Minecraft = Love

not too sure if it works in Single Player games but try it

/item 46 64
/item 46 200

edit: is there a command prompt in SP gameplay?? I don't know what it is. also I'm a little buzzed right now and MC is awesome

I want this :( ... but seeing as the only payment method they accept is Paypal, I'll have to wait, due to being banned from it/being too lazy to open another account with a second bank account.

paypal gift cards are everywhere though. just buy a $20 card and make a new user name

I want this :( ... but seeing as the only payment method they accept is Paypal, I'll have to wait, due to being banned from it/being too lazy to open another account with a second bank account.

How you get banned from paypal? That must be sad.. paypal is like the internet's favorite way to do money things. It's surprising how much of a monopoly it is.

Anyways, I don't even like the idea of multiplayer. I know internet people and no one could ever do anything worthwhile without someone coming in and ****ing it up. If anything, I would like to have the ability for someone to come in and not be able to destroy/place any blocks just so people could see other people's stuff first hand. Of course, there are times when you'd wanna build stuff with your friends but I wouldn't want some random person blowing up something that took me 3 hours to make or something.

How you get banned from paypal? That must be sad.. paypal is like the internet's favorite way to do money things. It's surprising how much of a monopoly it is.

Anyways, I don't even like the idea of multiplayer. I know internet people and no one could ever do anything worthwhile without someone coming in and ****ing it up. If anything, I would like to have the ability for someone to come in and not be able to destroy/place any blocks just so people could see other people's stuff first hand. Of course, there are times when you'd wanna build stuff with your friends but I wouldn't want some random person blowing up something that took me 3 hours to make or something.

Uhh... HL2.net server... persistent... ONLY people who we trust get the IP or password, whatever.

It would work with us. We're not dicks with that sort of thing. The only way it could go wrong was if people gave out the password to people who **** it up.

Uhh... HL2.net server... persistent... ONLY people who we trust get the IP or password, whatever.

It would work with us. We're not dicks with that sort of thing. The only way it could go wrong was if people gave out the password to people who **** it up.

I'm in. Plus floating around is some server admin tool.

Dont worry about it warped. I foudn this app called Minecraft Editor or something. I gave myself like lots of tnt.

pic related. I can't take this down either. It has to be detonated in that position.

mc54.jpg

Server passwords aren't in yet, but I've been on a few "private" servers where things have still been burned/exploded, it's gotten to the point where people just don't use wood for anything. The way fire propagates is ridiculous as hell right now though, so it can even happen accidentally. Anyway, this is only the first iteration of survival multi, he's talked about adding neat things like claim flags which let you "own" a certain patch of land, so you're the only one who can modify it (except maybe admins, not sure).

But yeah, we really need more people to get into this so hopefully someone with a spare computer or something will eventually make a HL2.net server (someone not in New Zealand :p). That said, it's still pretty unoptimized right now, I've heard some server admins saying it can be a real strain with even 10+ people in there all building and exploring.

Server passwords aren't in yet, but I've been on a few "private" servers where things have still been burned/exploded, it's gotten to the point where people just don't use wood for anything. The way fire propagates is ridiculous as hell right now though, so it can even happen accidentally. Anyway, this is only the first iteration of survival multi, he's talked about adding neat things like claim flags which let you "own" a certain patch of land, so you're the only one who can modify it (except maybe admins, not sure).

But yeah, we really need more people to get into this so hopefully someone with a spare computer or something will eventually make a HL2.net server (someone not in New Zealand :p). That said, it's still pretty unoptimized right now, I've heard some server admins saying it can be a real strain with even 10+ people in there all building and exploring.

Hopefully with the claim flags thing, he makes it so the owner can manage a list of individuals he allows to build on his plot... for partnerships and stuff.

EDIT: Jesus Hokey!

EDIT: Jesus! Jesus, Hokey! Jesus, Hokey! Jesus, Hokey! Jesus, Hokey! Jes—Oh! Jesus, Hokey My life is a lie! My life is a lie! Somebody’s got to get stabbed! Somebody’s got to get sta— Sta— Sta—

Anyway, bedtime.

I can't remember why, but my account was about £9 overdue for a while. I explained that I was waiting on a new debit card before I would be able to pay it, but by the time I received it they had already suspended the account.

It's been about 2 years since then and I've never received a single reply via e-mail or anything. The one time I tried to contact them via phone, I got put through to a US agent, who then asked me to send a cheque to Ireland as apparently I can't pay it off over the phone ... so yeah, pretty much told them to f*** off at that point. I think I'll just open a new account with a different debit card/e-mail.

I tore a huge gash into the earth last night with tnt. (multiple loads, not just one huge block like above)

mc56.jpg

that does look awesome!

do you think Tower Defense games could come some day?? i think it would be fun. 2 teams are given 10 minutes to build their base, and at the start you get 3 sticks of TNT each. you can build all your own weapons too if you chose, or have one base and one team attacks and other defends. you could set traps, make a maze, do whatever to stall your opponents from ruining your castle. Griefers would probably have too much fun with this but i think it would be a fun game type in the future

So mad. I'm formatting my PC just to fix this god damn problem.

good luck ace :(

and Hokey that is insane, instant quarry.

guys I need help. I feel like a noob for asking but everytime i hit a sheep I get cloth blocks not rope. I have never made rope, how do I make it??

guys I need help. I feel like a noob for asking but everytime i hit a sheep I get cloth blocks not rope. I have never made rope, how do I make it??

You mean string? For bows and such? That comes from spiders. I dunno about anything else.

You mean string? For bows and such? That comes from spiders. I dunno about anything else.

so i can't kill it with a bow yet untill I stab one eh?? GGREAT! but thanks! I wish the blocks were more distinguishable or had names next to them when you highlight them

Fixed it from reinstalling win7. Now playing multi with some bros.

Fixed it from reinstalling win7. Now playing multi with some bros.

Now there is some dedication. I've become so addicted I may finally join the Minecraft Forums! But I don't know if I'm that crazy

I know how to pretty much do a lot, but have yet to make a Mine cart yet.

As broken as multi is, having so much fun.

holy shit, looks like ive missed a lot while i was gone. I logged on and it was snowing ffs, SNOWING!! :D Can someone please summarize the updates for the past month? Im too lazy to read through Notchs blog.

I have to play this game before work because if I don't I'll think about it all day long!!

holy shit, looks like ive missed a lot while i was gone. I logged on and it was snowing ffs, SNOWING!! :D Can someone please summarize the updates for the past month? Im too lazy to read through Notchs blog.

Damn, that would be a shitload of updates to list. There's a page on the minecraft wiki that shows all the updates though. Here's the link.

judging by this thread, minecraft looks pretty fun. I might try it.

What's all this about browser versions? They any good? I guess I want the alpha version right?

judging by this thread, minecraft looks pretty fun. I might try it.

What's all this about browser versions? They any good? I guess I want the alpha version right?

It's java.. the only difference between the broswer and downloaded is that you can resize the downloaded version.

(I love this since I have a big monitor, and minecraft actually looks awesome at high resolutions)

Is it just me or is the minecraft wiki down a lot?

Here's my first skin, it's supposed to be Parker from Red Faction. Seemed appropriate.
parker.png

Is it just me or is the minecraft wiki down a lot?

Here's my first skin, it's supposed to be Parker from Red Faction. Seemed appropriate.
parker.png

yes! thats a nice one, mine is:

charliebrownminecraft.jpg

I should F5 in game, it would be cooler

I had my first proper session today. Built my first storage box thing, my first torches, my first furnace and my first iron tool (a pickaxe, I only had four pieces of iron and I didn't use the last one). Died many times but I built a house near the spawn so it's all good. Can't figure out how to make arrows though (I don't have a bow yet but I still want to know how to make them). I've tried random combinations of stick, feather and iron/stone/wood but nothing seems to work and I don't want to just look it up on the wiki.

In any case, now that I have torches I should be able to dig down deeper without having to worry about not being able to see :)

I'm thinking about carrying a box with me when I'm mining so that I can plant it down near me and store the materials in it in case I get killed. Good idea y/n?

Can't figure out how to make arrows though (I don't have a bow yet but I still want to know how to make them). I've tried random combinations of stick, feather and iron/stone/wood but nothing seems to work and I don't want to just look it up on the wiki.

Instead of iron/stone/wood, you use flint now. You can get flint by smashing gravel, but it only happens occasionally.

You can also use your last ingot of iron with a flint to make a fire-starter thingy. Put them diagonally from each other and have fun with fire.

It grows more and more everyday. I can't go any further in that direction though, or i'll strike water, then i'll have to spend time patching a hole.

mc59.jpg

I had my first proper session today. Built my first storage box thing, my first torches, my first furnace and my first iron tool (a pickaxe, I only had four pieces of iron and I didn't use the last one). Died many times but I built a house near the spawn so it's all good. Can't figure out how to make arrows though (I don't have a bow yet but I still want to know how to make them). I've tried random combinations of stick, feather and iron/stone/wood but nothing seems to work and I don't want to just look it up on the wiki.

In any case, now that I have torches I should be able to dig down deeper without having to worry about not being able to see :)

I'm thinking about carrying a box with me when I'm mining so that I can plant it down near me and store the materials in it in case I get killed. Good idea y/n?

what you should do is play on pleasant for a while, build a base, gather materials, then slowly add more difficulty. its more fun that way. and also I still get scared at night in a cave away from my home

Arrows are flint over a stick over a feather, in a 1x3 block. Pretty sure iron still works in place of flint, if you're at a surplus for some reason (you could never make them with wood or stone).

I tried the browser version of this, how do I do anything other than run around and smash shit?

mc8.jpg

I love this map the most, my home base is fun I rarely leave it for more than a nights time.

Back