Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
lo what you lol'd there.

Alone in the Dark - 5/10

Piece of shit really. OH HEY LOOKS PHYSICS AND FIRE RAWR MOVE THAT OBJECT WITH THE RIGHT STICK BUT HEY IT WORKS LIKE MUD IN A COW'S ASS RAWR. Don't play this game.

Battlefield: Bad Company

SP - 8/10

Funny dialog, good characters, BOOM BOOM BANG DNJKSHFSJKDHFES KABOOOOOOOOM LOL.

MP - 8/10

Fun. ****ing DICE reset everyone's ranks and unlocks last night for some God damn reason, this better not be ****ing permanent. At least they didn't reset the dog tag collection.

Universe At War: Earth Assault - 7/10

Neat RTS.

Nope. Both of them are 10/10 as far as I'm concerned. I do like DOD 1.3 better, but each of them is a stellar game in its own right. I was responding to all the people saying DOD:S is a terrible game, they're either unable to see past their own bias or they just didn't give it enough of a chance.

Frontlines - Fuel of War - 6.5/10

Relatively crappy Battlefield clone but has some potential for enjoyment. The whole time I've played it I just wanted to reinstall BF2 though. Not worth buying.

Or we just have a difference in opinion?
I don't enjoy wrestling with my mouse to get kills with the MP40 or Thompson. :|

You might not like it that much, but it doesn't mean it's terrible. Give yourself time to get used to the guns, they act very differently from old DOD... they're really very separate games, there's considerably more difference between DOD and DOD:S than there is between CS and CS:S. All I'm saying is that if you like DOD, I find it hard to believe you can't like DOD:S after getting used to it.

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point - 8/10

Much more varied and, may I say, better looking environment compared to the original. Nice scripted sequences too. Story was pretty... eh, what the **** is going on? The new weapons were solid, especially the minigun and the sentry gun drones you could use to help you out in difficult situations. The new enemies were also quite nice, especially that huge walking mech you encounter.

Also contains one of the best on screen death scene of a character in any game. Whoa, that was ****ing nasty.

Now... on to Perseus Mandate.

You might not like it that much, but it doesn't mean it's terrible. Give yourself time to get used to the guns, they act very differently from old DOD... they're really very separate games, there's considerably more difference between DOD and DOD:S than there is between CS and CS:S. All I'm saying is that if you like DOD, I find it hard to believe you can't like DOD:S after getting used to it.

I've tried to get used to it since it was released.
I'm not someone who just jumped in on a free weekend, I was very much looking forward to finally playing DoD for the next gen(of that year).
And I was severely let down.

Well, I fully respect your right to your own opinion :p

but why?

Half Life.
9/10.

I decided to sit down and play this all the way through again, with as much attention to detail as I could. It's damn fun, and the mark off is simply for the feeling I sometimes got of just being forced through puzzle after puzzle.

Crysis - 7/10

Stunning visuals (running on High), but started feeling apathetic towards the end of the game. Still, better than most FPS'.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 11/10

If any of you have played through this til the (very) end, you will likely agree with me that it is clearly one of the most impressive and awesome videogames in the history of videogames. It owes a lot to its predecessors in the series, but this final journey for Snake is one of the most polished, replayable, incredibly beautiful, detailed, and well-thought-out games that I can think of. I cannot wait to play again going for the Big Boss emblem (under 5 hours, no contiunes, no health regains, no alerts, no kills). Should be kick-ass. Just thinking about how insanely righteous the final boss battle is gives me gooseflesh!!!

DOD:S, 7.5/10

I bought this just now, and it was money well spent. I find the graphics pretty good and stuff, but it just seems really hard to master. There should be more classes, and some of them can become useless. Still, when you do things properly it is fun and intense.

The Witcher - 4/10

Props for graphics, props for voice acting, props for the sounds of an epic story in the works but IT'S ALL FOR NAUGHT BECAUSE THE GAME IS NO FUN.

The Witcher - 4/10

Props for graphics, props for voice acting, props for the sounds of an epic story in the works but IT'S ALL FOR NAUGHT BECAUSE THE GAME IS NO FUN.
Finally someone.

The Bourne Conspiracy
- 6/10

Sometimes brutal combat, meh gunplay. What was the ****ing point of the driving section?

The Witcher - 4/10

Yeah, from what I got out of the demo it felt like a ****ing chore to do the combat.

The Witcher - 4/10

Wat? For me it was... Did you finished it?

OF COURSE NOT IT WAS NO FUN TO PLAY.

If a game is not fun to play I AM NOT GOING TO GRIND MY ****ING WAY THROUGH IT.

Unless I was a videogame reviewer, like Yahtzee. BUT ONLY THEN.

Jintor, are you Yahtzee? You little ragamuffin, you.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 8/10

Finally picked it up FOUR ****ING MONTHS after the rest of the mother****ing globe, but I got it and it's awesome. Great fun, some nice new events and characters.

Sub space emissiary (or whatever the hell it's called) is a bit of a pointless and drawn out annoyance, I would rather have seen something closer to Melee's adventure mode. However, the early DK levels that played like Donkey Kong Country were superb, it was like being back on the SNES. :D

Lol I agree Cormeh, I'll give Brawl that rating to. Pity my brother stole my Wii and went off to Malaysia, otherwise I'd trade Friend Codes.

/EDIT Yahtzee lives in Melbourne, lol.

OF COURSE NOT IT WAS NO FUN TO PLAY.

If a game is not fun to play I AM NOT GOING TO GRIND MY ****ING WAY THROUGH IT.

Unless I was a videogame reviewer, like Yahtzee. BUT ONLY THEN.
Oh ok. That explains a lot.

Yeah, The Witcher is a game you got to put time into it. As it does start really slow. But i'm suppose i'm one of those who prefer story over game play. I can make sacrifices over the game play if the story is really good.

We own witcher... I wonder if I should play it.

I have so many other games to play still... Mass Effect is one of them.

I would wait for the Enhanced patch that comes out in September before playing. If you got other games like Mass Effect, play them first. The patch will really improve the game a lot, and it's free.

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point - 8/10

Much more varied and, may I say, better looking environment compared to the original. Nice scripted sequences too. Story was pretty... eh, what the **** is going on? The new weapons were solid, especially the minigun and the sentry gun drones you could use to help you out in difficult situations. The new enemies were also quite nice, especially that huge walking mech you encounter.

Also contains one of the best on screen death scene of a character in any game. Whoa, that was ****ing nasty.

Now... on to Perseus Mandate.
I enjoyed the first FEAR, but it didn't perform well enough for me to warrant purchasing the expansion pack(s), and believe me, I know all the tricks in the book to squeeze the most performance out of any computer.

It's just that there's nothing I hate more than butchering a game's special effects and graphics because my shitty comp can't cut the mustard. :p (I ran the first game on mostly high settings, but without soft shadows.)

I enjoyed the first FEAR, but it didn't perform well enough for me to warrant purchasing the expansion pack(s), and believe me, I know all the tricks in the book to squeeze the most performance out of any computer.

It's just that there's nothing I hate more than butchering a game's special effects and graphics because my shitty comp can't cut the mustard. :p (I ran the first game on mostly high settings, but without soft shadows.)

If you ever get a good computer I'd recommend Extraction Point. Hell, I even liked Perseus Mandate which received mainly poor reviews for "resembling the original too much".

And of course there's also Project Origin to look forward to. :D

I would wait for the Enhanced patch that comes out in September before playing. If you got other games like Mass Effect, play them first. The patch will really improve the game a lot, and it's free.

I admit that I might have been spoiled by having only really played through Half-Life 2 (and Episodes), V;TM, Mass Effect, and Bioshock in the last year or so. What this meant was that when in The Witcher whenever people spoke they almost literally froze in position and only their mouths moved, something inside my head just went 'click!' and I threw my hands in the air in disgust. After a year of natural body movement when npcs talk, The Witcher seemed unnatural.

And of course the interface was highly confusing and the combat was not very fun, but to be honest I didn't even finish the prologue, so I'll give it another chance when the patch comes round - hoping by the gods that it fixes the bloody people-turning-into-manniquins-when-they-talk thing.

From what I could see the story looked... well, let's not say kick-arse, but it looked decent. Although I can't stop giggling every time somebody says 'witcher' - it sounds so lame! :3

I admit that I might have been spoiled by having only really played through Half-Life 2 (and Episodes), V;TM, Mass Effect, and Bioshock in the last year or so. What this meant was that when in The Witcher whenever people spoke they almost literally froze in position and only their mouths moved, something inside my head just went 'click!' and I threw my hands in the air in disgust. After a year of natural body movement when npcs talk, The Witcher seemed unnatural.

And of course the interface was highly confusing and the combat was not very fun, but to be honest I didn't even finish the prologue, so I'll give it another chance when the patch comes round - hoping by the gods that it fixes the bloody people-turning-into-manniquins-when-they-talk thing.

From what I could see the story looked... well, let's not say kick-arse, but it looked decent. Although I can't stop giggling every time somebody says 'witcher' - it sounds so lame! :3
The prologue (and demo) is awful, it really is. Its confusing, the voice acting is rubish and the motivation to beat the game is not there, its understandable that bored you. But if you have the pacience to pass the prologue you'll see that is a good game.

I really would wait, and try again with the patch. Since the patch is free you got nothing to lose. The Enhanced patch will improve character animations, so hopefully they won't be like mannequins. It still won't match HL2 standards, but it will be more realistic than it is now. The interface ,especially the inventory is getting a major overhaul. Some of the dialogues is being rerecorded, so hopefully it won't sound so bad now. Apparently the English translation in the original wasn't great so they are redoing a lot of it. If you play it now, you are likely to be disappointed as it does have quite a few defects, which prevents you from appreciating the game.

Like Berto said, you gotta get past the prologue at least. Like most RPGs, The Witcher starts really slow, and it trains you in all the boring stuff. But once it gets going, it's really good. You just got to give it time and patience.

I was also a little pissed at the way I had to sit through... 10 minutes, fifteen minutes worth of cutscenes before I could even play? Ah wells. Maybe everything after Castle FailWitchAssault is much much much better.

If you ever get a good computer I'd recommend Extraction Point.
All I really need to beef up my PC is a new video card. My current card(s) are a pair of SLI 256MB 7600GTs. Not enough for today's current game lineup, and barely even plays FEAR like I want either.

Too bad I don't have a single f**king dime to my name right now. :(

All I really need to beef up my PC is a new video card. My current card(s) are a pair of SLI 256MB 7600GTs. Not enough for today's current game lineup, and barely even plays FEAR like I want either.

Too bad I don't have a single f**king dime to my name right now. :(

Know how you feel, wanna really beef my computer up now since its been almost two years, but not a drop of cash on me at the moment, but job interview on friday so if all goes well I should be able to upgrade before september.

Company of Heroes - 8.5/10

Good single player campaign, good graphics, good gameplay, relatively realistic representations of WWII vehicles and weapons, haven't tried multiplayer yet because i'm scared.

Metal Gear Solid 3: 8/10
I played that recently too actually, and I give it a 5/10.

What kind of special force GI changes his clothes on the fly like some kind of f**king dress up Army Ken doll? :LOL:

+5 for good graphics, good gameplay.

-5 cheezy BDU dress-up thing.

BTW, this is the only MGS I've ever played in my life.

Know how you feel, wanna really beef my computer up now since its been almost two years, but not a drop of cash on me at the moment, but job interview on friday so if all goes well I should be able to upgrade before september.
Good luck mate! ;) If all goes well with my "A" schooling after NAVY bootcamp, I plan to save up for a PS3.

Devil May Cry 4 - 8.5/10

What a ****ing port, Capcom are back on the ball, bring on Street Fighter 4!

Frontline: Fuel of war - 8/10
Fun and fast paced. felt it was missing something though..

Bioshock - 10/10

Still in Arcadia, the game hasn't gone down the crapper just yet

MGS4- 7/10

Grats to Konami at making this the most fun MGS yet...when you actually are playing it. Remember when everyone bitched about how annoying Navi was in OOT and then Nintendo added not one, but TWO fairies who were TWICE as annoying in the next game? It's like Konami did that with cutscenes. Also, instead of a cool cold-war esponiage story like MGS3, this game focuses on genetics and fate and blah blah I don't care. I'm only a few hours into it so maybe it gets better, but so far I'm dissapointed.

:dork:
It will.....

when?

I'd like to change my review of Alone in the Dark from a 5/10 to a 0/10.

**** this piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back