Magazine coverage of HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varsity said:
I thought Keroin left. I really need to buy the mag more often.

Nah, he's still on the reviewing staff.

Should probably get back on topic now though, heh.

Him and Jim sort of left - they're sort of temporary rather than proper. It'd be funny to see Ross as editor - a PC gaming equivalent of the Telegraph ;)

simmo said:
lol, Keiron was a kewl guy...pitty I dont buy PCG anymore now i'm on BB, I used to get it for the discs most times ;)
Exactly the same for me. :LOL:

Edit: Aha, I found his blog in my bookmarks. I used to read that thing religously!

Good, all questions answered, now we just wait. So EXCITED! eek!

The next PCG UK issue has no new information, you know.

at the very least there should be new info at next months E3, heres hoping we will all be playing HL2 singleplayer (and then Multiplayer) soon... and OUR soon.. not Valve's "soon" (aka: maybe within the next year... maybe)
:)

I breifly looked at pc gamer as I went into work today, I didn't have time to read it. But I'll go in tomorrow and read it. :p

Varsity said:
The next PCG UK issue has no new information, you know.

proof? link?

im sitting here looking at a page with HL2 smacked over it saying

"next month, all secrets revealed"

would be kinda retarded not to include any Hl2 info wouldnt it?

I breifly looked at pc gamer as I went into work today, I didn't have time to read it. But I'll go in tomorrow and read it.

So close.... and yet... so far.

lol this whole pcgamer thing has become insanely confusing, heres whats for certain.

Half-Life 2 Previews

PC Zone (UK) 29th April
PC Gamer (UK) Mid May (Dunno exact date, same time as E3 though)
PC Gamer (US) Either 16th April or Mid May

I'll go ahead and buy it tomorrow morning and we'll see how the info gets around ;)
Well that is after I read it and judge if it's got anything new.
Not even pirate source hl2w**ld have it up.

Lobster said:
lol this whole pcgamer thing has become insanely confusing, heres whats for certain.

Half-Life 2 Previews

PC Zone (UK) 29th April
PC Gamer (UK) Mid May (Dunno exact date, same time as E3 though)
PC Gamer (US) Either 16th April or Mid May

the UK pc gamer says 15th april.

I was all around town today... no PC Gamer anywhere. i'm guessing it's gonna be tomorrow. if i remember correctly last year it was people on the shipping end grabbing copies, and subscribers who got their copies early.

Lets hope we get our stuff tomorrow.

EDIT: My guess is that this is all done simultaneously. I learned a lot more about the distribution of magazines today than I had ever wanted to. Magazines come on a truck that delivers a bin (or bins) full of magazines in the morning. That bin is kept with all the other packages that come to the store, and the magazines are put on the shelf by store workers as soon as they have a chance. I was even shown the empty bin by one nice woman at Barnes and Noble. Bottom line is, until the magazine truck comes, nobody's going to have the mag. If they came in the mail, that would be different, but they are hand delivered to retailers.

My friend got a new UK copy of PCG today. Nothing new apparently. Ill double check that though, just in case.

PainLord said:
My friend got a new UK copy of PCG today. Nothing new apparently. Ill double check that though, just in case.

Pain, Abom says he got it a while ago. it aparently doesn't have the "Inside Valve" article promised in the previous issue.

I did find a copy of PC Gamer UK at my local US Barnes and Noble, and i checked out the ad that said they would have a HL2 preview in the next issue... it's no where near as in-depth and promising as the US PC Gamer issue's preview, so i got the feeling they knew they couldn't really print new stuff yet.

Dougy said:
the UK pc gamer says 15th april.

We already know this months UK PCGamer has no HL2 preview, its coming in next months, however IN this months issue, the announcment of there being a preview in next months UK PCGamer, was identical to the announcement in US PCGamers 10th anniversary addition released last month, so theres a possibility the US PC gamer will have the preview in this months issue, which is released on the 16th.

This whole things just a question of when.

why can't magazines put the same month on the side as the month they get released? that always sillied me up :p

anyone got the magazine yet, its 2.30pm chinese time so maybe its still the 15th for some of you.

hehe ;D its 10:55 german time :) .. i think we have to wait another 5 hours or smthng.

moppe said:
Buy magazine.
Scan.
Enjoy.

Word

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

I got the UK PC Gamer about 5 days early ( i subscribe).
The HL2 report is in 2 parts, part1 this month and part2 next month.

It does say they got to play HL2. "We've just been over to Valve's HQ in Seattle for our first hands-on play of the game. And we can tell you this: it's everything we've hoped"

The first part is 6 pages long, there are no new pictures but it does say there will be in part2 next month, also what its like to play.

What is does it says, in general, that we don't know about Scorps?

If that's true why don't you quote a little more?!

I've seen it. There's no new information, just a collection of all the old stuff.

Scorps said:
I got the UK PC Gamer about 5 days early ( i subscribe).
The HL2 report is in 2 parts, part1 this month and part2 next month.

It does say they got to play HL2. "We've just been over to Valve's HQ in Seattle for our first hands-on play of the game. And we can tell you this: it's everything we've hoped"

The first part is 6 pages long, there are no new pictures but it does say there will be in part2 next month, also what its like to play.

Thank You. It's certainly nice to read 'it's everything we've hoped'
But I thought we were waiting for the PC Gamer US to come out today? That there wasn't any new stuff in the UK was already known. But thanks anyway :)

Well there were a couple of things I didn't know about, but many of you probably do. There are definitely 2 manipulator weapons (one allowing you to join objects together or something). Also...something about Valve mentioning the idea that Striders may be drivable in the game..but this wasn't definite. You probably knew all this anyway though.

PvtRyan said:
But I thought we were waiting for the PC Gamer US to come out today?
Yeah because Valve are notorious for their hate of the British and lie to them constantly and withold information.
Personally I can hardly wait to reprise the role of Alexander Morgan, grab a wrench and get behind the wheel of an aging Chevrolet and run over some biozeminades in Australia :hmph:

el Chi said:
Yeah because Valve are notorious for their hate of the British and lie to them constantly and withold information.
Personally I can hardly wait to reprise the role of Alexander Morgan, grab a wrench and get behind the wheel of an aging Chevrolet and run over some biozeminades in Australia :hmph:

on my way out to go see what i can find today... keep your fingers crossed.

>.< i thought you meant us pc gamer and was wondering why there was nothing about hl2 in it at all.

theres still a good chance the US PC gamer will simply have the first part of there preview, but not to worry, only 2 weeks to wait before pc zone gets theres out.

Although lately, they appear to have been going into 'lad mag' speak, which is somewhat offputting.
Dude, they were doing that in '98.

BTW kids - anything they have in the mag you'll have by E3. So don't get too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back