Proof people have it already

i think there is no shadow because that is the flap of the box and the light is coming down at such an angle that teh shadow is inside that flap bit, so you can't see it on the keyboard.

I've just realised.. i've been waiting for this for over 4 years.. just after i completed hl1. I'm sure i can wait another 4 days..

Yup, the only thing that are on the CD'S are the .GCF's in their encrypted state. So no one will be able to warez HL2 unless they get an unencrypted version from somewhere.

MaxiKana said:
Yup, the only thing that are on the CD'S are the .GCF's in their encrypted state. So no one will be able to warez HL2 unless they get an unencrypted version from somewhere.
OMG WE COULD SAVE A PRELOAD WITH THE RETAIL

anyways i am going 2 bed nw, hopufully by 2morow wen i get home from skool we may have some more proof

Rage3D crashed.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

it did not crash...too many people were accessing the page at the time, and you got denied access. Steam bandwidth has just increased again...

Kelzoth said:
Rage3D crashed.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
old news :p

Has anyone in the us called any places to check if they can get it? On other forums people are saying its being sold now.

Reaktor4 said:
Has anyone in the us called any places to check if they can get it? On other forums people are saying its being sold now.

I've had a pre-order for over a year at a ebgames in my mall, but I haven't received a phone call from them yet...So I am guessing its only in a few areas.

MaxiKana said:
Just looks like a normal peak...
was 11500 halfhour ago, now 11600.

It will unlock...all they had to do was add one line to the subscriber agreement during the install, those things nobody reads...well, Valve can just do whatever they want.

I look forward to tuesday.

They're selling it, multiple shops. The guys are getting mad.. some guy phoned and mentioned half-life 2, the staff member shouted "STOP IT! WE DONT HAVE HALF-LIFE 2!!! IT WAS A LIE!!"

We pissed em off so much. :D

Chris_D said:
Yeah ok, but I can assure you no one's playing it. There'd be hoardes of screenshots by now.
no offense but I think ur on valve pay roll

Kelzoth said:

Maybe this is due to, if they sell them they get fined; or if they tell people they have copies they will get annoyed. You are obviously annoying someone so please cease.

Kelzoth said:
They're selling it, multiple shops. The guys are getting mad.. some guy phoned and mentioned half-life 2, the staff member shouted "STOP IT! WE DONT HAVE HALF-LIFE 2!!! IT WAS A LIE!!"

Haha! If that's true, then that's AWESOME!

dudes! all you have to do to unlock the game is to set the... uh just a sec, there's someone at the door. I'll be right back.. *never returns*

Wouldn't it be in the best interest of VUG for Valve to unlock Half-Life 2? I mean if copies are being sold and people can't play it, they're probably going to take it back. Not everyone is on HL2.net 24/7 and knows they need to activate via Steam. If enough stores start to sell it, I would think VUG would give the go ahead to unlock it, or risk losing some sales. Although if it's a small number of copies being sold, the risk might not be that great.

Lemonking said:
no offense but I think ur on valve pay roll
Why? Its kind of obvious hes right. Some people probably have been able to buy it but no one has been able to play it yet, we really would have alot of new screenshots popping up now if someone was playing it early.

M8, i didnt phone or anything. I'm just reporting what i heard. I'm t3h 1337 b0t.. i just report, no action on my side.

jacen said:
Morgenstern erscheine auf das Antlitz mein(no -e), wirf ein warmes Licht auf mein Ungesicht.

:(

hoer dir das lied an dann wirst du hoeren das er meine sagt das mit dem licht is mein Fehler ich werde es korrigieren!

The Mullinator said:
Why? Its kind of obvious hes right. Some people probably have been able to buy it but no one has been able to play it yet, we really would have alot of new screenshots popping up now if someone was playing it early.
But thats completely irrelevant to what valve said, as i said earlier valve knew nobody would be able to play it when they said that.

mmh..... maybe in VALVe there preparing themselves for the validation.... numerous signs: Hiper fast increase of Bandwitch, pics, posts.... but still, i believe that its fake.... but i would be happy if its released earlier...

Lemonking said:
hoer dir das lied an dann wirst du hoeren das er meine sagt das mit dem licht is mein Fehler ich werde es korrigieren!
translation anyone.

If too many stores will act the same then the situation is going to be very unpleasant for both VALVe and VUG...
They will be forced to unlock it early...

Kel Thuzad said:
If too many stores will act the same then the situation is going to be very unpleasant for both VALVe and VUG...
They will be forced to unlock it early...
why would it be unpleasant for VUG, the stores bought it from them. the stores and VUG are not in competition.

/edit: if i understood the post correctly, if not sorry

BladeTurbo said:
why would it be unpleasant for VUG, the stores bought it from them. the stores and VUG are not in competition.
Hmmm... excellent point.

Back