Miscellaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for being random or anything, but I think stern has something against me. He kind of flogged me down in my post on my mental condition, and he flogged me down again in the politics forum. He's been a bit ignorant in my posts before these as well. Maybe, I'm thinking too much.
It's a conspirastern!
In other news, I've finished my (difficult) assignments! WOOO, only got one more to give in on Monday and then I'm home free.

I'm also trying to create a comments box on my website. I know how to do forms and save them to a .asp file, but for the life of me can't find how to get html to "read" the file and display them on a website.

sorry for being random or anything, but I think stern has something against me. He kind of flogged me down in my post on my mental condition, and he flogged me down again in the politics forum. He's been a bit ignorant in my posts before these as well. Maybe, I'm thinking too much.

No, thats just Stern. You're just taking him too personal. Pretty much every time he posts, its to get a rise out of someone so he can argue with them. Arguing on the internet is sustenance to Stern.

Sterns an Israeli double agent, now working for the CIA.

He's rifling through your trash.
He's ****ing your girlfriend.
He's watching you take a shit.

They never contacted me back to properly set it up. Now I'll have to email them, which is annoying because I honestly can't tell if (1) it was just a trick; (2) this is a test; (3) they just suck at following up on their offers.

Companies don't call back, well few do but as an important rule you getting hired depends on you. Call, email, or go by the office but do not, do not just wait for them to contact you.

Companies don't call back, well few do but as an important rule you getting hired depends on you. Call, email, or go by the office but do not, do not just wait for them to contact you.

Aye, good advice. Thanks for that. From my experience, yeah, companies don't call back... but nobody's ever told me that was typical, so I've always thought it was something wrong with me. But the folks I'm interviewing with just emailed me today, so all is well.

Another strange thing -- I usually do better in interviews with middle-aged/older female interviewers who just like to chat with you about nothing in general and don't go with the typical interview format. I don't know what it is about young recruiters from large corporations, but I have a hard time talking to them. Something about their general vibe of being company/career-advancement focused is really off-putting. Actually, I find the typical interview format (tell me about a time you showed leadership -- in the format of Situation/Task, Action, Results) off-putting. It just feels very much like a whole lot of BS, where your answer should be so canned that it fits in a four-letter acronym. But that might just be a sign that I wouldn't enjoy working in a large corporation anyways.

Companies not calling back is a crock of shit. 9/10 they explicitly tell you that they'll contact you even if you fail - and then two weeks later you chase them up only to find out they didn't bother hiring ANYONE in the end.

I can't find any work!

You and me both braw. My "test" employment ends in May... And they wont be able to keep me and some other guys. Im looking for a new one. But no luck yet.

*sigh*

I will no longer be the carpenter.

I've got my resume out at like 9 companies right now, I've had 3 interviews in the past 2 weeks, and I've got another on sunday.

I just need some freaking money. It's so close to summer that right now, whoever offers me a job first gets me. I mean anything/hr is better than $0.00/hr.

A friend of mine is getting published in Ballistic's new Elemental 3, a book that publishes all the best artwork that is made using Autodesk software (maya, 3DSMax, mudbox etc). Its a pretty amazing accomplishment to get published right out of school. Heres what they're publishing:

256752_1202841852_large.jpg

Dr Slug's blog, entry #7,

I am about to embark on an expedition to one place where no sane man has gone before - I shall soon go to the jungles of the Politics district. All that our Benefactors have been able to provide will be made use of, but we can never be sure when sending someone to the Politics district. I am leaving this entry here, because there is a serious chance I may get lost during my journey, and not much of a chance that I shall survive afterwards. I bid you farewell, gentlemen.

I've been reading this crazy book that's on display in our school library called Girlology... it talks all about how girls should deal with life and sexual problems.
It's serious, but at the same time insanely funny

"There are guys out there who put you before themselves..."
Total bullshit.

aw man. Today, I took a tour of the chicken processing plant where I'll be working. When I arrived at the plant, I nearly threw up. The smell of chicken shit and death is the single most horrible smell I have ever experienced. Unfortunately, I have to walk through a warehouse full of guts and entrails to get to where I'll be working. Luckily, I'll be working with eviscerated and cleaned chickens. Basically, the stuff you see in the supermarket. I have to hang 46 chickens per minute, by the knob on their leg, for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week.

On the way home, I drove through a mile of that chicken shit smell again, and it took me about an hour to recover. I thought I was actually going to puke.

I don't know if I'll be able to stay at this job long. Besides being grotesque, one guy said he got tendinitis in both wrists doing what I'll be doing.

A friend of mine is getting published in Ballistic's new Elemental 3, a book that publishes all the best artwork that is made using Autodesk software (maya, 3DSMax, mudbox etc). Its a pretty amazing accomplishment to get published right out of school. Heres what they're publishing:

Awesome dude! Now to get your stuff published!

aw man. Today, I took a tour of the chicken processing plant where I'll be working. When I arrived at the plant, I nearly threw up. The smell of chicken shit and death is the single most horrible smell I have ever experienced. Unfortunately, I have to walk through a warehouse full of guts and entrails to get to where I'll be working. Luckily, I'll be working with eviscerated and cleaned chickens. Basically, the stuff you see in the supermarket. I have to hang 46 chickens per minute, by the knob on their leg, for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week.

On the way home, I drove through a mile of that chicken shit smell again, and it took me about an hour to recover. I thought I was actually going to puke.

I don't know if I'll be able to stay at this job long. Besides being grotesque, one guy said he got tendinitis in both wrists doing what I'll be doing.

That sounds absolutely horrifying.

I've been very productive this week; I signed up for all the courses I wanna take next semester, I decided not to take the grammar test, I finished an albeit short essay and I finished the 1st and 2nd draft of a really cool short story I've been working on for the past few weeks. Next week, I'm gonna see if I can have sex with something.

I've been very productive this week; I signed up for all the courses I wanna take next semester, I decided not to take the grammar test, I finished an albeit short essay and I finished the 1st and 2nd draft of a really cool short story I've been working on for the past few weeks. Next week, I'm gonna see if I can have sex with something.

Plunge your penis into a open-topped square box filled with plaster of paris, once it's hardened withdraw, then using sandpaper file the hole to enlarge it. Then coat the whole thing in layers of latex masking fluid, which you can get at any art store. Do about 20 - 30 layers.
Pour some lube in, put it on a towel, and you're away.

Actually, I find the typical interview format (tell me about a time you showed leadership -- in the format of Situation/Task, Action, Results) off-putting. It just feels very much like a whole lot of BS, where your answer should be so canned that it fits in a four-letter acronym.
Oh tell me about it. I despise any 'What made you apply for this position' type questions for the simple reason that 'MONEY FFS!' is the first thing that enters my mind and must be held at bay whilst my mouth errs and my eyes glaze over, as I call upon my years as a Literature student to be able to unleash the Bullshit Beast within.

4chan meme.

desu is sort of the japanese word for is/am/are

There's a character in some anime who says desu all the time, I believe that's how it started.

Go ask darkside though, I'm not exactly an expert on 4chan.

S-E-X I really want it... S-E-X I'm gonna get it... S-E-X I think I found it!

That sounds absolutely horrifying.

Yeah.

The guy said I'll be handling them 9 minutes after their death. That is how long it takes to chop their heads off, rip out their feathers, rip out their guts, rinse the blood off, and send them down the chute for me.

This is going to be the worst job I've ever had. However, it pays OK.

But... why?
desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu
desu.jpg

^_^

FOR GOD'S SAKE KINETIC IT'S LIKE ASKING WHY ARE LONGCATS LONG, IT JUST ****ING IS, LEAVE IT AT THAT.

caps

Is having two different color eyes cool or what? It's like banging sisters, depending on which side you are looking at.

BTW she looks like an alien.

Her eyes are huge, but her mouth is the size of a straw. LOL It looks like her giant ****ing head would just break off that tiny neck and slide off, like a melting iceberg.

There's an Encylopedia Drammatica article on the subject of desu but... that place is like the lawless west of the Internet, and I want to forget that it exists now.

Encyclopedia Dramatica is one of the least funny sites I've ever encountered.

Shit, it's from Rozen Maiden? I guess I should finish watching that...

Playing Demoman with a friendly Pyro, about 3 Heavies, 2 Medics, a Spy and a Pyro in the staircase of our spawn point. We held them down until four more friendly Pyros came in and wasted them all. The Medic wasted an Uber on the other Medic. I lol'd and then I pooped a little. I love how awesome TF2 can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back