Miscellaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you're an open minded person?

Your brains might just fall out..

Ha, fantastic!

Lol i got criminology 2moz morning at 7, but i don't like my chances of getting up due to the fact that it's 12 now :(

got stuff to do

stoprighttherecriminalsab1.png
Stop right there criminal scum!

The bits in bold are necessary and overwritten. Saying, 'it shall be noted' communicates nothing and is poor English.

I don't really think the 'entirely fictional...' bit is necessary either. If you were writing a legal document then perhaps, but not in a law essay.

The whole paragraph could be rewrote as:

The fictional example, figure 1, shows how this theory may tie in with the illegal actions of a juvenile.

My version communicates exactly the same thing but isn't unnecessarily dressed up.

The rest is fine.

Agree, it is a bit formal i've changed a good number of the essay now :)

srsly tho, cheers

Solaris and Virus big help veddy veddy good! Big thanks in order! :D

...THANKS!!!

stoprighttherecriminalsab1.png
Stop right there criminal scum!

*Stops walking and trips over* que pasa??? no sono espaniol!

Yes, but it seems the system is too smart for that. I did feel a goatse, though.

The bits in bold are necessary and overwritten. Saying, 'it shall be noted' communicates nothing and is poor English.
[....]
My version communicates exactly the same thing but isn't unnecessarily dressed up.
It is not a mistake when writing papers to overwrite a little bit. It's silly to go nuts with it unless you have a good reason to, but papers ARE about demonstrating your command of language in addition to making an argument/point, so it's not necessary to reduce the paper to its minimal informative structure. A bit of overwriting is good as long as it's done well and in moderation.
*Stops walking and trips over* que pasa??? no sono espaniol!
Clearly, since "sono" is the Italian first-person conjugation of "to be", the Spanish equivalent is "soy".

edit: ohshi-

double post D: isn't that sort of the mod equivalent of dividing by zero?

I am going to change my avatar. Taking suggestions.

It is not a mistake when writing papers to overwrite a little bit. It's silly to go nuts with it unless you have a good reason to, but papers ARE about demonstrating your command of language in addition to making an argument/point, so it's not necessary to reduce the paper to its minimal informative structure. A bit of overwriting is good as long as it's done well and in moderation.
I'd disagree; people often use phrases such as "it should be recognised that" and "it is my opinion that" to give examples. These phrases communicate nothing and are wholly unnecessary. It doesn't show good command of a language because it is just using stock phrases, usually to cover up the fact that the author actually has very little to say.

I am not, by the way making these accusations at Koola Mena.

Hmm. Do I go to sleep, or suffer through the day?

YOU DECIDE, THUGLYFE2.NET

Hmm. Do I go to sleep, or suffer through the day?

YOU DECIDE, THUGLYFE2.NET

Man. DO NOT go to sleep if you're going to sleep like I just did.

I was watching some weird Japanese show, and prior to that I was doing a bunch of math.

So I had a dream that I was doing some Japanese math stuff, and I wasn't entirely asleep but I also wasn't really conscious. I was doing these calculations and nothing was working out for me, I couldn't solve any of it. I couldn't get my mind to stop dreaming about it either, and focus on something else, even when I woke up and tried to get back to sleep.

Dreams where you try to accomplish logical things(that are often completely illogical due to it being fake compared to the real world) are the worst kind. You get no rest.

I had my last day in secondary school today.

I cried. A lot xD

My last day of high school is tomorrow. I'm impartial right now. We'll see.

I didn't even think about shedding a tear the day I walked out of high school for the last time as a student there... as a matter of fact, I seem to remember shrieking gleefully. Haven't looked back since.

Bad Hat, go to sleep.

Currently messing with new Starcraft avatars, I need to get it so they animate though.

Yeah, the problem is that resizing them in photoshop also kills the animation.

Could someone a bit better with animated stuff resize these to 50x50 for me and retain animation?

artanis.gif

probe.gif

wraith.gif

Also taking opinions on which of those three is the best.

the last one. no question about it Ennui

/thinks about avatar GET

/looks at mod status

/leaves quietly

That's what I was thinking, but I feel like someone else had that as an avatar at one point (or maybe still does) and I like the idea of having a probe as my avvie a lot :p

That's what I was thinking, but I feel like someone else had that as an avatar at one point (or maybe still does) and I like the idea of having a probe as my avvie a lot :p

never saw anyone with it.

it adds a human element . character.

i want to **** around with my av but I dunno.

black avatar is black.

I had psycho mantis for a while.

Yeah, the problem is that resizing them in photoshop also kills the animation.

Could someone a bit better with animated stuff resize these to 50x50 for me and retain animation?

artanis.gif

probe.gif

wraith.gif

Also taking opinions on which of those three is the best.

Here you go.

artanissu4.gif

probegi1.gif

wraithim3.gif

It's kind of weird on the last one, how that streak doesn't look red anymore. All I did was resize them.

I like the first one best by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back