Lost season III *spoilers*

How far into the future was the flash-forward and is it set in stone?

I think it was set during about April 2007. There was a date on the newspaper, plus Jacks phone came out in October 2006 so it must be post Oct 2006.

Desmond said Charlie had to drown in order for the survivors to be saved. At the moment, we don't know if a helicopter(s) has come for the survivors (although the flash forward seems some (Kate and Jack, for now) have got off) but until we do know, Charlie dying like Desmond said so was the way to go in order for events to go forward.

Desmond said Charlie had to drown in order for the survivors to be saved. At the moment, we don't know if a helicopter(s) has come for the survivors (although the flash forward seems some (Kate and Jack, for now) have got off) but until we do know, Charlie dying like Desmond said so was the way to go in order for events to go forward.

Yeah, because Desmond told Charlie he can't shift what his flashbacks show, because then that would change everything. So in essence, Charlie is making the ultimate sacrifice. His life for everybody elses.

Good episode.

Charlie needs to die, and I don't say that out of animosity. I've had a love/hate relationship with him, simultaneously finding him both annoying and sympathetic. On the whole, however, I found him to be a character that gradually evolved into something admirable. Protecting Claire, taking over father duties, less indignant outbursts of insanity. Having him dive into the station and deactivate the jamming device was the culmination of his maturity, and I think that's where he needs to go off. Could it have been done more plausibly? Sure. But bringing him back with "Oh he swam through the window" would just be cheap and pathetic. The only other people from the original cast that have died are Boone and Shannon. It's time the writers started to show that these people are also threatened. Not just the tag-alongs through seasons 2 and 3.

Mikhail is the man, as always. I think we've seen the last of him, but I'm not ready to completely rule him out. The man's taken some bad beatings, been wtfpwnd by brain-melting fences, gotten shot with a harpoon, and still manages to go all kamikaze with a grenade. Either the writers were just milking this guy for all he was worth, or there's more to him than we know. If he is dead, it's possible we may still get an explanation in the future that makes reference to his... seeming indestructibility.

I can't bring myself to hate Ben. I just can't. He's one of the best written characters of the show, and Michael Emerson plays him perfectly. I'm so glad he didn't die, as I want to see more of him. I'm quite interested in how his relationship with his daughter will progress now that Rousseau has now been revealed to Alex as her mother. I know she resents him in many ways, but I'm sure some part of her has to twitch when she says her father beaten and bloodied while tied to a tree. Also, although he is a deceitful, manipulative man, I believe there's more truth to his words than most people care to assume. I'm willing to bet that his actions will be found to have some level of justification next season when the "bad guys" come.

The flash forward was very intriguing and raises a ****load of questions (as Lost typically does). Is Jack's father still alive? Or was Jack just being ballsy? Seeing as how his coffin in the first season was empty, I think it's entirely possible that he's quite involved with the island somehow. He has, after all, been a recurring character in so many of the character's lives. As for the funeral, I'm at a loss. I can't make out a name in the paper clipping, and I wouldn't be surprised if they used a fake name for the time being so that we wouldn't know until later, seeing as how the show has some pretty ravenous fans. It might be Locke, as prior to the crash he was a pretty lonely person. Sawyer's another possibility, as him and Kate may have a pretty bad falling out, but I doubt it. Ben? Again, possible but I doubt it. If he dies, I'm sure it will be on the island.

The name on the paper says otherwise though. I'd understand if it was Michael, that's for sure.

The man on the paper is actually an artist of African descent, and is an artist. Remind you of anyone? Also, found in New york and the guy who plays him was going to appear in the finale, yet couldn't make it due to scheduling issues.

Guy in the coffin is Michael.
You'd think at least Walt and Michael's ex-wife would make it to the funeral.

I'm still going with Ben on this one.

I wonder how they will be rescued now, seeing as Naomi's boat is only looking to kill them.

Michaels ex-wife is dead.
I dunno if it would be Michael in the coffin. I mean, at least Walt would go to the funeral, and the coffin looked a bit short to hold a fully grown man.

Not saying it wont be him, still got another 3 seasons to go yet ;)

I think the window was supposed to be too small to swim through, whether it was or wasn't.

I think we did see charlie die, that's why he stopped moving.

The flash forward was pretty cool, although it also didn't make sense.
The flash backs were (I thought) supposed to represent the characters thoughts, as they generally made sense in the context of the episode. Flashing forward just doesn't work the same way. It was really awkward from a storytelling perspective.

The flashing forward will probably make more sense in the comming seasons. The show will probably remain on the island for some time, but really what we'll be seeing on the island is a flashback. So the future stuff will be in the present and the island stuff will become the flashbacks (but still take up most of the episode).

The thing I didn't like about the flash foward was the fact that it kind of diminished whatever scene they have in store for when these people do get off the island. After everything that has happened, I was totally looking forward to that scene...but really, it's been diminished to a certain extent.

The thing I didn't like about the flash foward was the fact that it kind of diminished whatever scene they have in store for when these people do get off the island. After everything that has happened, I was totally looking forward to that scene...but really, it's been diminished to a certain extent.

Yeah, we had no idea whether or not these people were ever going to get off the island. Now we know at least Jack and Kate get off.

Then again, it could have been an alternate reality, or something like that.

Because the name in the paper starts with a "J" it could be:
James Ford
John Locke
Jacob *insert unknown last name*
Michaels full name
or Jack Shepard ( i know)
or it could just be a false name. I was leaning towards Ben with no one really caring about the funeral and the coffin being somewhat small.

As mentioned previously though the name in the paper seems to end with 'antham'

Yeah, we had no idea whether or not these people were ever going to get off the island. Now we know at least Jack and Kate get off.

Then again, it could have been an alternate reality, or something like that.

It was a good twist, but it does diminish there ever being any sense of threat to either Kate or Jack (and possibly Sawyer) throughout the rest of the series. What will be interesting to see is whether in future episodes we will experience the Island as flash back and recollection rather than being the present as we do now. Anyhows as finales went it was gripping stuff and certainly wazzed from a great height over anything else.

The name of the place where Jack visits the coffin is Hoffs Drawlar, which is an anagram of Flash Forward.

http://www.amazon.com/Flashforward-Robert-J-Sawyer/dp/0812580346

What would you do if you got a glimpse of your own personal future and it looked bleak? Try to change things, or accept that the future is unchangeable and make the best of it? In Flashforward, Nobel-hungry physicists conducting an unimaginably high-energy experiment accidentally induce a global consciousness shift. In an instant, everyone on Earth is "flashed forward" 21 years, experiencing several minutes of the future. But while everyone is, literally, out of their minds, their bodies drop unconscious; when the world reawakens, car wrecks, botched surgeries, falls, and other mishaps add up to massive death and destruction.

just thought it was interesting. Coincidence? I think not D:

Good episode.

Charlie needs to die, and I don't say that out of animosity. I've had a love/hate relationship with him, simultaneously finding him both annoying and sympathetic. On the whole, however, I found him to be a character that gradually evolved into something admirable. Protecting Claire, taking over father duties, less indignant outbursts of insanity. Having him dive into the station and deactivate the jamming device was the culmination of his maturity, and I think that's where he needs to go off. Could it have been done more plausibly? Sure. But bringing him back with "Oh he swam through the window" would just be cheap and pathetic. The only other people from the original cast that have died are Boone and Shannon. It's time the writers started to show that these people are also threatened. Not just the tag-alongs through seasons 2 and 3.

Mikhail is the man, as always. I think we've seen the last of him, but I'm not ready to completely rule him out. The man's taken some bad beatings, been wtfpwnd by brain-melting fences, gotten shot with a harpoon, and still manages to go all kamikaze with a grenade. Either the writers were just milking this guy for all he was worth, or there's more to him than we know. If he is dead, it's possible we may still get an explanation in the future that makes reference to his... seeming indestructibility.

I can't bring myself to hate Ben. I just can't. He's one of the best written characters of the show, and Michael Emerson plays him perfectly. I'm so glad he didn't die, as I want to see more of him. I'm quite interested in how his relationship with his daughter will progress now that Rousseau has now been revealed to Alex as her mother. I know she resents him in many ways, but I'm sure some part of her has to twitch when she says her father beaten and bloodied while tied to a tree. Also, although he is a deceitful, manipulative man, I believe there's more truth to his words than most people care to assume. I'm willing to bet that his actions will be found to have some level of justification next season when the "bad guys" come.

The flash forward was very intriguing and raises a ****load of questions (as Lost typically does). Is Jack's father still alive? Or was Jack just being ballsy? Seeing as how his coffin in the first season was empty, I think it's entirely possible that he's quite involved with the island somehow. He has, after all, been a recurring character in so many of the character's lives. As for the funeral, I'm at a loss. I can't make out a name in the paper clipping, and I wouldn't be surprised if they used a fake name for the time being so that we wouldn't know until later, seeing as how the show has some pretty ravenous fans. It might be Locke, as prior to the crash he was a pretty lonely person. Sawyer's another possibility, as him and Kate may have a pretty bad falling out, but I doubt it. Ben? Again, possible but I doubt it. If he dies, I'm sure it will be on the island.

The person in the coffin is one of the last few survivors from the island. Ben said "if you do, everyone on this island will die", and they do die, only from disease and natural causes, and lead a miserable life. That is why Jack said they "made a mistake".

Is Jack's father still alive? Or was Jack just being ballsy? Seeing as how his coffin in the first season was empty, I think it's entirely possible that he's quite involved with the island somehow. He has, after all, been a recurring character in so many of the character's lives.

Damon and Carlton categorically stated that Christian was dead during one of the official Lost pod casts, unless the Island is capable of bringing the dead back to life (Zombie season jokes aside) which is something that hasn't manifested itself so far (Boone, Shannon, etc, etc), we will not be seeing Christian walking around outside of flashbacks. The writers have also confirmed that Smokie has manifested itself as Christian to Jack, as the black horse to Kate, and as Walt to Shannon and Sayid. Pretty much any vision is clearly derived from one source it seems.

That was one amazing Lost episode.

The person in the coffin is one of the last few survivors from the island. Ben said "if you do, everyone on this island will die", and they do die, only from disease and natural causes, and lead a miserable life. That is why Jack said they "made a mistake".

He said mistake as in leaving the island, not getting everyone killed. The developers have confirmed that the next series will be both flash-forwards and flash-backs. So they can't be all dead.

It is still unknown why he wants to go back so badly, my guess is that he actually really liked it there and only just realised it, Because his life is so shit.

My views on the coffin are that it is either Ben or Locke. Because they have a bond with the island and they are the two people who could possibly get Jack back on the island. However it could also be Juliet in the coffin.

When he said "im tired of lying" i got the impression that hes lying to everyone, and the crash and rescue is all a big cover up and they are forced to lie about what has happened.

Oh my word. Just seen the last of Season 3 ...

:O

I don't think I want to see season 4, can't they just end it here? It'd be so much easier on my mind...

... but then again ... its so good!!! :(

Locke and Ben would only leave the island if they were forced to.
As for the coffin, at the moment I'm thinking that it is Ben since everybody else I can think of would have somebody turn up, Locke has Helen and probably other 815 survivors, Juliet has her sister, Sawyer has Cassidy, Michael has Walt and perhaps Brian, etc.
There are other possibilities of course, perhaps they couldn't make it to the viewing (but the implication is that this character isn't well liked) perhaps they are squeamish of dead bodies and will go to the funeral.

Am I the only person who hears, "I'm tired of flying!" like when he keeps going around hoping for crashes?

Im just wondering... Not becouse it realy matters but, when Charlies room got filled with water, whouldn't the water stop rising after it got over the window? Or whould the pressure make it keep coming?

I figure it would keep filling due to the pressure. Then again, I'm not a physicist :(

Thats an interesting thought, there would actually be some air left at the top I think, enough to breathe for a while actually.

Id have thought the water would stop rising after it covered the porthole because there would be nowhere for the remaining air to escape from. What do I know though?!

Looked to me more like he let himself drown. Inevitability and all that.

i dont really watch lost but i watched the finale of season 3 on sky tonight, was really awesome although i was a bit wtf at times, makes me wana watch the rest of the episodes :)

i actually thought the scene at the end was a flashback and when kate got out of the car i was really like 'wtf!?'

Looked to me more like he let himself drown. Inevitability and all that.

I think so. Seemed pretty obvious he could have made it out of the room and had time to seal the door without flooding the whole station but he'd been told he had to die for claire to be rescued.

How can I wait 10 months for it to be back on my tv screen though :frown:

me too....i've been rewatching "Through the Looking Glass" and new questions have been raised.

1. Is Jack's dad in fact dead? While there are lines that make it seem like he could be alive, they still leave the possibility that he is in fact dead.
"I'll need to call your fathers office to confirm this."
"He's out of town right now."
2. Is Jack cursed by the numbers now? Maybe the accident on the bridge wasn't his fault but caused merely by the curse of the numbers. Maybe he's not really addicted to oxy but merely taking it because the oxy somehow keeps the curse at bay even a little bit, we just don't know how yet. Possibly because the person with the curse has to have a clear mind for the curse to be able to read the persons mind or whatever so it knows what kind of tradegy to cause and where.

3. When Kate says, "He's gonna be wondering where I am." who's to say she doesn't mean Kevin from "I Do"

Back