Nintendo Revolution Fully Unveiled!!!

lePobz said:
Bigger pic here

"Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo"

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

"Nintendo also revealed that using Revolution's new Wi-Fi connection, gamers would be able to go online to a free gamer-matching service. Interestingly, in a move similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service, Revolution users will be able to download classic and new Nintendo games over the Internet"

Wow, truely a revolution indeed!

Seriously, have Nintendo been living under a rock on the dark side of the moon for the past 5 years? This is far from a revolution.
Just wait. You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

SimonomiS said:
I saw that edit. :p
I'm not arguing that, I just really don't like the look of the PS3 one. Perhaps it gives you an instant erection when you hold it simply of how its designed, but I'll wait to check that. ;)
Hell, don't know why I go in these threads, doubt I'll be able to afford any of them. :eek:

damn, hahah I thought I could quickly edit before anyone saw it hehe

anything about its new way of controlling games thing controller yet?

I hope Nintendo go kinda retro with the controller, something like the NES, but updated would be cool.

StardogChampion said:
I hope Nintendo go kinda retro with the controller, something like the NES, but updated would be cool.

Wouldn't be room for all the buttons really. And the vast majority of people would complain sadly. :(
Random RE4 Shot.(couldnt find a good non-cutscene one.)

According to Nintendo's site, they're going to unveil something in 6 minutes.

Any feeds for Nintendo's conference? That would be poo if there isn't any. :(

Narcolepsy said:
Graphics-wise, the Gamecube beat the PS2 into the ground with a serrated baseball bat.

Gameplay-wise, that's another story. It used something much more painful.

QFE

I bought a PS2, and I spent most of the time envying my gamecube-owning friends. The only thing that it had that beat the gamecube was the DVD playing - which is now not working for me.

Besides Metal Gear Solid 2&3, Splinter Cell, Psi-ops, HL1 remake and Siren, none of the games really impressed me. Although there was a much larger selection, 50% of the choices were pure crap. I hate most games I own or have rented.

On the other hand, my friends had Super Smash Bros Melee, Zelda WW, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, MGS1 remake, Resident Evil 1 remake, Resident Evil 4 - and - their Soul Calibur 2 had Link as a bonus character AND HAD BETTER GRAPHICS.
And their consoles were cheaper, had better, lighter controllers and were half the size.

So although the PS3 has put on a fancy show and N:R has only this render, it's still neck-and-neck as to which I'd like to buy.

As for the X-Box: X-box is huge lol.

Takaitokuten said:
According to Nintendo's site... "undefined is here!".

:LOL: Those little video clips are amusing.
"Don't make me do it. I'll take your name."

I wish someone could get a copy of those streams, so I could download them. BTW I guess I'll watch the Xbox360 stream and hopefully when thats done, the Nintendo stream will be up. :)

Their site says it should be around now that they put something up.

In reply to everyone going "blah it's called Revolution but it's not revolutionary!!": Who cares about the name? Not like the new Xbox is very "360".

(I don't support Nintendo over Sony or anything like that by the way. I could care less about consoles.)

That hi-res pic is awesome. I think the size of the o's where it says revolution stand for the full size discs and the mini discs it plays.

Takaitokuten said:
That hi-res pic is awesome. I think the size of the o's where it says revolution stand for the full size discs and the mini discs it plays.

Good thinking.
Would like a shot of it flat though. :)
Anyway whats this about a new Zelda trailer? Links a wolf? Monochrome world again? I feel all out of sync.

Takaitokuten said:
I think the size of the o's where it says revolution stand for the full size discs and the mini discs it plays.

Good call. That makes alot of sense. I just pray that it doesn't mean that that is the Revolution itself. :(

SimonomiS said:
Good thinking.
Would like a shot of it flat though. :)
Anyway whats this about a new Zelda trailer? Links a wolf? Monochrome world again? I feel all out of sync.
In the latest Edge mag, the project lead says the wolf is important in some way.

StardogChampion said:
In the latest Edge mag, the project lead says the wolf is important in some way.

Apparently Link is a werewolf :D

Anyone want to provide a Zelda trailer link?

StardogChampion said:

Thats vague. :p
Just saw the trailer, Link actually morphs INTO the wolf, and some weird monkey girl thing rides him (not in that way).
Looks kickass, you can see a slight WW influence which isn't bad although I do prefer the OoT looking parts.
I need it in high res! :E
http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/

Nevermind, that Play-by-play is perfect.
I <3 Nintendo. :E

9:30 am: Next year, Revolution will fully serve core gamers. "We will attract casual gamers using consumer friendly content control and internet. And we will even draw non-gamers to our Revolution showing them how much fun there is and what we all do already. We call this 'all-access gaming.'" Iwata concludes by saying gamers touch his heart when they pick up the controller and enjoy the games.

So don't expect any hardcore games as launch titles basically?

Im kinda disappointed with the unveiling of the Revolution. So far the conference has been kinda weak.

It seems they want to keep the controller under wraps still. They were very worried about it being ripped off.

satch919 said:
Im kinda disappointed with the unveiling of the Revolution. So far the conference has been kinda weak.
Its probably because they have decided to take it slow instead of blasting it out there. They still don't want to show any screen shots from the system yet.

9:20 am: "When you turn on Revolution and see the graphics, you will say 'wow!'" "Our competitors have detailed the power of their core processor and display. But the advantages of our technology will also have no bearing on gameplay. I know, this is one of those mysterious comments," he says. Says wifi will be built into every Nintendo product so controller, TV, console, and internet can interact. Nintendo intends to develop a device that's functional and appealing to every member in the household -- whether gamers or not. All controllers will be wireless. Also, the controllers will be very unique "in ways we will share with you... later." Already working on several wifi games for launch. Smash Bros. will be launch game -- wifi.
We still don't know any of the real features of the system yet.

What an ending. :LOL: Not that many specifics. Least they're not just giving out a load of numbers to impress people.

I wish they would have shown more of the Revolution. ;( Zelda looked great from what I could see. However, the connection kinda froze up and lagged when Zelda came on.

Maybe I had too high of expectations. Oh well. Im really looking forward to PS3.

I watched Nintendo's press confrence and it was worthless. It didn't say nothing about the specs of revolution and didn't even show any games.

Yeah, seems they're saving almost everything for now. No shots from the Revolution, and nothing of the controller.

Of course, its not coming out for over a year, so thats probably to be expected. I think they may want to avoid killing the DS and Gamecube prematurely by making everyone want the next-gen too soon.

Like I have been saying from the very beginning with the annoucment of these new consoles coming, nintendo will always have my heart with the nes but I honestly think they are about to bomb.

About? The thing doesn't even come out until 2006, probably very late 2006 at that.

Direwolf said:
Yeah, seems they're saving almost everything for now. No shots from the Revolution, and nothing of the controller.

Of course, its not coming out for over a year, so thats probably to be expected. I think they may want to avoid killing the DS and Gamecube prematurely by making everyone want the next-gen too soon.

Perhaps. Only time will tell if they made the right move.

The only thing that i really liked from that presentation was the Electroplancton(sp?) and Zelda. I liked the look of the Revolution, I just wish i could have seen some damn games running?!?!? Why even show off the new system if you aren't going to show anything from it?

As a Nintendo fan, I was disappointed. ;(

SearanoX said:
Uh. What the hell? If you guys believe in the absolute bullshit that Sony and Microsoft are speweing (36 and 17 times more powerful, respectively), then you're all idiots. Ninendo's console easily looks the best out of all of them, and I'm sure we'll see more than a low-res screenshot today on which to pass judgement as to whether it's "ugly" or not. Two to three times more powerful is exactly what I was expecting. When you consider how good games like Resident Evil 4 look...multiply the poly counts, bump maps, lighting effects, particles, textures, etc. by three or even two, and you have something absolutely beautiful. Think with your heads, not Sony and Microsoft's propaganda.

Nintendo seems to be the only one with the balls to actually tell the truth.
QFT

I <3 you.

Back