Minecraft = Love

Well, creepers don't explode randomly, so I don't see a problem with it. Even if you hear a creeper's fuse start, just back up real quick and it'll reset.

physics in this game would suck. the framerate is really high and i like it that way

also all my buildings would kill millions if not billions of pigs in my pig farm

lol jk i don't have a pig farm....but that would be hott!

It shouldn't be that intensive, should it?

It could be fairly 'simple'

Couldn't it just be that for every certain size of a group of blocks(I.e. from birds-eye perspective a bridge like this), he'd say that a support can support two blocks in every direction(just a random hypothetical number for ease of showing my idea.)

X is bridge itself, hovering mid-air, O is the support-pillar.

Bridge that collapses:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

Bridge that is stable with supports:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXOXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

And then run a check every 5 minutes to see if each block is supported properly, if not, have it collapse.

It wouldn't have to be overly complicated with shit like weight-calculation and such, just a simple system that says that one pillar supports X amount of blocks in each direction, blocks outside that amount will fall down and turn into rubble.

Disclaimer: My idea might be completely retarded, I apologize if it is and I make no sense.

Being able to switch real physics on and off would be okay too. IF there was a physics system.

I guess it would work but there is so much else going on in the gameworld as well. Having the ability to switch it on or off would be fun and more challenging. But the last thing I want to see is flying bricks slamming into me from random physics crashes. I remember when HL2 came out and some random planks would crush me one time or another

brb, building a great wall across my land

Well, it's those kinda random crazy ****ups that make games fun!

Giant Wall of China is a great idea for my world. so easy to build, and I can build it right into the hillsides

This 'game' is strangely addicting. Watched a couple of tutorials yesterday, then climbed the highest mountain in my surroundings, and started to dig my house. Two floors down now. Gonna keep going deeper since I need ore anyway.

zing

1275120665059.jpg

Oh my, this is so fun.

I've made a house, but i don't think it's in the best place.

I've learned to craft basic stuff - glass / doors etc.

How do I find metal and shit? What will it look like? Those blocks with shit in them (like, brown blobs in the middle) how do I get that shit out?

I managed to get coal, it just fell out of the block when I dug it up.

I can't wait to figure out pressure plates / doors etc, i'm gonna make me some traps.

Look at the beginner's guide I posted last page. You need to use certain mining picks to get certain metals - wood for coal, stone for iron, iron for basically everything else.

Got bored today and made.... THE WHITEHOUSE!!!
Back

jy4c6.png

Front

0Al8P.png

Inside (WIP)

RmE2J.png
And also... THE TITANIC!!
VzwGN.png

iZMZD.png
Edit: AND THERE'S MORE!!

The Sears Tower!!!!!
From the ground

l3TNY.png

In the air

rolHd.png

Birdseye

All in a days work!

t0kv8.png

Holy ****! nice job 16th!

mc11.jpg

adding more supports, its coming along nicely

wonder how long that took?? also reminds me of the main city in Oblivion: Imperial City

What's even more awesome is he basically did it just with some basic cover art featured on the books the castle is featured in, and descriptions in the book, so he had very little graphical data to go on.

From what I understand anyway.

Man, Emporius, myself and a few other friends just played an epic round of Survival Multiplayer in Minecraft.

Once we got used to spawning things as admins of the server, we found a very narrow, deep cavern that we decided to fill completely with TNT. Along with some extra veins of TNT spread around for fun, this is what it looked like before detonation...

beforem.jpg

Then, we all gathered round, played the 1812 Overture at 2:30 in the morning, and detonated the whole thing. This is what it looked like later:

aftera.jpg

Probably the coolest part was examining the massive hole that was made from the detonation...

lookingupz.jpg

And then after that we went on an epic boat adventure to the "New World", in which of course, we blew everything there up too.

I love this game so much right now :D

This game is so damn addicting. How do you get explode-able TNT btw? I've searching for answer without much luck.

You are playing in Minecraft Classic right?

There is no explodable TNT in that version. You need to buy/download the Alpha version for that. Classic is for building only basically.

You are playing in Minecraft Classic right?

There is no explodable TNT in that version. You need to buy/download the Alpha version for that. Classic is for building only basically.

I bought Alpha. I just see pictures of people with extreme assload amounts of TNT, so I know there's no way in hell that they crafted all of it. Is there some sort of hack?

There's some server commands or whatever that lets them spawn it.

You can get this thing called MineEditor and you can spawn anything you want.

I ONLY use it for tnt. And that's because you can only get gunpowder from creepers, which A) you don't see often and, B) they never drop enough to make one box of tnt.

Wait, are creepers those mother****ers that come out of no where and EXPLODE IN YOUR GOD DAMN FACE?! :frown:

Wait, are creepers those mother****ers that come out of no where and EXPLODE IN YOUR GOD DAMN FACE?! :frown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14KwzYBjm-8

Also:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/941853...nning-friday-update-and-another#disqus_thread

Now, to minecraft;
I’m working on name verification, a flag to start servers in offline/insecure mode, and banning support at the moment, and will probably release it today. It will require a client, server AND launcher update. :-O

Tomorrow, I will do a seecret friday update. Ooooh! I wonder what it could be? Perhaps hamsters? Perhaps turnips? Who knows!?

Server-side inventory is coming next week, including shared chests and so, and this is also when I will fix some of the bugs in SMP, like the ladder thing and the looking through walls bug.

Holy shit.
That's better than digging everything out.

Back