Proof people have it already

Paste from Shacknews;

Half-Life 2 GONE GOLD! [01:11 pm]
1814 Comments - Steve Gibson
It's a shocker! Half-Life 2 out of seemingly nowhere has GONE GOLD! Here is the official PR we got from Vivendi announcing as much and more importantly a promise to ship the game with a shelf date of November 16th.

LOS ANGELES (October 18, 2004) Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced that Half-Life 2, the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed PC titles in gaming history, will ship to retail outlets around the world in November. The Company confirmed that Half-Life 2, developed by Valve Software, has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004. The countdown to the highly anticipated retail street date has begun around the world, as VU Games completes plans to ship localized versions of Half-Life 2 simultaneously in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese.

Half-Life 2 has surpassed our expectations in every sense its high-quality graphics, ground-breaking physics and immersive first-person shooter gameplay set a new standard for PC action games, said Bruce Hack, CEO of VU Games. Half-Life 2 will go down as one of the best-selling PC titles, and we are thrilled to deliver this ground-breaking title to the worldwide gaming community this fall.[snip]

Steam users: Half-Life 2 will be unlocked on Steam on November 16th as well. Unless of course any retailer breaks the street date and puts it out on shelves sooner, then Steam will unlock Half-Life 2 sooner.

Gimme my game, unlock my Half-life 2! :cheers:

Lemonking said:
hoer dir das lied an dann wirst du hoeren das er meine sagt das mit dem licht is mein Fehler ich werde es korrigieren!

means:
Listen to the song, then you will hear that he says "meine", the "licht" was my mistake, I'm going to fix it.

well, they are talking about a line of a Rammstein-song.

THEN DO SO! GODDAMM!! WE'V BEEN WAITING FOR 6 ****ING YEARS... AND THIS NICKLE & DIMME BUSSINES? WTF!.... sorry... pist off because of VALVe reaction... wich is none.... sorry, everyone.

Stores are not putting the game on the shelves though, thats the point.....a few rogue copies have got into the hands of some chumps, I doubt Valve will give a shit.

Trust me guys, this dude has the game. Its funny, because come next week, all of you who think its a "photochop" will be thoroughly owned.

Has anyone actually emailed Valve to find out if these early sales will affect the activation date?

acelesson said:
Trust me guys, this dude has the game. Its funny, because come next week, all of you who think its a "photochop" will be thoroughly owned.

Oh we will, whys that? I mean, we will have our own copies, that we can play then, and not wait 4 days.

BladeTurbo said:
why would it be unpleasant for VUG, the stores bought it from them. the stores and VUG are not in competition.

/edit: if i understood the post correctly, if not sorry
Situation will be unpleasant because RANDOM and COMMON people will bring their games home and realise they cannot play them for another five days...and as someone has already stated here, there are tons of people who dont spend half of their lives on the internet and dont know about Steam activation and everything that involves it...

The Mullinator said:
Why? Its kind of obvious hes right. Some people probably have been able to buy it but no one has been able to play it yet, we really would have alot of new screenshots popping up now if someone was playing it early.

I agree :cheers:

Kel Thuzad said:
Situation will be unpleasant because RANDOM and COMMON people will bring their games home and realise they cannot play them for another five days...and as someone has already stated here, there are tons of people who dont spend half of their lives on the internet and dont know about Steam activation and everything that involves it...
i see your point

Im just saying, you guys are just way to hardup to believe this dude. Its just ignorance. He has done everything you told him to do with those pics. Plus, I have other proof that he has the game. ;)

Who cares if they have the game, they still can't play it.

PatrickM from Valve just said
HL2 requires activation and decryption through Steam before you can play. He may have been able to register his cd key in Steam, but he will not be able to play until we have turned on HL2.

Yeah, but as far as we know only a few stores (2 at most currently) have sold one copy of hl2 each. So I'm betting that they won't do anything.

acelesson said:
Im just saying, you guys are just way to hardup to believe this dude. Its just ignorance. He has done everything you told him to do with those pics. Plus, I have other proof that he has the game. ;)

Good for you...

Everyone who preordered HL2 trough Steam has it. WHO CARES.

We can't play until Valve activates it, so you dont' have to hype so much.. yet.

Robert said:
Everyone who preordered HL2 trough Steam has it. WHO CARES.

We can't play until Valve activates it, so you dont' have to hype so much.. yet.

You see, Valve MIGHT unlock HL2 if enough stores start to sell many HL2 copies to random, regular people. Since they know nothing about Steam and the whole activation thing, they'd just get pissed and return it.

Does Valve or Vivendi have any right to stop people who has bought the retail game from playing the game? If it is not stated as a requirement or something like that, they cannot stop the customer from playing it.

Gabe is on the site right now reveing "I Have Half-Life 2" on HLFallout... we will get an answer soon.

Mr. Gabe Newell is currently reading the hl2 early copy post over hl2fallout, so Valve knows about it already.
Now they maybe can release the game for us the fans and give us THE WEEKEND?

Znipper said:
Does Valve or Vivendi have any right to stop people who has bought the retail game from playing the game? If it is not stated as a requirement or something like that, they cannot stop the customer from playing it.

They can stop anyone from playing any of their games, all the customer holds is a license, and VALVe can decide whether or not they will allow them to play it or not.

Kelzoth said:
FFS, they may have it already, but they cant play it. Is this concept so hard for your tiny brains to understand?

Actually, and this isnt publically documented, Valve would only unlock HL2 if a pirated version of it, that was completly finished and playable, leaked out.

Since the above is next to impossible, they stood by there word.

If some hacker posted shots of ingame action ect, and it got alot of internet buzz going, valve would be forced to release it to combat the piracy asfast as possible, regardless of VUG contract.

However, like i said, its not happening, so Nov16 it is. People have the box copy and thats wonderful for them, cause now they dont have to wait on the 16 in store, there where we steam users are at, progress wise.

Anywho, the above information was described in a private internet security forum used by various software engineers/programmers and publishers, for more than just games. The topic came up and one of Valves Development members spoke on the subject as stated above.....

How i know that...dont ask. (dissapears)

Stalker.. ;) hehe, I doubt Valve will release it early. If you stay negative, and something negative happens, you won't be sad. If you stay negative and something good happens, you will be more glad than if you were positive :D

DiSTuRbEd said:
They can stop anyone from playing any of their games, all the customer holds is a license, and VALVe can decide whether or not they will allow them to play it or not.

Not if the release date thing is not stated in the end user licence.

HobbesHax said:
Gabe is on the site right now reveing "I Have Half-Life 2" on HLFallout... we will get an answer soon.
so why doesn't he come here, were much cooler than they are :)

Robert, that is the sickest, most suggestive avatar I have ever seen.

Good job!

Robert said:
Stalker.. ;) hehe, I doubt Valve will release it early. If you stay negative, and something negative happens, you won't be sad. If you stay negative and something good happens, you will be more glad than if you were positive :D

I have always lived by that philosophy.

The only problem is, negative energy slowly consumes you, thus it must be moderated with a stable mind. Good philosophy though :burp:

Back