Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody's Golf, 9/10 - best golf game since Mario Golf on the N64? I think so :)

Good multiplayer on and offline.

It would be the first game I ever considered perfect if it didn't include Spring Mario. But it did.

I must be one of the few that thought Mario's spring suit controlled wonderfully. What really got on my nerves was the bloody music when you put on the ice/fire suits. I agree, though. Mario Galaxy is amazing.

Shadow of The Colossus- 9.5/10

The most refreshing change of gaming I've had in quite awhile. Srsly, I haven't had a game get my adrenaline pumping like this one did in a looong while in fact.

When the one Colossi that swung it's gigantic stone bus-sized club at me, I nearly shitted in my dragon-printed boxers! :O

I quit playing it for awhile as to not finish it so quickly. I only defeated 4 Colossi and I don't want this magnificent title to be over all too quickly.

That's the only reason why I didn't give it a ten was because it's so short with only 16 Colossi.

Assassin's Creed PC 8.5/10

It's nice but a bit less than I was expecting.

Portal 10/10

Can safely say I'm not overeating this. Great atmosphere, gameplay, level design, style, challenge, dialogue, story, humor, replayability, and just fun. One of those games that reminds you what a fullfilling experience video games can give.

Portal 10/10

Can safely say I'm not overeating this. Great atmosphere, gameplay, level design, style, challenge, dialogue, story, humor, replayability, and just fun. One of those games that reminds you what a fullfilling experience video games can give.

I'll just have your cake then :)

cakefl3.jpg

Trilby te art of theft 9/10

As a yahtzee fanboy I had to try this out and it was great, one of the most original games I've played for some time. I can definitely see influences from thief in this. Only complaints are some missions are impossible without certain upgrades which I didn't know first time through and had to start again and the last boss feels out of place and kinda cheap but great game and I may just try out his other games. :D

Completed Prey last night.
Was an ok game overall, weapons were average. Just not challenging at all when you can't die :p
6.5/10

Was worth the $5 I paid for it on steam though.

Burnout Paradise

8/10

frantically fun
the crashes never get old either!

GTA: Liberty/Vice City Stories - Give me GTA IV/10

Good GOD I cannot wait to have (please god) competent controls. And what's with all the lag on a ****ing PSP game? (Played it on PS2)

Trackmania Nations Forever-7/10

Its all jumps and acrobatics, but its all not challenging.

Its worth the 0 dollars that it cost.

GTA: Liberty/Vice City Stories - Give me GTA IV/10

Good GOD I cannot wait to have (please god) competent controls. And what's with all the lag on a ****ing PSP game? (Played it on PS2)

Apparently the controls are the worst bit:

German magazine Games Aktuell is the latest magazine to review Grand Theft Auto IV. Here is their verdict:

* Graphics: 9/10
The gigantic size of the city makes you forget the few graphical imperfections of the game.
* Sound: 10/10
Best GTA soundtrack ever, and probably the most compelling feature in the game.
* Controls: 8/10
Far from perfect but a big step from the previous GTA games.

* Multiplayer: 9/10
Great concept and innovative integration with the single-player mode.
* Gameplay: 10/10
We can't score it 11/10...
* Conclusion:
GTA4 is by far the best action game ever created.

(UPDATE) This review is based on earlier preview sessions at R*. It's not based on the final retail version of the game. It still contains the review screenshots however (the same ones featured in OXM/OPM).

Related Link: GTAForums.com Topic

F.E.A.R - 7/10

I've only played the first hour or so, but here's my opinion so far:

The Good:
-Gunfights. Fighting Replica soldiers is actually fun and challenging, even though I've read most of the challenge comes from scripted actions rather than actual AI. The guns actually feel powerful, and the level design in combat areas only helps the action. Valve should take a look at this game when designing the Combine battles in Episode 3.(Come to think of it, some parts of Ep. 2 felt FEAR-ish, so I guess they're already doing that)
-Lonely and creepy atmosphere between the combat sections.
-Story is meh, but still enough to keep you going.
-Graphics. All our computers are pretty old and so I haven't played almost any newer games, so it's pretty much the best-looking PC game I've ever played.

The Bad:
-Level design outside of combat areas. Extremely bland and repetitive, it's like someone took the "Office Complex" and "Unforeseen Consequences" chapters of HL1, cut them up, and just randomly pasted them all over the place.
-Horror scenes. As much as I love psychological mind****ery, I don't find little girls, disappearing ghosts, or excessive amounts of blood very scary, especially when they're not a threat. They might get better later on, so it might change.
-Pacing. The game seems like it doesn't know whether it wants to be horror or action. It's basically *gunfight* *empty corridors* *horror scene* *gunfight again* with some mixing and matching of that combination. Like Zero Punctuation's review of Perseus Mandate says, you can almost feel when the game goes from "action mode" to "horror mode".

F.E.A.R - 7/10

I've only played the first hour or so, but here's my opinion so far:

The Good:
-Gunfights. Fighting Replica soldiers is actually fun and challenging, even though I've read most of the challenge comes from scripted actions rather than actual AI. The guns actually feel powerful, and the level design in combat areas only helps the action. Valve should take a look at this game when designing the Combine battles in Episode 3.(Come to think of it, some parts of Ep. 2 felt FEAR-ish, so I guess they're already doing that)
-Lonely and creepy atmosphere between the combat sections.
-Story is meh, but still enough to keep you going.
-Graphics. All our computers are pretty old and so I haven't played almost any newer games, so it's pretty much the best-looking PC game I've ever played.

The Bad:
-Level design outside of combat areas. Extremely bland and repetitive, it's like someone took the "Office Complex" and "Unforeseen Consequences" chapters of HL1, cut them up, and just randomly pasted them all over the place.
-Horror scenes. As much as I love psychological mind****ery, I don't find little girls, disappearing ghosts, or excessive amounts of blood very scary, especially when they're not a threat. They might get better later on, so it might change.
-Pacing. The game seems like it doesn't know whether it wants to be horror or action. It's basically *gunfight* *empty corridors* *horror scene* *gunfight again* with some mixing and matching of that combination. Like Zero Punctuation's review of Perseus Mandate says, you can almost feel when the game goes from "action mode" to "horror mode".
The game will give you some jumps, you just wait :cheese:

Ghost Squad, 7/10

It's hard to give this a higher score as it's so short and only really good with a mate along. 2 player is great fun, though, and there's plenty of unlockables to keep you coming back.

Saint's Row - 9 / 10

Pros: Great fun with just screwing around (like all GTA like games)
Ragdoll Physics!
Story! (Not such a bad one, either)

Cons: Glitches galore
Not enough exotic cars in every day suburbia
Brain Dead AI.

Ghost Squad, 7/10

It's hard to give this a higher score as it's so short and only really good with a mate along. 2 player is great fun, though, and there's plenty of unlockables to keep you coming back.
Played this in an arcade not long ago along with Aliens: Extermination. Fun times.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - 7/10

I rented this thinking "Oh hey cool let's hit the Vegas Strip again", but not really. The environments made me want to puke because of how generic they seemed. The graphics seemed to be worse than before (maybe it's just me), but the character models seemed to be a bit more detailed. The inclusion of the P.E.C. and the new A.C.E.S. system into the SP campaign was pretty cool though. The game is just so short and the environments were so boring. I can't be ****ed to go into deep detail with this, but I'll say that the game was still R6: Vegas and I enjoyed it.

i'm bumping Burnout Paradise up to 9/10 because i just got into multiplayer today..... awesome stuff
TONS of challenges, races and the addition of new modes and cars soon=endless fun

The Witcher: not done yet but would currently give it a 8.5/10

Not sure why so many people didnt like it. I find it very enjoyable and the story and characters are awesome.

Team Fortress 2 10/10

I... simply... can't... stop... playing

This concludes my Orange Box reviews:thumbs:

I rather enjoyed Assassins Creed in the small amount of time I played it. Very fun gameplay.

I could see myself randomly killing stuff in that game for a loooooong time

Assasins Creed - Boring/10

Agreed.

Command and conquer 3 8/10 - Good fun, can't say I've really played much RTS before this so I suppose I am free of the westwood EA hate and stuff that I hear about but it's quite fun and enjoyable. Oh and the cutscenes kick ass :) PEACE THROUGH POWER

Command and conquer 3 kane's wrath 7/10 Very similar to before but fun although I think GDI with the MARV take the biscuit this time for being overpowered :O

F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate 7/10

More of the same basically.

A couple of good scripted moments and again a bit more variety in the level design, but the game should have cut out the clone facility at the end because a) There are no new story points that happen here apart from the boss battle and b) the level design in this area is the worst level design I have yet seen in a fear game, and that includes the original.

Besides, didn`t really wrap anything up either, but I was enjoying it up till the clone facility and the combat never gets old for me.

Oh, and not enough Alma.

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic: 8/10

Good game, really enjoyed it. The plot was all right - if a little stale at times - and the gameplay was fine. Could have used a few more quests and what have you; favourite planet was probably Kashyyyk. Manaan had some good quests. And now onto its sequel, the superior game!

Was that your first time playing it?

Also, beware the racing mini-games in KOTOR 2. They're buggy to the point of crashing your game and being completely unplayable.

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic: 8/10

Good game, really enjoyed it. The plot was all right - if a little stale at times - and the gameplay was fine. Could have used a few more quests and what have you; favourite planet was probably Kashyyyk. Manaan had some good quests. And now onto its sequel, the superior game!

The sequel sucks arse.

I thought the sequel was pretty good, but as always, the original was better.

Was that your first time playing it?

Also, beware the racing mini-games in KOTOR 2. They're buggy to the point of crashing your game and being completely unplayable.

No but I played it so long ago that I had completely forgotten most of it. I've played KOTOR 2 as well, but not so long ago.

The sequel sucks arse.

I think it's superior to KOTOR in almost every way.

I still haven't played the first KOTOR but I really enjoyed KOTOR II (even if the storyline seems to have been disregarded by the end of it IMO)

No but I played it so long ago that I had completely forgotten most of it. I've played KOTOR 2 as well, but not so long ago.

I think it's superior to KOTOR in almost every way.

Except the endings make no sense because they cut out huge portions of the game to meet release deadline, as well as the locations really not being a patch on the original.

Not to mention the bugs.

I liked the sequel better too. First one was great, and the second was awesome, even in spite of the bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back