Minecraft = Love

^
Giant bridge or tunnel leading from one base to another!

You guys have some serious imagination to start in an empty map and end up with shit like that.

Only someone with no imagination at all sees it as empty. Each new map is a blank canvas. :cool:

Seriously though, the block building is so simplistic that even an uncreative mofo like me can make some neat things (I tend to stick to less garish designs though, no huge lava towers or anything :p). There's just something about it that encourages you to experiment.

what you should do is play on pleasant for a while, build a base, gather materials, then slowly add more difficulty. its more fun that way. and also I still get scared at night in a cave away from my home
I didn't realise you could change difficultly mid-game. Might do this.

Only someone with no imagination at all sees it as empty. Each new map is a blank canvas. :cool:

Seriously though, the block building is so simplistic that even an uncreative mofo like me can make some neat things (I tend to stick to less garish designs though, no huge lava towers or anything :p). There's just something about it that encourages you to experiment.

This game is the equivalent of a bunch of Legos... except each Lego has different properties... and sometimes someone blows your shit up.

I ran into this terrain feature when I went out to explore. I call it "Hand of Notch." It actually points directly to my spawn point about a five minute walk away.

handofnotch.jpg

Forgot to mention. I also saw a cactus. Never seen them getting mentioned before. Are they rare/new?

Forgot to mention. I also saw a cactus. Never seen them getting mentioned before. Are they rare/new?

I've never seen one in my little region, but I accidently loaded a new map and the very first thing I saw was a cactus. I really should explore a little further out in my zone... I've basically just been building m place and digging. I have two double chests full of random crap (mostly stone because I have nowhere to put it) and the only thing I'll get if I keep digging is more crap.

edit: Also, I still haven't found another cavern... only that one I found after some digging in a cave. I dunno why I want to find one so badly but I do. If I don't find one after going through the five or so steel picks I have (or if I don't find a ton of iron), I'm going to just give up and build something epic.

Another important thing, if you build a massive ladder, be careful climbing it because you don't really lock to it, you can totally fly off the side if you're not careful.

Cacti are relatively new. Maybe 3 weeks old. I'd consider them rare since I've only seen them once in game.

Starbob, I created a trash can for getting rid of stuff. Basically one block of lava with a stone border and I toss all of my crap in there and it gets incinerated instantly.

Are there any plans on adding in seasons etc?

That'd be f*cking awesome, being able to experience winter, summer etc on the same map.

Are there any plans on adding in seasons etc?

That'd be f*cking awesome, being able to experience winter, summer etc on the same map.

I've heard that seasons are on the list in addition to biomes. I think both would be great additions. Who knows if or when it'll happen though.

Cacti are relatively new. Maybe 3 weeks old. I'd consider them rare since I've only seen them once in game.

Starbob, I created a trash can for getting rid of stuff. Basically one block of lava with a stone border and I toss all of my crap in there and it gets incinerated instantly.

Good idea... too bad I haven't seen a spec of lava. I NEED A CAVERN. I've dug soooooo much and sooooooo far and still the only one I saw was that one by a cave. It's depressing. I needs me some lava.

I really do want to buy this, but I tend to get really addicted to things, so I'm afraid it might end up with me spending easily a hundred hours on this before I even touch another game, and with my huge backlog, I'm not sure it's a good idea.:(

I've seen and collected Cacti but maybe he'll make a desert someday. Also I'm really hoping for Horses someday in this game. Traveling would be awesome in that fashion

Also including my backlog, is Starcraft 2 and Heavy Rain so who the **** cares. its Summertime, its all about having fun with what you want to play with.

Quick question: Is the 3x3 crafting grid the largest one or can you make like a metal workbench or something for a larger one?

Cactus only grows on sand for those who are actually looking for it. And you can cactus farm now apparently. I don't know what the benefits are.

Quick question: Is the 3x3 crafting grid the largest one or can you make like a metal workbench or something for a larger one?

That's the biggest crafting grid there is. You can't make a device with a bigger grid.

I've seen some people using cactus almost like a fence since mobs, and humans as well, get hurt by cacti.

There's no point in a larger one.. no recipe uses more than a 3x3.

Also, I realized that you can reskin items to make them look different. So, instead of the default look for the axe, you could essentially make a battle axe and it would look the same ingame.

You can reskin dirt to look like a diamond block, and post it on forums.

There's no point in a larger one.. no recipe uses more than a 3x3.
Wasn't it sort of obvious from my question that I didn't know if there were recipes that need a larger grid or not? I don't want to just look at a list of them because I'm trying to discover them myself (though I did know one or two before I started playing, like how to make a workbench and pickaxe).

Wasn't it sort of obvious from my question that I didn't know if there were recipes that need a larger grid or not? I don't want to just look at a list of them because I'm trying to discover them myself (though I did know one or two before I started playing, like how to make a workbench and pickaxe).

Some are so obscure it's kind of silly to do that. I get the point but when some require very specific placement of resources that you'll never ever find them unless you do trial and error for two hours.

Why in the **** did I pick this up?

I've been playing since 6pm.

I have a 4 storey mansion with 2 glass staircases, and a huuuuuge basement.

I'm playing the free single player version. If I pay, do I get the version with enemies? Is there any way to make doors for my pad? What's all this about gold? all i had was blocks, and all i could do is smash them or build more.

Maybe i'll head over to the wiki, and buy the full version anyway. Maybe you guys could give me some pointers? How do i find gold? I saw some rocks with yellow spots, is that it? How do i get it out?

Why in the **** did I pick this up?

I've been playing since 6pm.

I have a 4 storey mansion with 2 glass staircases, and a huuuuuge basement.

I'm playing the free single player version. If I pay, do I get the version with enemies? Is there any way to make doors for my pad? What's all this about gold? all i had was blocks, and all i could do is smash them or build more.

Maybe i'll head over to the wiki, and buy the full version anyway. Maybe you guys could give me some pointers? How do i find gold? I saw some rocks with yellow spots, is that it? How do i get it out?

You're playing the classic game mode, which is pretty much just a creative mode. I personally don't like that mode.

The purchased version of the game is "survival" mode where you have to make pickaxes, axes, shovels and stuff, digging into the earth to find coal, iron, diamond etc, chopping down trees for wood. You actually have to gather resources to build and make things instead of just having an infinite supply of whatever blocks you want that there is in creative mode. The stuff you create feels infinitely more satisfying as a result, and will probably be more practical.

There are also monsters in caves, and at night, and in the daytime there are cows, chickens, pigs that you can get resources from.

You're playing the classic game mode, which is pretty much just a creative mode. I personally don't like that mode.

The purchased version of the game is "survival" mode where you have to make pickaxes, axes, shovels and stuff, digging into the earth to find coal, iron, diamond etc, chopping down trees for wood. You actually have to gather resources to build and make things instead of just having an infinite supply of whatever blocks you want that there is in creative mode. The stuff you create feels infinitely more satisfying as a result, and will probably be more practical.

There are also monsters in caves, and at night, and in the daytime there are cows, chickens, pigs that you can get resources from.

Sounds cool, but those monsters might shit me up!

Can I make a house with a door so they can't get in?

It's too late anyway, i'm gonna buy it.

Sounds cool, but those monsters might shit me up!

Can I make a house with a door so they can't get in?

It's too late anyway, i'm gonna buy it.

Yes, you can make a house with a door. As of present they can't get in through doors, and can't break them down.

Make a metal door with a switch just in case.

Here is a shot of my expanding bridge from the other side:

mc9.jpg

Are you going to build supports? That's a heavy ass bridge!

I can't stand structures that don't look like they have any support. It's like "PHYYYSSIIICSSS SAHHHHAKSDHKHJFKDJKDJF:KLDJF"

map5obliqueangleday.png
You can see where I scarred the hell out of the land with explosives. The big part is deep as hell. I actually have to dig my way out everytime.

This game is the equivalent of a bunch of Legos... except each Lego has different properties... and sometimes someone blows your shit up.
Haha, well put. Creepers are the Minecraft equivalent of an older brother kicking down your legos. :p

Creepers blowing up my frickin' penthouse.

This is war.

Man, I was doing some experiment type things with tnt. Like planting them one block under ground in rows so that you couldn't see them. Then have them leading all to one block of tnt which would act as a fuse.

Makes a pretty good landmine defense. I don't really see the use of it other than for fun, but idk. The possibilities are endless.

Are you going to build supports? That's a heavy ass bridge!

yeah of course. but since the game will let me get away with it I won't for now. its quicker this way because then I can just bust right through to the level and close the gap

also I want a horse and bitch in this game. hopefully beta will have those

Yesss, I'm back home and I can play minecraft again!

Imagine if he makes it so that there is a 'physics' engine for your buildings, i.e. they collapse without proper support and shit, and then a creeper blows a vital support to your epic tower, and it all crumbles to dust.

That'd suck.

Imagine if he makes it so that there is a 'physics' engine for your buildings, i.e. they collapse without proper support and shit, and then a creeper blows a vital support to your epic tower, and it all crumbles to dust.

That'd suck.

Redundancy.

Back