Port Hl2 To Mac!!!

I don't think you realize the amount of work it would be to do something like this. The entire engine is built around DirectX. The amount of time and money it would take to convert this would be in no way worth the amount of money they would get from the relatively small Mac market.

I'd like that, but it's a DX9 game, and unlike OGL games, you can't port it to Mac. Well you can...it would take a few years. ;)

Macs don't suck. They're hideously overpriced.

You have an insufficent number of mouse buttons to play, sorry.

Originally posted by SerialCarpens
Petition here to get HL2 on mac, even if you dont like macs, help us brothas out!

http://www.petitiononline.com/hl2mac/petition.html

:cheers:

"We would like a Mac version of Half-Life 2, preferably released at the same time as the Windows version."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA No.

"Valve currently hasn't announced anything regarding the availability of a Mac version."

There won't be one.

"The Mac OS has OpenGL support, making it easy to port the existing code across to the Mac. "

TOO BAD THEY USE DIRECTX API'S INSTEAD OF OPENGL. You won't get ANY of the leet DX effects on a mac, without some serious coding.

"A lot of Mac users keep a Windows PC around only for games, and many of us would like to be able to get rid of our PC, but in order to do so we need to get some more games onto the Mac platform. Valve's support in bringing Half-Life 2 across would be a great step in this direction, as the game is promising to sell very well, and selling to Mac users would be no exception. "

Too bad it's not happening.

Macs are unstable, the hardware is terribly overpriced, and nothing is coded for them primarily for that reason. It's not our problem you bought a Mac, sorry. :/

The female brains os only capable of using the MAC mouse, the WIN mouse is for men !

I couldn't handle not even having a mouse-wheel anymore... let alone not having a second button... ugh...

You dont buy a mac and then complain that noone makes ****ing games for it.. that's like buying a vegetarian burger and going.. "hey, where's the meat bitch, gimme" :p

Lol

i cant believe the hatred for macs, you should still help us out and sign the thing. Why not? Itll take less than a min.

Re: Lol

i cant believe the hatred for macs, you should still help us out and sign the thing. Why not? Itll take less than a min.

You need to realize that it's not ****ing happening ever, don't bother.

Originally posted by Seikeden
You dont buy a mac and then complain that noone makes ****ing games for it.. that's like buying a vegetarian burger and going.. "hey, where's the meat bitch, gimme" :p

I totaly agree with the quoted section above from Seikeden.

The new apple powerbooks have ati 9600's in them, so they already have DX9 support right? or am I missing something?

Re: Lol

you don't get it do you? its not going to happen. you are retarded. go and play with photoshop on your trendy mac and leave us alone. :afro:

Re: Re: Port Hl2 To Mac!!!

Originally posted by omlette
"We would like a Mac version of Half-Life 2, preferably released at the same time as the Windows version."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA No.

LOL classic

Back