killed Alex and Ben said "he changed the rules", I can only assume that Alex was never killed according to time. That glitch though changed time. The DHARMA purge still happened but it's completely different this time.

Daniel Faraday was right that you cannot change the past for an outcome BUT I think you change how the outcome comes about. I also think that time is not perfect and there is glitches here and there that have different outcomes like the island warping through time and space constantly.

What I think the ending of the show is gonna be like the sequel to The Matrix: 2. Basically this has been going on since ever but each time things are changed just a bit that the outcome is different every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDSLaDZHLo

Also there was a bunch of easter eggs in the episode including an appearance by Claire: http://www.sl-lost.com/2009/03/19/namaste-easter-eggs/

The DHARMA photo had a ghost: http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/03/5x09-dharma-recruit-photo.php#more

Its possible, but I personaly hope not, I cant stand the matrix sequals, lol.

I hope not too... I can't stand any of the Matrix movies.

In reference to that day dreaming scene! :LOL: I'm just saying though that this is one story of many different outcomes that have happened before.

Well, at the beginning of this season, we saw Daniel sneaking into the work area of the Orchid... and during that part just previously didn't one of their workers go kind of nuts after messing with the area? I can't remember that part vaguely, but I'm guessing whatever Daniel is doing there, he screws up and goes mad. MAD!

The best indication that the Losties of the 70's made some sort of impact on how the purge happened, comes from the the state the Dharma town was in, when Sun and Frank visits it. Notice that the old DHARMA boards are still hanging, not to mention the pictures. It seems the second time around, the others never moved in to Dharmaville. Cause if they did, you'd be sure they'd get rid of any dharma stuff.

Also I think Sun didn't flash back cause she didn't recreate the circumstances that originally led her to be on flight 815. On Ajira 316,

Sayid = Kate ( prisoner)
Kate = Claire ( preggy, probably with Jack's kid)
Hurly = Charlie ( guitar and all)
Jack = Jack? or Locke?

Sun was there just to find her husband. Thats not good enough.

That conversion thing doesn't really make sense. How was Sayid a prisoner on the flight anyway? And if it is because she didn't recreate the circumstances it's probably because Jin wasn't with her.

Also, if I'm understanding what you mean by "the second time around", I'm afraid you're incorrect. If they influence the Others in an incredible way then the circumstances in which they travel back in time probably change greatly (if they even go back at all), thus preventing them from changing the past so the Others can't inhabit that building. You can't change the past. Lost has been quite clear on that point.

How Sayid was arrested, how Hurley escaped/was released from Prison, what made him dress up like Charlie and why Kate abandoned Aaron are all unanswered questions so far. But it seems that somebody has been trying really hard to ensure the original circumstances are recreated as much as possible. ( i.e somebody other than Jack, Locke or Ben).

Also we have seen evidence that the Dharmaville in the present (when Sun and Frank visit) is very different from the Dharmaville of previous seasons. Why is the old "Processing Center" board of the Dharma era still there hanging? why is the old batch photos still hanging? If the others were here, why didn't they throw those out?

I didn't say the purge didn't happen. As Daniel clearly said "whatever happened, happen". But the way it happen is open to change. Its like you can take different routes to reach the same destination.

But if things are different, it's not the same destination. You simply can't change the past. That board and those pictures could very well have been hanging up all along, have we looked specifically in that house before and definitely not seen those pictures? Not to mention that the pictures could simply have been put there by Christian.

Oh but we have already seen one occasion where Daniel *did* change the past. Remember how he told Desmond to go and find his mother, whereas in the first time around we have been told that Desmond never left the hatch after his partner died?

Rewatch that scene. It's pretty clear that the writers are hinting that there are certain ways to change the past.

Oh but we have already seen one occasion where Daniel *did* change the past. Remember how he told Desmond to go and find his mother, whereas in the first time around we have been told that Desmond never left the hatch after his partner died?

Rewatch that scene. It's pretty clear that the writers are hinting that there are certain ways to change the past.

As Daniel said, Desmond is "special" and the rules do not apply to him. Those rules may not apply to Daniel either. He did manage to avert a catastrophe by suggesting to the "Hostiles/Others" to bury the bomb. I do not think that he would have been able to relay his message through anybody else but Desmond or somebody else with their ability.
Richard Alpert, maybe?

Anyway, with the losties traveling back and fort to the past. I Am slowly starting to believe that they are all stuck in an infinite loop and that they are the cause of it as well the creation of Dharma Initiative, Hostiles etc. Jack will probably end up being Jacob.

As Daniel said, Desmond is "special" and the rules do not apply to him. Those rules may not apply to Daniel either.

Yup, this is possible. Whatever he was up to in the season premier, sneaking around in the Orchid, could well be the cause of "the incident", as well as making him "special".

According to time, Desmond never should have contacted Penny and her boat so that screws up time. You can change time Corp. Sheepo but the outcome will always be the same. Another comparison other than "The Matrix" is the "Final Destination" series.

Also the season finale is called "The Incident". :naughty:

*Like in this time, instead of Ben gassing everybody, this time Ethan does.

Except there is still no proof that anybody ever changed anything. The bomb never went off in an alternate time or anything. Daniel has always warned them about burying it, and it was always buried. The same could go for Desmond. Sure it is weird that he forgot about his meeting until after he got off the island, but the future/past was never changed, the story still exists in one continuous time frame where everything that ever happened or does happen will always happen in exactly that way.

Back