Proof people have it already

I bet someone hacked Gabes account.. his new password: nebag

:/ :p

No.. If HL2 will be released early, we won't be seeing it in a fansite forum. An press release will be released. That's the deal. And if so, we won't see it today either, we're just a small part of the community you know.

Situation will be unpleasant because RANDOM and COMMON people will bring their games home and realise they cannot play them for another five days...and as someone has already stated here, there are tons of people who dont spend half of their lives on the internet and dont know about Steam activation and everything that involves it...

That statement was great in at least four different ways. Best forum post ever.

sheeeeeeet!!

i jus made a topic on gabe and then i even pmed mr gabe himself...damn fallout byches need to increase serevr capacity

I wonder if they're shipping pre-orders... if so, I will actually get mine sometime soon. :bounce:

aDidor22 said:
Actually, and this isnt publically documented, Valve would only unlock HL2 if a pirated version of it, that was completly finished and playable, leaked out.

Since the above is next to impossible, they stood by there word.

If some hacker posted shots of ingame action ect, and it got alot of internet buzz going, valve would be forced to release it to combat the piracy asfast as possible, regardless of VUG contract.

However, like i said, its not happening, so Nov16 it is. People have the box copy and thats wonderful for them, cause now they dont have to wait on the 16 in store, there where we steam users are at, progress wise.

Anywho, the above information was described in a private internet security forum used by various software engineers/programmers and publishers, for more than just games. The topic came up and one of Valves Development members spoke on the subject as stated above.....

How i know that...dont ask. (dissapears)

You hear that people??? No magic word from VALVe, no playing Half-Lifey 2. A magic word from VALVe, yes playing to Half-Lifey 2. It's so friggin obvious!!!! :smoking:

The magic words would be: "Steam is unlocking your Half-Life 2 files..."

Well since the number of people visiting this site is about to hit 500 im going to go watch TV....

by the time i come back i hope gabe or somebody else has official news.

*if you dont have official news dont bother replying to this as its only YOUR opinion*

what happened ????? i havent been looking for the past hour

DiSTuRbEd said:
Just about every game has it.

Yes every game has a end user licence, but I can tell you for sure that no one has a clause stating " ... you agree to not be able to play this game until 16th November." :imu:

why doesnt gabe post somewere reliable ffs, come over here n tell us whats happening!!!

Znipper said:
Yes every game has a end user licence, but I can tell you for sure that no one has a clause stating " ... you agree to not be able to play this game until 16th November." :imu:

Actually, legally they shouldn't even be able to sell the game untill the 16th of november, so such a clause is unnecesary.

Znipper said:
has anyone actually read an end user agreement license, cause i haven't. i just bypass it. yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah

BladeTurbo said:
has anyone actually read an end user agreement license, cause i haven't. i just bypass it. yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah
I don't think anyone does. Or at least, 98% of the people out there don't. I always click "I agree". It's the only way to continue. It's too time-worthy to read through the whole thing, especially when you will be installing Half-Life 2.

briggsb2k said:
why doesnt gabe post somewere reliable ffs, come over here n tell us whats happening!!!
i'm really looking forward to what valve is gonna say about this incident. they can't just ignore this as this made crash 2 or 3 sites just because of the number of people browsing them. and i'm not even talking about the massive speculation and rumour this has spawned

BladeTurbo said:

I have written a End user licence. But that doesnt make me that more approved than any other guy for guessing Valve's End user licence.

the mod closed the the thread over at HLfallout with the comment lets wait for offical news shall we
OMG ITS COMING

joule said:
I don't think anyone does. Or at least, 98% of the people out there don't. I always click "I agree". It's the only way to continue. It's too time-worthy to read through the whole thing, especially when you will be installing Half-Life 2.
i like your sig :)

well it seems as though he has left again without posting maybe he was just reading about what has happed now he is in some meetin deciding what to do?

Lemonking said:
the mod closed the the thread over at HLfallout with the comment lets wait for offical news shall we
OMG ITS COMING

No, not really. He just didn't want that thread killing the forum, and since gabe stopped viewing that thread when the forum crashed he posted that. If gabe want's to say something he CAN create a new thread.

afrogoat said:
well it seems as though he has left again without posting maybe he was just reading about what has happed now he is in some meetin deciding what to do?
or maybe he's coming to this site cause we all kick a**

it would be nice if the fact that they had it meant they could Play it, however Valve has already thought of that, and therefore noone can play it first, because, even if they install it, they cant play it until they allow everyone to unlock it. So there! Your hopes have been dashed!

The Mullinator said:
Not surprising. What would be surprising is if they were also able to actually start playing.

Also why is that guy using the default windows XP background? :x

I use the default XP background and always have. I think there are other people out there who do too.

perhaps the answers we seek are on the PHP site . . .

lol i wish

Hyperion2010 said:
it would be nice if the fact that they had it meant they could Play it, however Valve has already thought of that, and therefore noone can play it first, because, even if they install it, they cant play it until they allow everyone to unlock it. So there! Your hopes have been dashed!
what has that got to do with it?

"A store, unknown where so far has broken street date with VALVe and Vividendi Universal Games (VUG\VUGames). This does NOT impact the release of Half-Life 2 whatsoever. Any rumours of people able to play Half-Life 2 over Steam are false as VALVe does not activate content servers for this particular game until 12:01am PST on 16 Nov 2004."

shapeshifter said:
Duh.

Im just showing an image that proves people have the retial copies already.

and illegal how is it not proof? you think some one photoshoped it?

:LOL: no one is that good.

You can easly do that in Max7.
(not that they did, Just saying its real easy to do)

flo_Orian said:
"A store, unknown where so far has broken street date with VALVe and Vividendi Universal Games (VUG\VUGames). This does NOT impact the release of Half-Life 2 whatsoever. Any rumours of people able to play Half-Life 2 over Steam are false as VALVe does not activate content servers for this particular game until 12:01am PST on 16 Nov 2004."

Source?

On Shacknews they are commenting the early copies, and they emailed them about the matter, but they got the usual "no comments", that Valve seems to love.

flo_Orian said:
die suck taht out if ur fingers or is tah somethinf offical?

flo_Orian said:
Since when did someone have to be able to play it?

cadaveca said:
Well, i told you that sticking that in there would hurt you.

Man, I think you are a big wanker.

please with sugar on top, go fuking wank some where else :sleep:

flo_Orian said:

12:01? Did it get put back 1 minute? God damn :naughty:

Back