Proof people have it already

flo_Orian said:
"A store, unknown where so far has broken street date with VALVe and Vividendi Universal Games (VUG\VUGames). This does NOT impact the release of Half-Life 2 whatsoever. Any rumours of people able to play Half-Life 2 over Steam are false as VALVe does not activate content servers for this particular game until 12:01am PST on 16 Nov 2004."

Finally what looks like clarification, but please can you quote / link the source?

Gorgon said:
Man, I think you are a big wanker.

please with sugar on top, go fuking wank some where else :sleep:
chill out guys, i don't want the moderators to kill this thread, this is great.

oh wonderfull Trevjim all of the sudden takes the first post and its now his topic?

grmbl.

Griz said:
Finally what looks like clarification, but please can you quote / link the source?
Its either a lie by him or a cop out by valve.
edit: or an assumption by that guy at fallout

trevjim said:
in this pic. http://img110.exs.cx/img110/6610/hl2installing.jpg

weres his task bar, also the actuall game case looks like its been edited on as the shadows look wrong, also a white stripe on the left side of the case??

His taskbar is on auto-hide. I use auto-hide too, so that I can get more room on the monitor...

And about the white CD sleeves. Many games have used that. The HL2 preview CD from Condition Zero was packed in a white CD sleeve. Not to mention its much, MUCH cheaper to put it in white paper sleeves...

we've already established that it's the real game..(i think), then it was a question of whether Valve would unlock the game, looks like the answer is no (of course).. thread is about to die down i think..

polypod said:
we've already established that it's the real game..(i think), then it was a question of whether Valve would unlock the game, looks like the answer is no (of course).. thread is about to die down i think..
theyre probably deciding what to do now

valve's communication will always baffle me. they can comment on a simple variation on steam status's page, and yet they remain silent on a such important matter.
duh

Would be awesome if they released it this weekend. Too bad for EBGames though. Serves them right.

i think it's good to see the glass as half-full, but let's accept reality here, five more days is all we have to wait.. if we keep on like this the last five days will drive us bonkers!

Mods, when you combine a number of threads together into one.

DON'T attach them to the start of the damn thread, tack them on the end.

BladeTurbo said:
chill out guys, i don't want the moderators to kill this thread, this is great.

Indeed.

So is there any word from Gabe, or someone at valve yet ?

According to some threads on Steam it's already on torrent sites. Greeeeaaaat.

polypod said:
i think it's good to see the glass as half-full, but let's accept reality here, five more days is all we have to wait.. if we keep on like this the last five days will drive us bonkers!
I dont mind waiting i just dont like people saying something expecting it not to happen then making excuses when it does happen. If valve didnt say it would be unlocked when the release date is broken then fair enough, but if they did and theyre going back on that now then i wont trust much of what they say in the future and i will be reluctant to buy more games made by them too no matter how good they are.

Gorgon said:
Indeed.

So is there any word from Gabe, or someone at valve yet ?
There won't be. release date is the 16...cd's contain gcf's.

:rolleyes: kids.

Beazil said:
According to some threads on Steam it's already on torrent sites. Greeeeaaaat.
unless someone bypasses the activation, they wont be able to play it.

cadaveca said:
There won't be. release date is the 16...cd's contain gcf's.
again.... that has got what to do with what they supposedly said?

BladeTurbo said:
they cant because all the files arent there (someone correct me if im wrong)

BladeTurbo said:

I hope its a fake, but someone just posted pics in the steam thread of it's being available with a cracked exe. Could be more bs, but that's a scary thought.

I believe Valve said if a playable game were available/hacked, they would have to release early or else a bunch of people would cancel their orders and get the warez.. but these copies in the pic are not playable and thus no need to release..

Beazil said:
I hope its a fake, but someone just posted pics in the steam thread of it's being available with a cracked exe. Could be more bs, but that's a scary thought.
BS.
Can't be cracked that quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve has a couple files that are required for downloading during activation.

Reaktor4 said:
again.... that has got what to do with what they supposedly said?

like you said...supposedly....they said nothing..
no game release early, no playing any time other than after the official release date. The cd's contain the gcf's, and have to be unlocked just like posted earlier, quoting a valve employee. who cares if someone has a retail copy. Valve CANNOT unlock the game before the release date because of contract...which says no unlock via steam until offically released retail(no that's not verbatim so go away). If some store, not vivendi, decide to break that date, vavle ends up the winner. not thier bad rep, becasue you bet tom,dick or harry is gonna call someone or complain, and they'll be directed to steampowered for tech support, where they will read all this news. this thread is pointless, at least arguing about the semantics of"valve should unlock, cause one retail copy is out there"

Ahnteis said:
Cracked .EXE or trojan?

Quite likely stolen build from what others are saying about file size, etc. Me personally? I wouldn't know. Just sharing info.

cadaveca said:
like you said...supposedly....they said nothing..
no game release early, no playing any time other than after the official release date. The cd's contain the gcf's, and have to be unlocked just like posted earlier, quoting a valve employee. who cares if someone has a retail copy. Valve CANNOT unlock the game before the release date because of contract...which says no unlock via steam until offically released retail(no that's not verbatim so go away). If some store, not vivendi, decide to break that date, vavle ends up the winner. not thier bad rep, becasue you bet tom,dick or harry is gonna call someone or complain, and they'll be directed to steampowered for tech support, where they will read all this news. this thread is pointless, at least arguing about the semantics of"valve should unlock, cause one retail copy is out there"
how do you know what their contract says?

Grand Architect said:
I've been wondering that exact same thing, where do I get my copy to read?
you've been around long enough to have seen the details posted on...um gamespy?...i don't remember. Remeber the whole lawsuit thing? it was detailed then.

Well if youre right the shacknews guy was lying (or joking, then making a very misleading comment to whoever emailed him). Why would he do that?

Reaktor4 said:
Well if youre right the shacknews guy was lying (or joking, then making a very misleading comment to whoever emailed him). Why would he do that?
sensationalism. and he succeeded pretty well, if you ask me. (assuming it was a deliberate lie)

to create excitement and keep people intetested...like the fiasco today...it's called M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G....and none is better that word-of-mouth.

A moment of sensationalism for a lifetime of destroyed reputation? :/

Back