Miscellaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke my alliance with Oceania, nuking Airstrip One, killing 9.4 million, before switching my silo's to Anti Air(nuke's, when they're yours are great, but are slightly more troublesome when they're you're enemy's), and formed a new alliance with Eastasia, while secretly moving submarines'to it's coast, in preparation for me double crossing them, sending a wave nukes to it's most populated cities, before declaring my loyalty to Oceania, and moving Fortresses' to their waters, where they will meet the force of ten bombers', launching nukes at all major cities, silos, airbases, and radars, and afterwards, I will switch sides to Eastasia...

I gotta call up work and tell them why ive been away since new year's with no notification, this is gonna suck, hope they havent fired me...

And ive got 4 2000 word essays to have done by the 25th...and i have no clue where to start *cries*

Yeah its not much to write, but when you dont know WHAT to write, its uber hard man...

I think I may have acute Hyperhidrosis of the hands.

You're lucky. I have ugly Hyperhidrosis of the hands. Nobody wants to give me high fives.

:( Bad luck.

My hands just seem to be in a clammy state about 50% of the time, not so much that's it dripping, just so much that they are moist.

Look at it this way, now your hands have something in common with fresh cake.
How many people can say that? Not many.

Look at it this way, now your hands have something in common with fresh cake.
How many people can say that? Not many.

I feel ever so special.

Had a cold for a few days, found out that drinking straight bourbon burns that flem off the chest right nicely :D

video games are an art form, but if they're any too things that should never be mixed together it's capitalism and art, and right from the begining and evidently right now ****ing video games are an art form that needs to be fueled by cash and everyone just gets greedy and makes sequels to rake in more of your money, no one will ever really care for video games as art because all of the founders and all time greats were just greedy ******s. and the nest picasso will never make one of his great works a video game because he's probably going to be as ignorant as everyone else and be so blind that he won't see any potential in the medium at all because all the founding fathers were executives in the McDonalds coroporation. dont know what this has to do with anything but ****.

edit: don't beleive me think about what music would be like if it was invented by 50 cent or Eminem, Beethoven would have been a painter.

Valve seem to have gone capitalist, yes. And they have managed just well. Follow the ratings and reviews, they'll rake in your cash cuz that's what they deserve for a game well made.

Yes video games are an an art form, and yes, with the evolution of ubermicro I think there will inevitably be competition among the three primary consoles (and PCs).

Ignorance exists everywhere, and not only as bliss.

Honestly, in my own view, few people take in consideration that games are art in every way, from the design of the levels to the music and characters. Some games are shitty obviously.

Painting is as overrated as you want to make it seem. There is still a hell of a lot of potential in painting but I hardly see, in my own ignorant mind, that someone greater than a Picasso will re-emerge. What for? His paintings have survived through time and that is what truly matters. Beethoven could indeed have been a painter, but I don't think that's what matters. His art, his legacy have truly influenced classical music (which is a thing of the past in itself).

I paint for monies (barely learning) and my teacher is great at his task. He sells portraits for $250. That is saying that paintings are still very well valued, especially by those who like paintings hanging in their homes.

Anywho, don't fret if it seems like gaming is a money-making machine today. There will always be a huge selection of games for you to play. Money is free, life is expensive.

Finished reading the Colour of Magic. Pratchett's brilliant, but I have noticed certain flaws...

Anyone else here not well at the moment? I've got a bad cold and feel like shit. I can't be the only one here who's not well atm.

I'm getting over my cold now so I'll be back in college tomorrow. Had a final day off with it today because my throat was still sore (still is atm actually), my ears were still aching (that's easing off now), and my nose was still partially runny, partially blocked, so all in all, still not very well.

I can't seem to get colds, even if I sleep in the street naked (and yes, I have done something similar)

Valve seem to have gone capitalist, yes. And they have managed just well. Follow the ratings and reviews, they'll rake in your cash cuz that's what they deserve for a game well made.

Yes video games are an an art form, and yes, with the evolution of ubermicro I think there will inevitably be competition among the three primary consoles (and PCs).

Ignorance exists everywhere, and not only as bliss.

Honestly, in my own view, few people take in consideration that games are art in every way, from the design of the levels to the music and characters. Some games are shitty obviously.

Painting is as overrated as you want to make it seem. There is still a hell of a lot of potential in painting but I hardly see, in my own ignorant mind, that someone greater than a Picasso will re-emerge. What for? His paintings have survived through time and that is what truly matters. Beethoven could indeed have been a painter, but I don't think that's what matters. His art, his legacy have truly influenced classical music (which is a thing of the past in itself).

I paint for monies (barely learning) and my teacher is great at his task. He sells portraits for $250. That is saying that paintings are still very well valued, especially by those who like paintings hanging in their homes.

Anywho, don't fret if it seems like gaming is a money-making machine today. There will always be a huge selection of games for you to play. Money is free, life is expensive.

Mine was an ignorant semi drunk post. :eek:

My D drive (which had ALL of my shit on it) died, and now I'm waiting for my new SATA drive to arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Not sure if many of you have heard of Mark Speight, the TV presenter (he used to do the children's art program on CBBC, SMart), but i found out today that he has been found dead. The body still hasn't been formally identified yet, but it is in all probability him.

The family of BBC presenter Mark Speight will today formally identify his body, which was found yesterday in a London railway station.

The 42-year-old disappeared six days ago following the inquest into the death of his fiancee Natasha Collins.

Ms Collins (31), was found dead on January 3rd in the bath of the north-west London flat she shared with Speight after taking cocaine and sleeping tablets.

Speight was briefly held on suspicion of her murder before detectives "cancelled" his arrest and said he was not a suspect.

Speight?s body was found in a remote area of Paddington railway station in west London yesterday morning.

The circumstances of Speight?s death are being investigated, but police confirmed he was not hit by a train.

Detectives will examine CCTV footage from the station and said they are treating the death as unexplained.

Found this on the BBC News website. I can't believe it; he was always one of my favourite presenters and it's so sad what happened. ;(

Not sure if many of you have heard of Mark Speight, the TV presenter (he used to do the children's art program on CBBC, SMart), but i found out today that he has been found dead. The bosy still hasn't been formally identified yet, but it is in all probability him.

Found this on the BBC News website. I can't believe it; he was always one of my favourite presenters and it's so sad what happened. ;(

****! No way :( I used to love that guy on Smart ;(

Finished reading the Colour of Magic. Pratchett's brilliant, but I have noticed certain flaws...
TBH I think the first 3 discworld books (Colour of Magic, Light Fantastic, Equal Rites) are among the poorer of the series (that said, they're are very good books). I recommend the Death, Watch and Witches books, in that order. Also, try to read the books that focus on a certain character/certain characters in the order they were written. You can pick up any one and understand the plot without having read the others, but you won't get all the character development. The Sam Vimes in Thud! is much different from the Sam Vimes in Guards! Guards!

I totally renamed a dog today.

Have fun trying to get Mac's attention when he thinks his name Jimminy dog owner!:devil::LOL::devil::LOL::devil:

I've just discovered that what i quoted before wasn't from the BBC website. It was actually the Irish Times. i clicked on a link to it from Google.
This is the BBC article:

TV presenter Mark Speight was found hanging on the roof of a building next to Paddington railway station, British Transport Police have said.

Station staff found the 42-year-old's body hanging from the roof of MacMillan House in west London on Sunday morning.

The body, which has yet to be formally identified, was out of public view.

TBH I think the first 3 discworld books (Colour of Magic, Light Fantastic, Equal Rites) are among the poorer of the series (that said, they're are very good books). I recommend the Death, Watch and Witches books, in that order. Also, try to read the books that focus on a certain character/certain characters in the order they were written. You can pick up any one and understand the plot without having read the others, but you won't get all the character development. The Sam Vimes in Thud! is much different from the Sam Vimes in Guards! Guards!

That's pretty much how I was going to read them, though I was gonna start with the City Watch books, and I'm still going to read The Light Fantastic.

I also have to finish the Wheel of Time before I seriously get into Discworld.

I'll never read Terry Pratchet.

The only people I know who have are very weird.

Just read the first GTA review, and found out that Kevin Levine is developing a new XCOM game!!!

And there is hockey on tonight.

Today, my friends, is a good day.

EDIT: Woah post #1111...

I'll never read Terry Pratchet.

The only people I know who have are very weird.

I used to love the Discworld books, but I'm a bit 'meh' about them now... After you've read a few they all seem to end up going the same way. And yes, the only person I know who still absolutely loves them is very weird. Coincidence?

It's probably the books that have driven them mad. Seriously, even when using blatant plot devices, Pratchett still manages to make his stuff entertaining, in a slightly insane way.

So my boss called me in yesterday to settle a thing or two in the office, and he was sick, and I wake up this morning with a scratchy tingle in my throat that is now full blown AIDS.

Ok maybe not AIDS, but I know I am going to be feeling like shit tomorrow and it's his fault..

I need to lie down..

This thread really should be stickied, its great to just say random stuff that doesnt deserve a thread.

I have a bunch of work due this week, not to mention studying. D:
I'll be able to relax by the weekend though.

im supposed to get baked and go out to eat somewhere...i cant get a hold of my one friend and my other friend claims that his mom made some big dinner but he still might be down...which means no..

this day sucks

I just found this hilarious photo on Flickr.
He's so AWESOME!

2414932206_30e02b1883.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back