Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, since the thing that Bioshock is often criticized for is the abundance of resources and how easy it makes it.

Indeed, seems like they can't get the difficulty right.
System shock 2 is very challenging while Bioshock is too easy.
In SS2, it's NECESSARY to use the wrench during the whole game because there is a really serious lack of ammo.

Stuntman Ignition - 1/10

easy stunts
generic movies
annoying director

The Constructor is a tad bit of fun.
If you have friends.
and are drunk.

Rain slick precipice (yadda, yadda). 8/10

8/10 for what it is, an episodic game rather than a full game. Pretty enjoyable overall and amusing in places and certainly a superior product to the Sam & Max episodic games, which although I own the first series of, have never felt the urge to fully finish. It's a fairly slick production overall and worth the $20 is you can spare it, and are a fan of the comics, though that's not a definitive requirement. There's about 8 hours of play in there if you take your time, 4 -5 if you speed through on a replay. The combat is pretty tactical, and one thing you should do is try and get as many overkills as possible (destroy an opponent with a fully performed special move to gain permanent damage points).

Rain slick precipice (yadda, yadda). 8/10

8/10 for what it is, an episodic game rather than a full game. Pretty enjoyable overall and amusing in places and certainly a superior product to the Sam & Max episodic games, which although I own the first series of, have never felt the urge to fully finish. It's a fairly slick production overall and worth the $20 is you can spare it, and are a fan of the comics, though that's not a definitive requirement. There's about 8 hours of play in there if you take your time, 4 -5 if you speed through on a replay. The combat is pretty tactical, and one thing you should do is try and get as many overkills as possible (destroy an opponent with a fully performed special move to gain permanent damage points).

Nah, going of the first episode of this, even though enjoyable, I have not been compelled to play very far due to the nature of walk, fight, walk, fight and so on, where as so far, seasons 1 and 2 of Sam And Max, I have played through to completion.

Sam And Max every time for me.

Nah, going of the first episode of this, even though enjoyable, I have not been compelled to play very far due to the nature of walk, fight, walk, fight and so on, where as so far, seasons 1 and 2 of Sam And Max, I have played through to completion.

Sam And Max every time for me.

You playing the demo or the game?

You playing the demo or the game?

The game, I've just encountered the Mimes, whcih I will admit are pretty funny in their attacks, but in the end it just boils down to walk, fight again.

Maybe just not my kind of game, I prefer adventures to RPG's, hated Freedom Force too.

World In Conflict - 10/10

Best RTS i have ever played.

I only tried the demo of WIC but I wasn't too impressed really. Although this comes from the guy who also doesn't like starcraft or warcraft.

Some people think i don't like rts but I like cnc, civ and sins of a solar empire

Well its just the flow of combat that I just adore, the way the story and missions are set up is very realistic, the effects and the battles are fantastic. Even the cut-scenes were exellent. I would have gave it 9/10 for saying that it could have been made harder at times as I found myself reloading a few times but I think thats just because Ive played a shit loada RTSs before. But this is on par with, if not better, than CoH in my opinion, a lot less frustrating too.

Barbie Adventures 6: The story of Prince Ken

Best story EVER! 10/10

The singleplayer is far too short and to get a skirmish going is a nightmare of frustration, it simply refuses to either;

-let you ADD an NPC side logically
-when you do get a side going they dont do anything
-you then get kicked to spectator

Which is just, frankly, an extremely stupid thing to put in an rts.

YES its supposed to be a multiplayer game and it does it bloody well, but come on, not everyone has the will to sit through lag or even has a decent bband connection yet.

Sometimes its nice to sit against the computer you know? What were they thinking.

Still, apart from that, truly epic game. When all that ordinance goes off simultaneously its a true sight to behold.

Its the same with many rts games though, including CoH, sometimes you join a game and you just sit in lag for about an hour and have to quit, truely frustrating.

Orange Box = 9/10

Loved it tons but kinda gettin bored after 4th week of straight play.

STALKER - 7.9/10...

The excess of load screens and sometimes minute long load times are the main killer for me.
Doesn't help that most quests require you traversing all the way back to the rookie camp trader to claim a reward or something.
And the AI in the game is pretty dodgy.

Aside from that it's fantastic and great fun.
The atmosphere alone makes the game.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - 6.5/10.

Rehashed sound effects, rehashed textures (with a few new shaders thrown in), rehashed gameplay to the max, rehashed weapon addons and instead of being able to select several weapons from the start, you know have to achieve unlocks (For example: Shooting people in the back gives you Assault points, Killing a guy at close range nets you CQB points and killing a guy at long range gives you Marksman points).

Together with all that, you can now customize your character using various protective gear. You can choose between heavy armor that slows you down or go for light armor with high mobility. Other armor is unlockable and protects virtually exactly the same. Other clothing items can also be unlocked like gas masks, bandanas, sunglasses, etc.

The story is as cliched as ever, you can see the plot from miles away (when it actually rears it head, usually you're just shooting through shitloads of baddies that MG your ass from miles away). In short, the only thing you do is start a level, kill baddies, defuse a bomb / rescue hostages, get to a new level and hear a snippet of convo during the chopper ride and begin again.

A big plus though is that you can play it in coop with 4 friends. Which is nice, because the majority of the time your AI allies will do some pretty stupid shit like throw a handgrenade into a brick wall that is 5 feet away from them. Together with your friends you can actually flank the enemy. Well, you can do that with your AI team aswell, because whenever a remotely difficult part comes up, the radio operator magically pulls up a schematic of the building (and only for that part!) and informs you of a handy vantage point from where you can kill all the baddies.

Oh, and there is almost no mouth animation. Whenever a discussion takes part, the characters just open and close their mouths like a fish. Oh, and the sound bugs that were in the original Rainbow Six: Vegas are still there.

They're lucky I'm a sucker for any form of (seemingly) tactical combat.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - 6.5/10.

Rehashed sound effects, rehashed textures (with a few new shaders thrown in), rehashed gameplay to the max, rehashed weapon addons and instead of being able to select several weapons from the start, you know have to achieve unlocks (For example: Shooting people in the back gives you Assault points, Killing a guy at close range nets you CQB points and killing a guy at long range gives you Marksman points).

Together with all that, you can now customize your character using various protective gear. You can choose between heavy armor that slows you down or go for light armor with high mobility. Other armor is unlockable and protects virtually exactly the same. Other clothing items can also be unlocked like gas masks, bandanas, sunglasses, etc.

The story is as cliched as ever, you can see the plot from miles away (when it actually rears it head, usually you're just shooting through shitloads of baddies that MG your ass from miles away). In short, the only thing you do is start a level, kill baddies, defuse a bomb / rescue hostages, get to a new level and hear a snippet of convo during the chopper ride and begin again.

A big plus though is that you can play it in coop with 4 friends. Which is nice, because the majority of the time your AI allies will do some pretty stupid shit like throw a handgrenade into a brick wall that is 5 feet away from them. Together with your friends you can actually flank the enemy. Well, you can do that with your AI team aswell, because whenever a remotely difficult part comes up, the radio operator magically pulls up a schematic of the building (and only for that part!) and informs you of a handy vantage point from where you can kill all the baddies.

Oh, and there is almost no mouth animation. Whenever a discussion takes part, the characters just open and close their mouths like a fish. Oh, and the sound bugs that were in the original Rainbow Six: Vegas are still there.

They're lucky I'm a sucker for any form of (seemingly) tactical combat.

Agreed completely, I spent ?35 on this game because it got quite a few decent reviews and I was in the mood for a tactical shooter. A game filled with meh.

Full Throttle - 10/10
Really good atmospere.The first adventure I don't want to finish.I want to play again and again and don't use the walkthrough.I can forgive this game everything.It's my new Favorite.

Portal - 10/10
This is awesome!

The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion - Gold Edition - 10/10
The world.Just the big world you won't leave.

Star Ocean:The Second Story - 9/10
When I played this one I realised that I just love real-time battles.

Half-Life 2:Episode 2 - 9/10
A really stunning shoot-and-kill game.You're on the meat party!

Boom Blox, 9/10.

Boom Blox is so simple and so fun that for a while you'll wonder why we haven't been playing games like it for years. Then you'll realise that it just wouldn't be possible without the Wii. Not only is it superb in a traditional party gaming sense, it's also one of the very, very few games that everyone, regardless of age, gender, or whether they play video games or not, will love. A must own if you have a Wii and a pulse.

Boom Blox, 9/10.

Boom Blox is so simple and so fun that for a while you'll wonder why we haven't been playing games like it for years. Then you'll realise that it just wouldn't be possible without the Wii. Not only is it superb in a traditional party gaming sense, it's also one of the very, very few games that everyone, regardless of age, gender, or whether they play video games or not, will love. A must own if you have a Wii and a pulse.
I keep hearing the multiplayer is awesome, is it any fun with just 2 people?

I keep hearing the multiplayer is awesome, is it any fun with just 2 people?

Totally. It really shines with 4 player sessions and big groups of ppl taking turns, but 2 player is a blast. Single player is varied and surprisingly good also.

Cool. Have to be careful about what I buy as I can never find any Wii games in the video stores here. Guess we're pretty much the only place the Wii didn't take off.

What kind of crazy outback Wii-less place do you live in??

Be warned that if you do pick up Boom Blox you may seriously **** your arm up. After a weekend of furious gaming I can barely lift it up and am now forced to play left handed.

Aliens Vs Predator 2 - 6/10

It was much more fun the first time playing through. A few years later, and the knowledge of what happens, it has kind of lost it's spark. I still want to get MP going.

This.
I got 9819 out of 10000 needed for the damn medic achievement before time ran out. I hate the timer.

I just got around to getting the new syringe gun. Enjoying medic a lot more lately, but I doubt I'd be able to get the kritzkrieg.

Aliens Vs Predator 2 - 6/10

It was much more fun the first time playing through. A few years later, and the knowledge of what happens, it has kind of lost it's spark. I still want to get MP going.

MP can be fun when you get through the terrible netcode.

Star Wars Empire at War - 8/10...

Fun, played it nearly nonstop.
Campaign was pretty hard as everything was happening in real-time, the galactic portion atleast.
Should've been turn-based imo.

Land battles aren't anything special really, it's basically just rush the enemy with every single different unit you have.
Space battles are awesome and actually require a bit of tactics.

TF2 on Xbox 360 - 8/10

Would be better if, ya know, Goldrush and all the other stuffs got released. Still a fun game, better on PC, if only my PC could run it :/

Psychonauts - 9/10 Finally tried it again, and it's possibly the best Adventure game evar. All of the characters are loveable(except the ones you're supposed to hate.) and all of the levels and inspired and unique. Lungfishopolis was hilarious! D: As was The Milkman conspiracy... but horribly frustrating. That Bonaparte guy's head was neat.. like a board a game...
I've begun to struggle near the end, though.

Have you seen large bear with skin where hair should be?

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - 6/10

Picked up the collectors edition for 20 quid at GAME. The graphics were naff, my graphics card being a tad sucky I guess, random lag especially indoors was pointless, the way the game played just seemed bleh. TBH I would just download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, not fancy graphics but your computer will almost assuredly play fast and the gameplay is chaotic, fast and fun.

Personally, I'm just gonna go play Halo 3 on xbox, same sort of scenario, alien invasion of Earth, but good graphics and gameplay without the greif, I am not suprised PC gaming is dying.

How the hell would Quake Wars show that PC gaming's dying?

Aside from performance issues, it's a great 'sequel' to Wolf : ET, I'd go and buy it right now if I didn't have so much other shit to do... all from the awesome demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back