Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Army of Two-

DO NOT buy or even attempt to play this game. It's laughably bad. It's everything that sucked about Halo times about 50.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - 8/10

Fun and challenging puzzler with a decent enough story tacked on. The soundtrack is pretty great too, which is surprising considering it's 90% accordion. :|

Crysis - 9/10 - Enjoyed it a lot. A lot more than I expected. Was able to play it on high too, so I'm happy =]

Thief: Deadly Shadows 8.5/10 Played and rate v highly all the thief games.

Earth Defense Force 2017, xbox360 2/10

my friend rented it last weekend cuz he's an idiot

where to start? the game's graphics are at best first gen xbox graphics..the player models are very badly done with disporportionate head to leg to torso ratios ..very very amateurish modeling and to top it off everyone looks the same ..every human looks exactly like you do even your co-op partner. there's also no indicator to let you know which one of the clones is your co-op partner so there's no use in trying to play co-operatively ..the animation is rudimentary at best, the gameplay is pretty much survive wave after wave of insect attacks; it's repetative pretty much from the point you first fire your gun, anything but a rocket launcher is useless, the pic ups (health packs, ammo etc) are ridiculously oversized (the size of the player) ..I realise this is a japanese game made for a japanese audience but goddam the game is bad, probably the worst console game I've played in over a decade

the one redeeming feature was destructible enviroments similiar to Mech Assualt (xbox) ..blowing up buildings is always fun but cant sustain long term interest
Man, what? The game has a horrible engine, and graphics, but I thought it was one of the coolest games I've ever played. It brought my back to the arcade style games, and me and my brother had loads of fun on cooperative.
Did you even unlock some of the weapons? The later assault guns are ****ing deadly.

Army of Two-

DO NOT buy or even attempt to play this game. It's laughably bad. It's everything that sucked about Halo times about 50.
Wut? That doesn't make any sense at all. Clarify for us, the ignorant please. :|

Morrowind - 9/10

Fantastic. For so, SO long I could not penetrate the depths of Morrowind. Having transferred straight from Oblivion, I was stupidly dismissive of the games pace and challenge. I'm glad I went back.

I played a pure mage, and although I'm not finished (there's so much to do D: ) I've been on this more frequently than my newly repaired 360.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - 9/10. I love the game but the 9 is for not having a lot money in the game atm. Still, I won the scenario and have more guests in my park than I did before so that makes up for it.

This is one hellish long thread...

Anyway, Last game I played was Mass Effect, epic game - 11/10.

Another World 10/10

I remember this from when I was kid and omg it's ****ing amazing!

Off-Road Velociraptor Safari: 10/10

Raptor in a sweet hat doing off-road stunts and killing other raptors with a big spikeball on a chain. This is all that is needed to make the best free flash game ever.

Army of Two-

Wat.

Army of Two - 8/10

Suffers from some bad A.I. and a few bugs (head butting, air guitaring loops ftw), but this game is in no way bad. The game places major emphasis on teamwork. It's immensely enjoyable when played with a friend. The graphics at times can look very meh, then it can look great. The weapon customization could have been a bit deeper, but it's satisfying enough to rig a Steyr Aug with a shield and an under barrel grenade launcher or shotgun attachment. Grenades are absolutely useless most of the time, and the difficulty can jump all over your ass. Dialogue can be funny at times, but sometimes it's downright stupid. This game is no way horrible though.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot - 9/10

A game has never made me feel so afraid that I actually waited in one spot listening in for nearby enemies for 5 minutes in a corner before until this game. It's satisfyingly brutal, scary, and it looks great. Can be pretty difficult and unfair, yet at the same time getting your blood flowing when fighting multiple enemies. The forensics no longer feel tacked on and are fully fleshed out now. The number of optiond you are given for some cases such as "what type of blood spray is this" or "was the victim dragged or did he crawl away" give it needed depth.

Death to Spies - 7/10...

Damn hard, but it was fun and it's a fantastic idea for a game that's rarely explored.(WW2 Stealth Games!)

Death to Spies - 7/10...

Damn hard, but it was fun and it's a fantastic idea for a game that's rarely explored.(WW2 Stealth Games!)

Yeah I saw trailer for this not too long ago, I love the idea, a WW2 stealth game. Can you tell us more please?

Team Fortress 2: EPIC UBER AWESOME ROFLCOPTER/10
Undeniably fun AND funny, brilliant graphics and facial expressions, excellent sense of personality and most of all- UNNECESSARY BLOOD 'SPLOSIONS!

Half Life 2 Deathmatch: 7.5/10
Great fun, but compared to TF2 in terms of multiplayer, TF2 wins, no competition.

Half Life 2 Episode Two: One Jillion/10
For me, this was the best experience of The Orange Box. The atmosphere, characters, badass-ness, but most of all, the improvements. However, not as much replay value as TF2.

Audiosurf: 10/10 The most fun I've had with music since I started listening to music. Simply fantastic.

Yeah I saw trailer for this not too long ago, I love the idea, a WW2 stealth game. Can you tell us more please?

It's like Splinter Cell in WW2, minus the acrobatics of course.

If you **** up during a mission, it's your ass... you're not a super soldier, you die in like 3 shots... but so do everyone else.

Missions consist of assassinations, stealing stuff, evacuating POWs and other captured operatives, sabotaging equipment and other stuff.

Graphics are damn good, Splinter Cell Double Agent quality... there was some chop here and there but no too much.

The game really sucks you in too, it was worth the money on my part.

If you **** up during a mission, it's your ass... you're not a super soldier, you die in like 3 shots... but so do everyone else.

Missions consist of assassinations, stealing stuff, evacuating POWs and other captured operatives, sabotaging equipment and other stuff.

Graphics are damn good, Splinter Cell Double Agent quality... there was some chop here and there but no too much.

Interesting I might like get a copy, my rig isn't the best really any more and I don't buy many games for PC, how does it run?

World of Warcraft - 6/10

Despite the amazingly lame user base, which seems to think that Chuck Norris is still funny, and that if they repeat and butcher enough YTMND and 4Chan fads that they'll be even funnier, it's still a decent MMORPG.

"u ned 2 cum wit me cuz ur liek warclock n u heav damnons cuz, ok."

"xxchucknorrisxx - i cure kancer with my taers"
"Ikilludedlol - LOL UR FUNNY"
"Ilovebelfs - OFMG YAH DUDZ LOLOLLLLLLOLOL"

Interesting I might like get a copy, my rig isn't the best really any more and I don't buy many games for PC, how does it run?
Runs very smooth with everything on high with my 7600GSOC and 2gb ram.

Runs very smooth with everything on high with my 7600GSOC and 2gb ram.

Just got the demo( Mission Cannibal), so far so good, just in the base but can't seem to find a way of capturing the General :hmph:

Apparently theres a few unofficial patches out there that add textures(missing Swastikas afaik) and a new one with the original Russian VA's and english subtitles.

Also the sequel is apparently out in Russia this month. Death To Spies: The Moment Of Truth.

Just got the demo( Mission Cannibal), so far so good, just in the base but can't seem to find a way of capturing the General :hmph:

Apparently theres a few unofficial patches out there that add textures(missing Swastikas afaik) and a new one with the original Russian VA's and english subtitles.

Also the sequel is apparently out in Russia this month. Death To Spies: The Moment Of Truth.

Cool, but I'll probably pass on it unless it adds new stuff(perhaps online co-op?)

And rotting in the ground for... 11 years now.

Kicking up a hell of a stench, too.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

7/10

great fun, but not much of an improvement over the first IMO

Grand Theft Auto III - 8/10

Picked it up cheap as chips at an easter sale to tide myself over till IV. Good stuff for the most part, but it's aged like crap and the car physics are pretty horrible.

I would disagree with this. I just finished the demo, and its not much like Splinter Cell at all. If you have ever played any of the Hitman games, then this is pretty much just Hitman in WWII.

And the graphics are definitely not Double Agent quality. They're not bad, but they're not "next gen." I dont know if you played Double Agent with low settings or something, but having just beaten Double Agent, playing with all high settings, and then this game with all high settings, they're not even close.

However, that doesnt change the fact that its a good game (as far as i can tell from a demo) and I'll probably buy it once i have some money.

Went over to a friend's who has a PS3

CoD4: Great stuff, can't wait till I can pick this up on PC.
Warhawk (online): Bleh, too much going on. No interesting or powerful weapons, jets that are just unnecessary, vehicles that explode in seconds, no motivation to do anything, unintuitive interface, clumsy controls. Bad 1st PS3 experience Sony :|

Gothic 2: 5/10
I've only just started, wonder if it's good or not. I started out being shoved into a lame generic looking castle with a lame generic warlock where I left to find myself in the free roaming world of giant walls made of rocks on either side of the path I was on. I now find myself entering a medieval town filled with USAnian accents. Maybe a lot of stuff was lost in translation.

Audiosurf - 7.5/10

It's pretty good, but it kind of gets old fast. But Still Alive is still amazing to play/listen to, as always.

Faces of War - 8/10

I used to be super excited for this game because I loved the prequel (Soldiers: Heroes of WWII) But for some reason I never checked it out. But now I have it, and already beat the German campaign. It's still the same great game but even better. The squad control is awesome, and the AI is better. It also looks incredible but I can't run it that high (overdue for a pc upgrade) I haven't got a chance to play multiplayer with anyone but I did go take a look and I can tell it would be fun as hell just like the previous game.

GTAIV - 10/10

Its so good. I can't wait to see the ending.

Gothic 2: 5/10
I've only just started, wonder if it's good or not. I started out being shoved into a lame generic looking castle with a lame generic warlock where I left to find myself in the free roaming world of giant walls made of rocks on either side of the path I was on. I now find myself entering a medieval town filled with USAnian accents. Maybe a lot of stuff was lost in translation.

It is a six year old game. What was unique and interesting six years ago is tired and generic today. But it does actually get better as you play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back