PCGameplay reviews Half-Life 2

Hmz lots of mags had the first preview. Everybody already knew about it but valve had a NDA so they couldnt print it yet. PCGP was just lucky because their mag came out the day the NDA ended.

Lobster said:
Does anybody get early subscriptions to this magazine? I know the PC gamer mags arrive 2 weeks early!

No we don't. Subscribers get our issues a few days early at most.

Lafie said:
would it be legal to upload the screens from the DVD on the web? and the scans from the magazine?

Uploading magazine scans and screenshots is bad, mmkay.

Laguna said:
omfg 8 pages ?? record ? Thats pretty much reading. I really hope that this game will kick some serious ass.. Doom 3 was fun but way over-hyped :)

That doesn't mean it's long. Magazines tend to have pages just full of screenshots with one paragraph or something.

Wow someone from PC Gamer ;)

So tell us is half life 2 gonna be the game we think it's gonna be? More specifically WTFBBQPWNAGE!

the funker said:
No we don't. Subscribers get our issues a few days early at most.

Then how come your biggest reviews are spammed over the net well in advance of the shelf date, more than a few days, pehaps industrial espionage :O

Lobster said:
Then how come your biggest reviews are spammed over the net well in advance of the shelf date, more than a few days, pehaps industrial espionage :O

Ah - That'd be the US version. I'm UK.

the funker said:
That's me. And you are?

I'm Feath. I read your magazine. And manage to guess people's names from their initials.

Feath said:
I'm Feath. I read your magazine. And manage to guess people's names from their initials.
A man of many talents :)

An oldy, but a goody :)

Just to clarify - everyone knows my name rhymes with tea, right?

You know, one of these days the "Feeth" joke is going to get old.

Feath said:
You know, one of these days the "Feeth" joke is going to get old.

Yeah right... do fart jokes ever get old? Nuff said.

FISKER_Q said:
All official Half-Life mods will be ported to the Source Engine, and will be released for free, albeit not all at launch.
And you know this how?

Mountain Man said:
And you know this how?
I know because i must know :LOL:

Seriously though, it's in the valve questions thread, if not it's the in the email i got from gabe, which i didn't put up because similar emails were already put up.

I wonder Will Valve Staff worry if PCGamer will show Complete information about HL2 before HL2 Goes Gold??

DarkGhost86 said:
I wonder Will Valve Staff worry if PCGamer will show Complete information about HL2 before HL2 Goes Gold??

This indeed has happened. On the page www.pcgameplay.com it says that VALVe had contacted them. They were worried that the 50 extra screens would give away too much info on the game.
PCGP respects this and will not include them in their next issue/dvd.

They will however include the 40 screens (!) in their upcoming review. So yes!! 8 pages with 40 screens after all!!

40 screens is still enough.. And btw, not the screens count, the text itself is way more important!

40 screens is a ridiculous amount for 8 pages lol but yes, I'm mostly eager for all the textual info. Especially the score :D

not 100%

i think they misunderstood Dutch.

i think it says it's 100% certain the review is in the mag.

edit: not that i read Dutch or anything, but just read the babelfish translation ffs.

RoyaleWithCheese said:
40 screens is a ridiculous amount for 8 pages lol but yes, I'm mostly eager for all the textual info. Especially the score :D

the screenshots are to be on the dvd are they not? and the review is in the magazine.

40 screens in 8 pages...

here is the entire review (i have my sources ;) )

PCGameplay said:
Its pretty good.

dont ask me how i got it... :)

kaellinn18 said:
No, here's a translation copied from http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=2000165&topic=16418297&page=2:

"Naturally the game is 100% complete, otherwise we will not cover it online.

We played the game from beginning to end and have finished the review in such a way: 8 pages with a 40-scores (naturally unique, for we have each reviewed it).

For even more info I refer you to the October number one game..."

The really correct translation is:

Of course it's 100% certain (that they have the review on October 5th) otherwise we wouldn't put our cover online yet.

We played the game from front to back and the review is already done too: 8 pages with 40 (of course unique, we took them ourselves) screenshots...

For more info I have to direct you to the october issue itself.

guise said:
the screenshots are to be on the dvd are they not? and the review is in the magazine.
They just stated on their site that the 50 screens on the DVD will be scrapped, because they could contain spoilers, according to Valve.

So the 40 screens are all on the 8 pages.

:p

LGs0pHT said:
http://www.gamestarmag.com/

As somebody in HL2Fallout forums stated, the magazine is already out, he has it, and the facts are:

Shadow Bugs fixed
No Multiplayer (except mods)
No final rating

how can he have it? it comes out October 5th. lol

he's pulling our leg's. :p

News from the PC Gameplay website:

The 50 screenshots will NOT be included with PC Gameplay magazine on the DVD, since valve does not want to spoil anything from the game. PC Gameplay literally says: "Valve asked us not to publish the screenshots on the DVD since they might show crucial scenes from the game when it's not officially released".

In other words, HL2 won't be out before October the 5th :)

it's simple Mullinator, it's a lie coming from some richous noob :hmph: .

Back