New Videos.. When!!!

Originally posted by geeK
I didn't know you were in love with him man.. C'mon he is married.. It's allright.. ;) I hope he's wife won't listen to the machine :/

huh?

lol this thread is hilarius its just like someone said, its like we are little children again. (i still spell like a 4 year old nehow ;) )

I just emailed gabe about the 32 player limit, it went something like this:

Hey gabe,

I just have a quick question for you. Its about the 32 player limit being a design decision not a technical one.

My question is this:
If for example you decide that the 32 player limit is what you want for half life2s multiplay aspect then will mod developers such as myself be able to change the limit for our own mods. To 64 or more for example?
Thanks for your time, and thanks for the game (in advance)

Ps. Just out of curiosity whats the technical limitation on the player limit? It would make my day to hear it ;)

Mark - a bit of a fan boi ;)

Nice job guinny. Its 11:25 PM here in Norway (still june 30 mind you) whats the time where you guys are? do you think that everybody that doesnt have Steam would get to download it from some other site?? Like megagames or gamespot (God Forbid!:flame:) or do we need to wait for sum1 to upload them to kazaa ur sumthin? Im climbing on the wall here!!

/me climbs up the wall

its 5:30pm est. yes, many sites will cary this video.

I will probably oput up a ftp server when i have got the video.. With 10 slots and max 100kb/sec dl .

You can reach me in #hl2movies or in #halflife2 :)

0:34 here in Finland =) .. so it's been 1 July for ...34 minutes :)

I think the movies will be up on FTPs almost immideately after release..you'll get them some way :)

Originally posted by geeK
I will probably oput up a ftp server when i have got the video.. With 10 slots and max 100kb/sec dl .

You can reach me in #hl2movies or in #halflife2 :)

what connection u got?

You guys speak of the video(s) in terms of plural pronounciation. Why? We don't know if we're getting anything more than that E3 demo direct feed. Pictures and more than one video is pure speculation.

its probably cuz we get excited, we tend to think in plural! ;)

I think it would be lame to release something we have already seen after so many weeks..so I guess that there will be maybe another video, or some screenies

Guys, offtopic one sec, its been bugging me. With my processor order, one of the specs for it is "Onboard LAN: 10/100 Intregrated " Does that mean I don't need to use the ethernet card from my old computer?

Well, there's pretty good speculation that there will be new content, so when we say new 'videos' I think most of us understand that means multiple scenes, even if it is really only one file. The full E3 was originally released as like 9 separate filed,before the 600MB+ behemoth.

Now where is it/are they already?

Guys, offtopic one sec, its been bugging me. With my processor order, one of the specs for it is "Onboard LAN: 10/100 Intregrated " Does that mean I don't need to use the ethernet card from my old computer?
yes :bounce:

froggy, i think we all have steam. it's just some people have slow connections

Ok thanks guys.

Anyway, on topic, Yea djkanuk I get what your saying.

processor, or computer? processor is only the chip, computer would include the motherboard, and if it does, then no, you don't need to use your network card...there'll be a plug right in there with the usb, printer, keyboard, and mouse plugs.

Well, here's the specs:

Intel Pentium 4 (800 FSB) Motherboard
Specifications:
CPU:Supports Intel Pentium 4 processor with a 400/533/800MHz (mPGA478-pin)Supports Hyper-threading
Chipset: Intel 865G
IDE:2x IDE
RAM: Double Data Rate DDR400 support
Slots:1x AGP 8X, and 6x PCI
Ports:2xPS2, 4x USB (see pics)
Onboard SATA:2
Onboard Video: Intergrated Video
Onboard LAN: 10/100 Intregrated
Onboard Audio: Intergrated 6 Channel Audio

Originally posted by guinny
Well, here's the specs:

Intel Pentium 4 (800 FSB) Motherboard
Specifications:
CPU:Supports Intel Pentium 4 processor with a 400/533/800MHz (mPGA478-pin)Supports Hyper-threading
Chipset: Intel 865G
IDE:2x IDE
RAM: Double Data Rate DDR400 support
Slots:1x AGP 8X, and 6x PCI
Ports:2xPS2, 4x USB (see pics)
Onboard SATA:2
Onboard Video: Intergrated Video
Onboard LAN: 10/100 Intregrated
Onboard Audio: Intergrated 6 Channel Audio

thats a motherboard. It comes with no processor.

I...know? My processor is:

Intel Pentium 4 / 3.0CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB
Specifications:
CPU: 3.0GHz
Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
Cache: 512K
BUS: 800 Mhz
Socket: 478
Retail box (with Heatsink and Fan)

ok, 13 minutes `till 1st July! (my birthday is on the second july...I just wanted to say that) Ill keep my fingers crossed that Gabe goes after my time zone:cheese:

So do I need my old ethernet card or what? I'm getting confussed now lol.

So do I need my old ethernet card or what? I'm getting confussed now lol.

no u do not need it.

Now go make a thread somewhere else, you are TOTALLY of topic

Originally posted by SD1
no u do not need it.

Now go make a thread somewhere else, you are TOTALLY of topic

Yes sir, I will listen to the man with 17 posts. I simply asked one question, it was doubted, so it went on for a few more posts, that's all. No big deal. I called Gabe for christs sake I think I diserver a little off topic leen-yen-see (dont know how to spell it, sounded it out.)

Yes sir, I will listen to the man with 17 posts. I simply asked one question, it was doubted, so it went on for a few more posts, that's all. No big deal. I called Gabe for christs sake I think I diserver a little off topic leen-yen-see (dont know how to spell it, sounded it out.)

because u rang a bloke doesnt mean u can do what u like?

Im happy my 18 posts count, they arent mindless spam left by a nerd with no life.

SD

yeh man, give the guy some respect. Not becuase he called gabe specificaly but becuase he is a person you know nothing about and s shouldent judge. Sorry if it sounds like i am haveing ago at u, but people do this sort of thing all the time on forums :(

I can't imagine anyone who would actually believe him.

Probably won't get it until tomorrow or later this week. He never said tomorrow, he said in a few days.

Back