Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Darkness - 9/10

Good story, great voice acting, intense-as-Hell action, and it looks great.

Forza Motorsport 2 - ?/10

Can't really rate this beause I couldn't even pass the first race. Yes, I suck that badly. Looks nice though.

Shadowrun - 8/10

Counter - Strike with magic, high tech gadgets, and different races.

The Darkness - 8/10

GRAW 2 - 7/10

Forza Motorsport 2 - 9/10

StarWars: Empire at War - 8/10

Epic space battles, good voice acting and good Total War style overview all in real time. Falls down on land battles, the graphics not quite standing up for the cut scenes and limits on what you can deploy at once. When I send a strike group of 27 Victory Class cruisers into combat, I want to use all 27! At the same damn time! :p

But, overall, fantastic game though, and highly reccomended.

Wargasm - 7/10

Good tank driving game. Shame about how infantry are implimented. Solid all round and allows for amusing puns on the name. Any one up for a bit of multiple wargasm?

Max Payne 2: 8/10
Got my old CDs working and played through it again in about 3 hours. Short but sweet. The combat starts to get a bit old towards the end, but the narrative never hits a dull note.

The Darkness: 8/10 Once you get the darkness guns it starts really getting fun, but poor level design along with the all the cliches let it down. Good story however, and the ending is perfect and doesn't feel like its just been tagged on there.

Hitman Blood Money (X360): 9/10 superb game that is only let down by its incredible stench of port.

Prey: 7/10 Fun game, though gets boring after a while and takes a long time to get the cool bits. Not only that, some of the enemies are WAY to overpowered.

GTA 3: 9/10 very very good game and I am still replaying it (its so big).

Mafia: 5/10 what shit IMO.

The Darkness - 8/10

looses 2 marks for the autotargeting which makes it too easy sometimes, as well as the slightly dull level designs and typical streamline approach here and there. Other than that its awesomely original, perfect acting and a seriously cool weirdness to it.

Halo 2 - 9/10

Looking dated now but still one of the best fps ever. Roll on Halo 3

Nope you aint, because I thought it was less than average. In fact I was bored within 10 minutes of gameplay.

FarCry - 9/10

Had it for ages but couldn't really play when I first got it on account of my crappy computer. But I must say, even now, it is a great FPS and the graphics and physics are still exellent. I was really impressed with the AI, although on the harder difficulties, they slightest noise in the distance drives them crazy. Gets pretty god damn difficult towards the end.

Prey - 8/10

The game play is mediocre, the weapons are imaginative in places, and the story is pretty good.

G.R.A.W- 6/10

The SP mode completely sucks but the XBL multiplayer is a quite fun.

Forza Motorsport 2- 8/10

Hard to get used to but once you do, it's hella fun.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one on the ****ing planet who thinks that game was damn average.

Don't worry. I also thought it was mediocre at best.

Max Payne 2 - 8/10

Great action, just more of the first Max Payne to which there is nothing wrong with. Still love seeing the story progress in comic book form, the ending was kinda confusing.

On side note, googled around and there are rumours of a Max Payne 3 as well as a movie based on the games.

I just played EVE Online and I would like a refund of my time and an express written apology from CCP. You'd think a game about spaceships would at least be MILDLY entertaining. Instead I was treated to a snoozefest, the only "good" thing in there--and by good I mean the only part of the game that didn't cause me grievous injury to subject myself to--was the character creator. Everything BEFORE the game itself.

EVE Online - 1/10

Max Payne - 10/10

Now the last time I played the first Max Payne was years ago, and after playing the second I bummed it down to be just like the first. But after finding Max Payne and playing through it again, its soooo much better than the second. The storyline, the action, the AI, to be honest, I think the graphics are better.

Max Payne is still a good a game, but the first is better by miles.

Tomb Raider: Legends (PC) - Two Thumbs Up

The first game in a long while that I have actually loved. It has its problems, like the motorcycling, but it is simple, beautiful, and fun. Just walking about the huge ruins is a blast. Not to mention the game makes you feel a super sexy Bond/India Jones superhero. The story never wanders or gets preachy, a problem that seems to happen in many games trying to be legit, but feels like a great comic book story.

Never played a Tomb Raider before, and in fact I had always been skeptical of the series, now I'm a devout fan of Laura.

I just played EVE Online and I would like a refund of my time and an express written apology from CCP. You'd think a game about spaceships would at least be MILDLY entertaining. Instead I was treated to a snoozefest, the only "good" thing in there--and by good I mean the only part of the game that didn't cause me grievous injury to subject myself to--was the character creator. Everything BEFORE the game itself.

EVE Online - 1/10

A shame, because the ships look so kickass, hell the game itself looks really good overall.

A shame, because the ships look so kickass, hell the game itself looks really good overall.

The game is really cool, and it's EXTREMELY indepth, and the world is player ran.
That throws off a lot of people though

GTR 2 - 9/10

Never really been big on proper racing sims, but I managed to get hold of a wheel and pedals so I thought I'd give it a shot. I've finally started to get the hang of it. It's actually very satisfying to play once you're not smashing into barriers every five seconds. Actually winning is even better, although you have to concentrate so much at times. Just played a 20-lap race on Monza and I feel a bit drained... :p

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri; 8/10 (graphics aren't all there)

Star Craft: Brood War; 6/10 (I'm a star craft fan, but I prefer the original, if only I hadn't lost my disc)

Half-Life; Infinitum/10 (Like you have to ask =P)

Those are the most RECENT, SMAC being the very latest game I played.

Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear- 8/10 (graphics and AI are lacking)

excuse that, my laptop's really old, RB6:RS, is about as good as it gets =(

Bioshock - 9.9/10 (no game other than HL is perfect, but this comes extremely close).

Halo Legendary - 8/10

It's funny, really, how the uber difficult mode can lift what's really a pretty average game into something really quite fun. Gameplay is still mundane, but the combat is superdooper, and although I didn't have much trouble beating it, there was still some tense moments. It wasn't really as hard as I remembered, though.

Just finished my official Pre-Ep.2 playthrough of HL2.

9.5/10... After all this time, the game is still as fun and good-looking as hell. A few slow parts, but they barely detract from the overall experience.

Going through Episode One now...seems like Valve fixed the game-stopping looping sound crash that plagued it the last time I played it(over a year ago).

Bioshock - 100000000/10

Quite possibly the BEST game ive ever played. HOWEVER ive found i couldnt play more than a section in one sitting, maybe because i didnt want to rush it all and wanted to savour the story and moments, or maybe its because its TOO long of a game...not that im complainig though, its about time a game came out that took more than a day to complete!

Call Of Duty United Offensive 9/10

The multiplayer is superb, it's slow when it needs to be and picks up when there's a big fight. The sound effects are spot on and the weapons are sexy. The maps are well thought out and realistic and the vehicles are just right. Bounding round in a jeep with a side passenger (who can shoot) and a gunner on back and coming face to face with the snout of a panzer is somewhat unnerving.

Also, great graphics and effects for its time, if this was revamped with modern looks it would be game of the year all over again.

Call Of Duty United Offensive 9/10

The multiplayer is superb, it's slow when it needs to be and picks up when there's a big fight. The sound effects are spot on and the weapons are sexy. The maps are well thought out and realistic and the vehicles are just right. Bounding round in a jeep with a side passenger (who can shoot) and a gunner on back and coming face to face with the snout of a panzer is somewhat unnerving.

Also, great graphics and effects for its time, if this was revamped with modern looks it would be game of the year all over again.

God I love the Foy map with base assault on... I remember sitting there for a solid week playing that one map over and over.

Also on of my fav's. Playing as an american and moving between buildings with the scope and a bazooka, picking off infantry and blowing up the odd tank in a sneak attack.

**** YES.

Yes, CoD: UO was a brilliant expansion, the single player was outstanding, but the multiplayer was even better. Oh man, I recall some amazing battles on Foy.

People still play that? I've been seriously bored shitless the last few days or so, I think I might have to give it a reinstall.

Foy was damn good, but Kharkov was the shit on a packed server.

UO mp was the shit alright, Foy was great, god i friggin' loved the m1a1 in that game, i was more for the domination gametype myself, similar to Battlefield's flag system. Headquarters was also fun...

cassino, sicily, kharkov were other good maps imo. But there was another russian map, it wasn't kursk but it was similiar, one base/spawn was located at a train station and the other teams in a factory area, you had to drive over hills to get to the other one, there were 2 bridges too that led out of the trainsation spawn.

Metroid Prime 3.

About half way through it. Revolutionizing console FPSs forever. Will NEVER go back to a dual analog shooter...ever. It's a smidge below a mouse for accuracy. Gorgeous graphics....the art design is some of the best I've ever seen. Boss battles have been EPIC. Same Metroid feel, which, IMO, is top notch. So much to do and explore.

The only negative is that we've played this before...2 times. BUT, even knowing that, it's a trilogy so you wouldn't make drastic changes and this should be expected. I wouldn't knock the score down for this.

Best game on the Wii, so far.

9.8/10

UO mp was the shit alright, Foy was great, god i friggin' loved the m1a1 in that game, i was more for the domination gametype myself, similar to Battlefield's flag system. Headquarters was also fun...

cassino, sicily, kharkov were other good maps imo. But there was another russian map, it wasn't kursk but it was similiar, one base/spawn was located at a train station and the other teams in a factory area, you had to drive over hills to get to the other one, there were 2 bridges too that led out of the trainsation spawn.

Ponyri. That map was also the shit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back