Minecraft = Love

Was playing on a multiplayer server and I made this.

face1h.jpg

face2a.jpg

face3t.jpg

How'd you make those stairs out of all pressure plates? When I try to stack something on a pressure plate block it floats above it to where the standard block top would be...

How'd you make those stairs out of all pressure plates? When I try to stack something on a pressure plate block it floats above it to where the standard block top would be...

Those aren't pressure plates. They're half steps.

Yeah the 3 stone across the bottom? Well whatever I couldn't get them to stack like that :( Maybe I just broke it.

On your work station thing (3x3), make a combo like this

cobblestone = x

o o x
o x x
x x x

Yeah. I prefer stairs over half steps, but I don't think stairs work in survival multiplayer right now, or something.

I think i can screw around in the minecraft.jar and either delete the cave noises or turn them into other sounds.

switching to headcrab sounds = win

reskinning slimes to look like headcrabs = epic win

Yeah. I prefer stairs over half steps, but I don't think stairs work in survival multiplayer right now, or something.

They work, I figured out a fix. They won't align while you're still in the area.. as in, the place they're in can't be loaded and rendered on your PC. If it's just data, it'll align on its own. Same with tracks.

Actually, an easier fix for stairs in multiplayer is to shove a torch nearby. Something to do with the game recalculating the lightmap, it realigns the stairs at the same time. Might work for tracks, not sure.

Speaking of multiplayer contraptions! (Not mine, I'm not quite this insane)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EMRbucCLu0

Make custom creeper skin

Go into SMP server

Spawn 64 tnts

???

Profit!

Lemme clarify: Definitely NOT me. I sorta have this thing called a job and social life.

Wait, who I am kidding. But this is still not me. I ain't got these skillz.

TvkCU.png

It was someone else's server, he'd just imported the map into solo so he could use the carts (still bugged in multi I think).

Pretty sure the guy used inventory hacks to get all the materials, but even so it's pretty mind blowing. Even more so when you notice it's made of mostly half-blocks. D:

My circles never come out that good.

Make a perfect circle in paint with the pencil and use that as a blueprint.

At first I thought it was just a free roam building thing but then I noticed all the crap in his inventory and I'm assuming he actually dug all that and build it... that's crazy.

edit: That arrow thing is cool even though I don't know how it was made.

Can't wait for PvP in multiplayer, gonna implement that.

4.5k posts.. How many pages would that make with standard page viewing settings?

4.5k posts.. How many pages would that make with standard page viewing settings?

300 pages.

Anyway here's a stupid little video of the thing I was working on on that one SMP server.

I don't really want to do anything more, because it's like... what's the point, these guys i'm not going to be playing with. I want to build shit on a hl2.net server.

There is 1080p resolution btw. But really it's nothing interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J35VaX0i4Z4

The thing is with an HL2.net server, I would want it to be done in a proper way. I mean, sure we could have one of us host the server on our computer, on our bandwidth and stuff, but then we'd run into conflicts where the server has to be shut down for whatever reason.

Maybe we could look into renting a server of sorts... but that might be a little too ridiculously expensive.

Not quite sure what we could do to get our own HL2.net server that was private, persistent, and reliable.

Well, we can make a HL2.net server easily on Creative mode, but for Survival we'd have to find a way.

EDIT: Okay found the details of making a Survival Server. LINK

I'll look into hosting a Survival server on an extra computer, and will post details if I get it running consistently.

Maybe I could host a server?

myconnection.png

If you guys were to actually host a server... we'd want to make sure whoever is hosting

a. can afford the electricity required to keep their computer on for long periods of time.
b. can keep their computer on for long periods of time, preferably 24/7

How the ****, Hokey?

they gave Hokey a rating of 4.3/5?? its more like 10/5 in my book. I'm lucky to get 3.5Mb/s

Yeah, the server would need to be running 24/7 and as smooth as possible. Also- we should only give the IP to trusted HL2netters, via PM or Steam.

Yes. We'd need to keep strict, and I mean STRICT control of who we allow into the server. Which means of course only giving it to hl2.netters we trust. Which hopefully would be all of us. I mean, if you're being a dick, we know where to find you. Also... might have some sort of structure in place for allowing CLOSE friends or family of hl2.netters in... but with the requirement that they declare who they share the information with, for sake of holding individuals responsible.

Back