Minecraft = Love

I haven't found much iron lately. Got a bunch of coal. It took out my doors and windows. Kind of sucks... I have a wall right behind me and the whole thing is a cliff... I guess they just spawned out there.The whole thing is pretty nice inside and out, but the blast took out my nice front area with flowers and all. The whole platform is about 5 blocks deep at max and it's basically floating out there. Not sure what to do to keep those exploding bitches out of the way though.

So anyways, how do I find seeds exactly? I thought you just chopped up grassy ground with the hoe but it didn't give me any seeds. What do I gotta do?

For your mob problem: Build a moat! 3 blocks deep should do it. If you can, make a current going into your house so any drops from drowned monsters and animals come straight into your house.

Gardening problem: That's exactly what you have to do. Just keep scratching at the ground and eventually you'll get some seeds. Just plant them and wait.

Reminds me of Survival mod for Garry's Mod.

played the lava server for like an hour but too many grievers towards the end

For your mob problem: Build a moat! 3 blocks deep should do it. If you can, make a current going into your house so any drops from drowned monsters and animals come straight into your house.

Gardening problem: That's exactly what you have to do. Just keep scratching at the ground and eventually you'll get some seeds. Just plant them and wait.

I don't think they're getting in... There's really no way in unless they can jump up a 3 block wall straight up. I think they're spawning around it.

So I just hit the ground until it breaks and sometimes seed drops are with the dirt?
edit: time to show off
Inside...
2vjsuqe.jpg

Had to rebuild it...
2ywa6on.jpg

Here's my bed
2eakrdd.jpg

It's Magical.
k96pkx.jpg

Can you change the amount of uses a stone gives?

Plus for some reason I can't make any torches. It is one coal lump above one stick right?

The cool thing about that bedroom is that the sun rises right outside that window. I assume that would happen with any block facing that direction with an unobscured view, but I think it's cool.

God, you guys make me want to get the game.

ARGHARGHARGH.

EDIT: Yeah. I'm going to get it. In case I want it in the future. I love digging and building games. I'm a sucker for them.

Too badmy e-check will take a while to go through. Damn bank cancelling my debit card just because I don't use it... so I can't tie it to my account for instant payment.

So anyways, how do I find seeds exactly? I thought you just chopped up grassy ground with the hoe but it didn't give me any seeds. What do I gotta do?

Make sure you're right clicking dirt blocks that have grass on top with a hoe. Left clicking doesn't yield seed, rather it gets a dirt block ready for seeding.

When I'm playing the classic mode... I get this weird noise in my headphones that seems to be affected whenever I move my mouse up and down, left and right. It's kind of this whining sound.

Even with my volume down all the way, it still does it. It only does it in that window, when the game is active, too.

I don't understand it.

Any idea what this could be? Something to do with java? Why would it make these distinct sounds in my headphones even with my computer volume off. When I look up at the sky, it's higher pitched, when I look straight down, it's higher pitched... it kind of settles off when I look towards the horizon.

EDIT: Fixed it. I limit my framerate and it fixes it.

Does HL2.net have a server at all? Would like to create some stuff that doesn't include giant swastika's or penis's.

God, you guys make me want to get the game.

ARGHARGHARGH.

EDIT: Yeah. I'm going to get it. In case I want it in the future. I love digging and building games. I'm a sucker for them.

Too badmy e-check will take a while to go through. Damn bank cancelling my debit card just because I don't use it... so I can't tie it to my account for instant payment.

What kind of bank does that? Why don't you use your debit card? I use mine pretty much all the damn time.

I've left clicked like a thousand grass blocks... I feel stupid now. How does it get the dirt ready? It just breaks it for me...

I've left clicked like a thousand grass blocks... I feel stupid now. How does it get the dirt ready? It just breaks it for me...

I believe you only left click a dirt square one time. Then it will look "hoed". Then after time, if it's adjacent to water, it will look hoed, but turn a bit darker in color. Then it's fit to be seeded.

You're supposed to right click, silly goose.

What kind of bank does that? Why don't you use your debit card? I use mine pretty much all the damn time.

For the longest time I didn't have any money in my account. No depositing, no withdrawing.

I've been screwing around with the minecraft classic until I can get the full version in three or so days.

Some retarded thing I was working on. God is it time consuming to build these things. Especially since I decided to completely change the face of it like twice. lol

20100802141130clipboard.png

20100802141533clipboard.png

Cool stuff man. In the real version it takes forever to gather obsidian. (those black blocks). On top of that, you can only use a diamond pickaxe to get it.

Next level of my tower will go through the clouds. :D

mc42.jpg

So how's the water thing work? I get a bucket of water and dig a hole, pour it in, and I get a garden? If I make a ramp can I make it go down hill? Does the water keep going or will it run down and disappear?

Once you make a water source, it's infinitely flowing. Though, it'll only keep streaming if it's going down a slope, since the stream dies after a few blocks. You could just dump it anywhere to test it out. Right click the source block to pick it back up.

Oh damn, I'm watching youtube videos of minecraft. There's logic stuff you can do, like for traps and such? :eek:

yep, stuff that I don't even mess with D;

Sweet.

I've been watching this series of videos... to try and get a feel for the survival mode before I actually get the game. Mainly because I'm bored and I want time to pass.

He has lots of these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceI4gt-Fz2w&feature=related

Though this guy does talk a hell of a lot. You either like it or you don't. I like it.

Why didn't you record your sexy voice?

Oh. That's not yours then.

What's happening with that first cannon video? I hardly get any of it. What's that black powder he's putting on stuff? What's it do? Why's the TNT falling down? What's the water have to do with any of it?

What's happening with that first cannon video? I hardly get any of it. What's that black powder he's putting on stuff? What's it do? Why's the TNT falling down? What's the water have to do with any of it?

From my understanding from the videos I've been watching, the water causes the TNT to not damage the surroundings, but still causes the shockwave. That way the cannon doesn't destroy itself, and can be reused.

The powder stuff is redstone dust or whatever it's called, which are used like wires, for logic gates and such. Basically primitive programming.

I am not sure what's causing the TNT to drop down, if there's already one below it, however.

I found some of that redstone in one of my giant deep tunnels. Didn't know what to do with it. I've only found one cavern so far and it was fairly empty except for a little iron. I keep making tunnels hoping to find more but I'm failing pretty hardcore. I started on a greenhouse for my garden but I pretty much have no way to harvest my crops until they're all full grown since there's only one door and... for some reason... I made it go straight into the stream I made...

My current bottomless pit progress..

shaftm.jpg

Once I hit bedroock, i'm going to divide each floor into seperate rooms and then see how high I can build it.

I am going crazy here waiting for my damn paypal e-check to clear... my bank already took out my money, but supposedly paypal isn't going to do shit with it until the fifth.

God dammit. I want to play this.

What are you planning to do with that bottomless pit? Trap?

Once I reach the bottom i'll turn it into an underground hideout with (depending on the material) lava heated floors. The top layers will become the foundation's for my sky fortress!

What do lava heated floors benefit you with? In Dwarf Fortress they're for Magma Forges, instead of burning conventional fuels to get the heat to do your forging.

Or is it just an aesthetic/mental thing?

You can use lava to make obsidian (strongest building material in the game) OR, i've seen people people make their fortress walls out of lava completely

Since the enemies cant dig down, it's funny

You can use lava to make obsidian (strongest building material in the game) OR, i've seen people people make their fortress walls out of lava completely

Since the enemies cant dig down, it's funny

In all the videos I've been watching, I haven't yet seen anything about digging enemies.

This frightens me.

Been going back into my main world.

Only gone into one cave, but its been a HUGE success so far. After hours of searching through random tunnels and stumbling across veins of iron ore and coal, I finally reached the bottom of the cave. Most of the floor is covered in lava, but the area is rich with all sorts of metals! Found tons of redstone, some gold and even a few diamonds! I was even lucky enough to spot another dungeon containing the elusive (yet useless) saddle.

Yeah I found my first dungeon last night, had a spider spawner, 2 saddles and some iron/wheat.

The thing I love most about these Let's Play videos I've been watching, are the caves. The complex natural cave systems fascinate me. I was watching this one, where this guy was outside exploring and he came across this insanely deep vertical shaft that a single torch at the top could not reveal what lay below.

I wanted to explore the shit out of it!

And when you go down into a cave that feeds into another and another... and maybe a tiny bit of digging opens up another monster cavern, it's just sort of awe inspiring.

That and the infinite world are fantastic. I haven't even played the game yet.

Speaking of infinite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NszGurDUlHc

From my understanding from the videos I've been watching, the water causes the TNT to not damage the surroundings, but still causes the shockwave. That way the cannon doesn't destroy itself, and can be reused.

The powder stuff is redstone dust or whatever it's called, which are used like wires, for logic gates and such. Basically primitive programming.

I am not sure what's causing the TNT to drop down, if there's already one below it, however.
Pretty spot on. The redstone activates anything it's connected to, including things alondside it and (I think) one block above/below, so any TNT you jam in there will be activated when you trigger the switch (this also works on things like doors, handy if you don't want to close them every time you get home - placing a switch directly next to it means you don't even need redstone).

As for the TNT falling, that's just a game mechanic/bug people take advantage of. TNT behaves like any other normal block when you place it, ie - it will stay in place even if you remove all connecting blocks, but as soon as you activate it it becomes like sand or gravel and is affected by gravity. This is also what makes propelling the "cannonball" possible, obviously. :p

(Oh, and that second video probably had godmode enabled. Don't try this at home, kids!)

In all the videos I've been watching, I haven't yet seen anything about digging enemies.

This frightens me.
There aren't, unless you count creepers exploding. He's probably talking about people preparing for survival multiplayer or something.

Speaking of which, a buggy version is in with the latest patch! Seems like you have to manually enter an IP, so post here if you know of a good server we can meet up on and make crazy contraptions. :D

Edit: Hmm, disregard that, apparently it's not ready yet? Help I'm not good with computer

Back