PlayStation 3 Revealed!

I am incredibly impressed with the PS3. Awesome technology. :eek:

I'll have my pc still, pc games still can always be upgraded, now though I dunno if games can be :x

Haha just one thing, the next GTA game :eek:

Woowowoowowowow I'm all excited now, I need to go to bed though! Night!

Holy shit that killzone 2 vid at gamespot...Omg I pray to god that's actually in-game.

The one thing going for the fact that it's in game is that we go into first person. Please don't let them lie to us!

Cheers for the heads up about gamespot!

They used Closer as one of the 12 HD streams being decoded at the same time. Using a Natalie Portman movie definately doesn't hurt their standing in my view. :E

Must resist the urge to convert to Sony...Nintendo must live on...nuuuu...

Judging from the pix the games look way too good! But whats up with the console itself, U-G-L-Y.

OMG... that Motor Storm game can't be that detailed... can it?!? The physical interactions alone are jaw-dropping.

Bakurei said:
Judging from the pix the games look way too good! But whats up with the console itself, U-G-L-Y.

Who gives a F-U-C-K?!?! The graphics look amazing!!?!?!? Have you watch their Press Conference?

OCybrManO said:
OMG... that Motor Storm game can't be that detailed... can it?!?

That looked awesome didn't it?!? Maybe? This is a new form of processor and GPU. Not only that but its still a little less than a year off.

I call bullshit. These have to be pre-rendered footage.

I still have to find a working direct download, I hate streaming.

chu said:
I call bullshit. These have to be pre-rendered footage.

And if they're not? Did you see the interactive demos of UT2007 and Fight Night? That was all being controlled by people on stage.

Holy sweet jesus mother of God i just saw the motorstorm clip!

Bakurei said:
I still have to find a working direct download, I hate streaming.

What are you talking abou--------streaming is so coo-------It is just----a-s-----good as =--------downloadi---ng. And---there is only a little bit of de------lay.

The Unreal engine footage was incredible, and obviously real-time, so I was very pleased, but there is no way that Killzone footage could have been real. I just can't see that level of detail in games quite yet.

qckbeam said:
The Unreal engine footage was incredible, and obviously real-time, so I was very pleased, but there is no way that Killzone footage could have been real. I just can't see that level of detail in games quite yet.
i wouldn;t be surprised if that level of detail is acheived on the PS3 in-game, but it will probably not be til the PS3 has been out for about 3 years, just like the PS2 now, it's got all these awesome looking games no one would've believed possible when it came out

Ok so the PS3 has 1 *3.2ghz core processor and 7 other 3.2ghz processors....and one redundant one?

That's quite..powerful :|

So thats about......21 Ghz altogether? (I quit Math two years ago)

I think Bill Gates just wet himself. And again

and again

and again

I think that the Killzone 2 trailer might be in-game because of all the tech demos that were shown about particle effects and the efficiency of the Cell processor and the powerful GPU. Take a look at the demo of that gas station blowing up in real time and then look at how PS3 generates character models and its close to what we might see in a real game environment. Only time will tell and I'm sure someone will ask Sony whether or not that was pre-rendered or based on real time tests. :)

Wow, specs look amazing

Shame that the controller looks like a customized dildo

I would love for killzone to be ingame... i swear to god i almost cried when i saw that and that motor game.

just..... so..... amazing....

I think I just soiled myself. Now I need 2 nextgen consoles.. nintendo is going to make it 3.. I can tell :( damnit.

Murray_H said:
e32k5245538na.jpg

e2pa4ia.jpg

050517i4vj2em.jpg
way over the top!!!

I might get it if they allow me to use the PS2 controller with it, because that rendered controller above looks HORRIBLE, the specs looks the orgasmic tho.

WTF Is with the Banana controllers. LOL!.. do you control that with your crotch.. that better not be finalized.. give me dual shock!

(oh wait didn't they get sued over that shit??)\

How do they expect to compete in the FPS market with those money close together analog sticks.. ugh.

babyheadcrab said:
WTF Is with the Banana controllers. LOL!.. do you control that with your crotch.. that better not be finalized.. give me dual shock!

(oh wait didn't they get sued over that shit??)\

How do they expect to compete in the FPS market with those money close together analog sticks.. ugh.
They got sued over the -vibration- technology in the Dual Shock controller, the technology that allowed you to code how the controller vibrates etc.

The controller also acts a pleasure device for the female market. You don't think Sony thinks about these things? When little 14 year old Suzie watches her brother playing, ideas about alternative uses for the controller will become apparent.

So bag out that controller all you want, i bet it will be a huge success!! :frog:

Back