Minecraft = Love

How the hell do you get so many torches?
I can't even find any flint stone or anything.

You dont need flint for torches. Torches require 1 piece of coal and 1 wooden stick.

EDIT: I can ignite the ground with it, but not enemies.
You can use flint/tinder on any block surface, but not creatures yeah. They'll burn if they run through it, but it doesn't do much damage.

Another warning: Notch cranked up (way up) the way fire spreads in the last patch, and made it so lava burns things it comes into contact with. Seriously, be careful with that shit, it's crazy.

I wish I could generate something that looks like furniture...
Logs + stairs =

mcsofa.jpg

You dont need flint for torches. Torches require 1 piece of coal and 1 wooden stick.

Right, and it makes 4 torches. Before long, you'll have the capacity to make as many torches as you need.

EDIT: What the shit...

20100806184316clipboard.png

I have a feeling bad things will happen to me if I jump down there. I thought the bedrock was supposed to protect me!

EDIT: From Minepedia.

In the Survival mode test, bedrock blocks on the map could not be destroyed. The same went for Indev. If the bedrock layer on the bottom of the map is exposed, it will often create lava on top of it when the game is closed and reopened. In Infdev and Alpha mode, a rough and uneven layer of bedrock exists at the bottom of the map. It is possible to find a hole in the bedrock and jump literally, out of the bottom of the map, although doing so will kill the player. The bedrock is impossible to destroy with any means.

That the underworld. Jump down there and you'll never get out.

Actually I heard you could destroy bedrock if you packed TNT in there and blocked it off or something.

I don't want infinite depths, but it'd be cool if he made the world at least twice as deep.

You can use flint/tinder on any block surface, but not creatures yeah. They'll burn if they run through it, but it doesn't do much damage.

Another warning: Notch cranked up (way up) the way fire spreads in the last patch, and made it so lava burns things it comes into contact with. Seriously, be careful with that shit, it's crazy.

Logs + stairs =

mcsofa.jpg

Ah well that's pretty simple. Never thought about stairs. I haven't even made any yet.

Also, I've found a hole in the bedrock as well, I accidently knocked something down it so I didn't attempt to wander down. I put a block over it and ran away.

That fire looks brutal. Who plays in third person? It takes away a lot from the game for me... I just think those character animations are wonky from third person....

Shit.
Discovered a coal deposit in some underground cave, made a ton of torches and decided to go even deeper.
Ended up going through a hollow point in the caves and fell into lava. :|

Laughed my ass off whilst tearing my hair out from rage because I hadn't saved in a while and I was making good progress on my house.

I have hit the jackpot with redstone. While exploring this cave system and some other digging, I have like 300 redstone powder.

Most of my redstone was found by random veins in the ground as I've been digging my tunnels near the bottom of the map.

I still wish somebody could maybe help me with the headphone humming thing, which is still going on even after limiting fps, albeit not as bad.

I mean, I have a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones. this is the only game I've ever noticed this issue.

I just found some Redstone but how do you mine it?? do I keep needing to convert to a harder source to mine it?? also reached the bottom of the map!! took me some time but finally got down there. I dug in my usual deep mine, then I climbed my way up another way and miraculously ended up right where I started, it was an awesome feeling

I just found some Redstone but how do you mine it?? do I keep needing to convert to a harder source to mine it?? also reached the bottom of the map!! took me some time but finally got down there. I dug in my usual deep mine, then I climbed my way up another way and miraculously ended up right where I started, it was an awesome feeling

What kind of axes are you using? Redstone can only be gotten with steel or diamond pickaxes I believe.

What kind of axes are you using? Redstone can only be gotten with steel or diamond pickaxes I believe.

oh...ok...hmmm I need to look at the wiki for minecraft more often

I find redstone worthless. I either dig around it, or just put it away and never use it.

I bought Starcraft 2 the day of release and still haven't finished it because Minecraft is such a good game. I'm working on a 3rd house, and I've made a cool pool with a river. there is no way to stop the current from flowing right??

I think if you put a water source in every unlevel section of the pool, it stops flowing. I think it's kind of bugged though.

I've made a few red stone circuits with the stuff which allow you to do some cool stuff, but mostly leave it in the caves untouched since I already have loads of it.

You can create your own water flows by dropping a bucket of water on the side of a block as opposed to putting it on the top of a block or into the center of a pool. You can stop that flow you just placed by breaking the block that has the water flow on its side and you may or may not need to break the block below it as well but can't remember.

Has anybody seen slimes? I haven't seen a single one.

20100807104601clipboard.png

Pro Tip: Don't build your tunnels and staircases without planning for a mine track. It's no fun carving one in after the fact. It looks tacky.

I haven't seen them since the last update. They may have been taken out for something.

Actually, he made it so that they only spawn in caves.

Check out my greenhouse...
2d1lmbl.jpg

I also finally finished my massive ladder.

2liex6f.png

So is it just me or do trees grow entirely randomly? One day I look and a tree grew to full size but none of the others have. Also, I had a tree grow to like 3-4 times the size of a normal tree. I had to build a huge hill to get all the wood out of it and I think I forgot some because the top leaves haven't died yet (yo can see it in the bottom of the ladder pic)

been playing all afternoon. made a few new homes and now I found a really good spot for my wooden house. i don't think I've even seen half the map but I'd love to put a house on every hill top

Oh I forgot to mention this... I was digging a ridiclously long tunnel and I broke through to a cavern... and I was like "omg someone set up torches in here!?" and I was scared... got my sword all ready... then I charge in... and find out it's a cave I lit up early in the game...

Yep...

Oh I forgot to mention this... I was digging a ridiclously long tunnel and I broke through to a cavern... and I was like "omg someone set up torches in here!?" and I was scared... got my sword all ready... then I charge in... and find out it's a cave I lit up early in the game...

Yep...

I did that so many times. signs help a lot

Here is my new home I'm working on. I started building it, then saw the waterfall near it. I'd love to make a Frank Loyd Wright home but I don't have the brains for it. Anyway I'm feeling homesick and want to go back to my original home and spruce it up a bit. still playing on Pleasant mode, when I get bored I'll make it harder
minecraft3.jpg

It seems like this thread will never die because of how awesome this game is.

And considering it's still in Alpha it will only keep getting better.

edit: and yeah trees grow randomly there's medium and large i think.

And considering it's still in Alpha it will only keep getting better.

edit: and yeah trees grow randomly there's medium and large i think.

they should add rope. it would be simple to implement and be fun to use. i'd also love to be able to turn night time off for a period of time. but overall there isn't much I'd change to this fun game

I do love the music in this game but it NEVER PLAYS and it pisses me off. You'll go like an hour with nothing adn then one song.

Server List for those who haven't tried the real multiplayer yet

Had a really fun night, got in a few Survival Mode Multiplayer maps and they decided after a few hard hours of work to destroy the whole map. TNT spawns are "/item 46 64" and "/item 46 200" anyway here are some snapshots, i wish i had a video for tonight

1st image is from the bridge:
mc4.jpg

mc5.jpg

Then I climbed up to see everything
mc6.jpg

By the time I snapped this shot, you can see the sinkhole near the top of the map, it quickly killed me within like 5 seconds
mc7.jpg

the last pic is right before I died

Wait, you can spawn items?

The only thing I want is tnt. Just to blow the hell out of stuff for fun. In singleplayer, I mean.

Back