New Videos.. When!!!

* Noone knows when the videos will come.

* Noone knows if the Gabe emails are true.

* But there IS proof of such things in Steam. There is a "HL2 Media" Game entry along with a little HL2 icon.

Since the 3rd point is true, we can assume that the Gabe emails are true and videos will come soon.

SO STOP ASKING WHEN. YOU WILL KNOW. EVERYONE REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM WILL FREAK OUT AND ALL POST AT ONCE.

Originally posted by Slash

* But there IS proof of such things in Steam. There is a "HL2 Media" Game entry along with a little HL2 icon.

Since the 3rd point is true, we can assume that the Gabe emails are true and videos will come soon.

SO STOP ASKING WHEN. YOU WILL KNOW. EVERYONE REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM WILL FREAK OUT AND ALL POST AT ONCE.

I don't see a hl2 icon in Steam.. So how do you know if it's true :>

Originally posted by Slash

Here is an email Gabe sent me yesterday:

The E3 movies will release in the next day or so.

If you think I'm making that up then you can ask for yourself. But yes, this thread is getting annoying fast.

Really speciall.. I don't think the videos will be out this night.. It's almost 2 here :/

Originally posted by geeK
I don't see a hl2 icon in Steam.. So how do you know if it's true :>

well its not in steam yet because the content hasnt been added, but the icon is in the steam folders, and there is a data file that makes mention of half life 2 media. look in \Steam\resource\games\ and you'll see "icon_hl2_media.tga" thats the HL2 icon, and then if you open the file called "ClientGameInfo.vdf" from the same directory you'll see this...

Code:
                // Half-Life Dedicated Server
		"7"
		{
			"gamedir"	"valve"
			"icon"		"resource/games/icon_dedicated"
			"NoServers" "1"		// this is not a game that shows up in the server browser you don't play dedicated server, you join them
		}
		[b]// Half-Life 2 Media
		"11"
		{
			"gamedir"	"hl2"
			"icon"		"resource/games/icon_hl2_media"
			"NoServers" "1"		// this product is only for hl2 media, there is no game to launch yet
		}[/b]
}

i took the liberty of bolding the parts of that that pertain to HL2 :)

Okok :p Nice job ;) Should i repeating the Refresh button in that directory then ;D

Videos are obiviously going to make everyone go crazy, Why don't we just Lock a sticky thread when they come out with instructions for steam and alternate links if possible...

Save reading 17 pages of posts.

uh wtf im really confused....they are releasing HL2 e3 videos july 1st? I thought gamespot hosted all of those, how are there more? Aren't those the ones they showed at E3...someone please explain.

There are several posts about this. Read the sticky up top. It has info Gabe told people.

i am gonna kill. well i hope it comes out 2morreow. and then i have to wait to d/l cuz im not 56k.

Duh

Uh...
Steam\resource\games\icon_hl2_media.tga

Maybe restart Steam or something if its not there.

SURE LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO RELEASE SOME "HL2 MEDIA" TO ME :flame:

yes, they will be very soon, hopefully by tomorrow (tuesday)

could someone who knows gabe's number please pm me?

i'm not gonna call him now, but i might bug him tomorrow :)

Leave the poor man alone... I can't believe someone actually CALLED him. You are true stalkers, leave him alone, only ask questions when you have a SMART one.

oh shit..
I reinstalled steam and now when I try to start it all I get is:
ERROR: Receive Failure, WinSock Error 10054 "Connection reset by peer"...

Edit: Nevermind...
the steam uninstall doesn't remove any files, it leaves everything. so when I reinstalled in the same folder there were a lot of files still there screwing things up.

Originally posted by henrik
oh shit..

did you restart your system? well actually the way i dealt with it was to uninstall steam, then i renamed the steam folder to steam.bak then i reinstalled it and it worked, i didnt need to restart.

Originally posted by henrik
oh shit..

Same here :flame:

Anyone know how to fix this? :frog:

Originally posted by figge
Same here :flame:

Anyone know how to fix this? :frog:

Yes, remove the steam folder from you harddrive before you reinstall, the steam uninstall doesn't do that for some reason...

the forum says that GMT time is 11.05 (it's 12.05 here in norway). Is this accurate to the whereabouts of the valve and steam people? If there's a time delay, how many hours is it?

Originally posted by Xtasy0
did you restart your system? well actually the way i dealt with it was to uninstall steam, then i renamed the steam folder to steam.bak then i reinstalled it and it worked, i didnt need to restart.

it worked out.
thanks anyway. :)

Originally posted by stenbro
the forum says that GMT time is 11.05 (it's 12.05 here in norway). Is this accurate to the whereabouts of the valve and steam people? If there's a time delay, how many hours is it?

8 hours, its 3 in the morning for them

Yeah, Kirkland or Redmond. Can't remember which is current. One of the Seattle suburbs anyway. The land of Microsoft.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
look up one post ;)

We booth posted 12:00 PM :p

Anyways, ty, will try that... when med get home... grr... damn work... :x

Back