+++++New Movie+++++

Dagobert

Reaction score
18:02 Arrival of daily post in the office inevitably results in a major scrap as everyone leaps upon it in frenzy in a quest to get first dibs on freebies.
Today was little different - we'll show you the scars sometime - until that is we were stopped cold by a mysterious package that, after a bit of fondling, we were certain contained a CD (We're still holding out for naked ladies. One day). We could have spent seconds pondering, but unanimously decided in a micro-moment to "sod that" and ripped the thing open...

And we almost had a group cardiac arrest. Seeing the words "Half-Life 2" and "Preview" and a silhouette of one Gordon Freeman, we leaped up and down with excitement - "It's preview code!" one cried out in ecstasy, spraying spittle and waving arms around in anapoplectic manner. Then, like an odd moment of calm in a storming sea, a slightly more observant onlooker pointed out the word "Trailer" under "Preview". D'oh.

Not to be deterred, disc was shoved into CD drive and the crew sat back to observe hi-res footage - a decent portion of which, until today, hadn't been released - of the world's greatest PC first-person shooter. OK, so we'd seen it all before via shaky-cam footage from E3, but here it was unfolding before our eyes in perfect clear-o-vision! "Well wicked!", as Ali G would say.

Yep, it's awesome stuff to be sure; and even though we've watched E3 shaky-cam footage at least a thousand times, we still got a shiver down our spines. We've said it numerous times before, and we'll quite happily say it again: Half-Life 2 looks utterly, utterly amazing. We think there might just be a few other people who would agree.

Download our exclusive footage by hitting the link below. Then sit back, relax, and observe in motion the greatest game of all time.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=96456

Super slow servers. Somone needs to mirror it

I'll start downloading now...

EDIT: DAAAAAAAMN! Their servers SUCKS!

dling, 2 mins to go
Somone give me FTP to upload too, I'm on a T1

.....this isn't new if you seen the E3 footage...

Bit Torrent Please!!!

I'll make one if I get it, I can seed 200k/s.

However, I doubt this'll be all new stuff, probably the high res binks we've seen already...

"It's preview code!" one cried out in ecstasy, spraying spittle and waving arms around in anapoplectic manner.

ROFL! :d:d:d
hopefully this has some AWESOME footage. time will tell.

and DAMNIT if anyone gets Adams new techdemo map send it my way, fileplanet hates me: [email protected]

Yeah , it needs to get out there like on fileplanet/fileshack.

1 min to go. Still need an FTP - I'm not using Bit Torrent

I'm downloading from fast server.

Originally posted by Frank
I'll start downloading now...

EDIT: DAAAAAAAMN! Their servers SUCKS!

Did you ever even get a download dialog box to save it off?

Originally posted by hl2_mods
Did you ever even get a download dialog box to save it off?

Yeah and I'm downloading with 1017byte/sec

OK

Has the buggy scene in direct-feed and the second half of Strider. Otherwise we've seen it all.

God damn, this topic is growing faster than my toenails!

that "spitcodfry trip to valve" thing has 27 pages (with the 40 posts a page) and it only had 4 when i went to bed at 11 last night, now THATs fast.

>Link please

Link is in the very first post...!

I'll download when I get home and mirrors are up. Can't wait.

12 days away, folks.

Originally posted by sharp
Guys... It's old footage... all that panic about nothing :/

Crap! *presses cancel and goes into kitchen to make scramble eggs*

It's the CVG fast server. Paid £1 through my mobile telephone credit to get the fast download.

Try to post only if you have something substantial to say, not just "i am still waiting" or "lol" or "nothing has happened yet" or "MIRROR IT GO GO GO". Thank you.

dagobert check your pm or reach me in quakenet (nick is reiveni)

Those bastards at CVG probably have the bink files, and they upload a WMV? Grrr. Good job there's other things I want to download too otherwise I'd have wasted a pound.

Yeah the full bink files would be nice...how is a 30 mb file with only parts of each of the videos better than the e3 videos we already have?

""It's better than sex," remarked one onlooker" :LOL:

Back