Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man 8/10 - Very entertaining although somewhat predictable, and I found the acting to be quite lacking in some parts (especially Gwyneth Paltrow).

Iron Man-

Plot- 8/10
Effects- 10/10
Cast- 9/10

9/10 Robert Downey Jr. makes a superb performance in one of the best superhero movies of all time.

Apollo 13 - 9/10...
I was actually required to watch this movie and answer questions and to write a report on it for my astronomy class.
I've never even watched it before this, even though I've seen it on TV a few times.

Fantastic... wish there were more movies about our space programs of old.

Batman Begins - 8.5/10 - Great movie, enjoyed it a lot. Really looking forward to the next one.

Blood Diamond - 8/10

Enjoyable. Di Caprio was great I thought. Ending was a bit too mushy for me.

Batman Begins - 8.5/10 - Great movie, enjoyed it a lot. Really looking forward to the next one.

Am watching this tonight. :D Can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Getting pretty pumped for The Dark Knight so I think it might be best I see the first, heh.

Am watching this tonight. :D Can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Getting pretty pumped for The Dark Knight so I think it might be best I see the first, heh.

First time I saw it too, also in preparation for The Dark Knight :p

I'm surprised you'd be hyped for the Dark Knight without having seen it.

Secret Window - 5/10

Good acting but a few cliched moments and a predictable and drawn out ending.

I'm surprised you'd be hyped for the Dark Knight without having seen it.

It looks badass, 'nuff said. :p

That, and I'm a big fan of the Joker and Harvey Dent, and to be quite honest with you, I still to this day have no idea what Batman Begins is about or what villian it centers around, which is why I made no effort to see it. Don't get me wrong, I would of loved to, I just... didn't. :/ I don't think I had the time and I never even read anything about Begins on the 'net or otherwise.

Guess I was under a rock or something.

It looks badass, 'nuff said. :p

That, and I'm a big fan of the Joker and Harvey Dent, and to be quite honest with you, I still to this day have no idea what Batman Begins is about or what villian it centers around, which is why I made no effort to see it. Don't get me wrong, I would of loved to, I just... didn't. :/ I don't think I had the time and I never even read anything about Begins on the 'net or otherwise.

Guess I was under a rock or something.

I never knew anything about it either but I saw it just because it was Batman movie with Christian Bale and Michael Caine. :p

Dark City - 9/10

One of the best Sci-fi movie of 90's. The scenes of John Memories in movie it's absolutely stunning.

AvP2 - Requiem, 5/10. How to take a creature as cool and as fearsome as the Alien and castrate it into something completely forgettable. No tension and not punctuated with enough cool moments to alleviate the boredom.

//edit - better than the first tho

Watched a late night 'Catch Me If You Can'. 'Twas a really good movie, lots of little stinging tricks and full-out bluffing that just shouldn't have worked.

8.5/10

No Country For Old Men - 8.5/10

Awesome movie with superb directing, but the ending was very confusing.

Event Horizon (1997) - 4/10

Cool idea for a story, but the end result doesn't live up to the promise. The acting is bad, the story doesn't build very well, the ending is crap, and the science is stupid.

I thought Event Horizon warranted a 6.5/10 at least, it was pretty entertaining and had some memorable actors even if it was a bit silly and on the other end of the spectrum from Sunshine insofar as realism/technological believability is concerned.

Here're two classics I've only gotten around to see the last week:

Goodfellas - 7.5/10
An good movie, no doubt, but I was rather disappointed at it. To me, it didn't stand out particulary from other Gangster movies. Sure, Joe Pesci is a lot of fun, but it lacked any real character development.

Apocalypse Now Redux - 10/10
Holy mother of God, one of the best movies I've ever seen. A real masterpiece, a work of art. The acting is phenomenal. I haven't seen the original cut, do you people think the added material made the movie richer or slowed down pace?

AvP2 - Requiem, 5/10. How to take a creature as cool and as fearsome as the Alien and castrate it into something completely forgettable. No tension and not punctuated with enough cool moments to alleviate the boredom.

It's a VS monster mash movie. Drop any pre-conceptions of how it should play out compared to a single franchise Alien Or Predator film, then watch it for what it is, you'll probably find it more enjoyable that way...well I did anyway.

Also....Yes, leaps above the first one :)

I didn't approach it with lofty preconceptions (that's hard after seeing the first), but would have liked a little tension, perhaps some scares. Like Transformers, it could/should be much better. A throwaway cashing in.

Here're two classics I've only gotten around to see the last week:

Goodfellas - 7.5/10
An good movie, no doubt, but I was rather disappointed at it. To me, it didn't stand out particulary from other Gangster movies. Sure, Joe Pesci is a lot of fun, but I lacked any real character development.

Apocalypse Now Redux - 10/10
Holy mother of God, one of the best movies I've ever seen. A real masterpiece, a work of art. The acting is phenomenal. I haven't seen the original cut, do you people think the added material made the movie richer or slowed down pace?

As far as Goodfellas go, anything lower than a 10 is unforgivable. :p

Imo, the added scenes to Apocalypse Down did slow it down, but not in a bad way imo.
I think it added to the story as a whole... the added scenes were fairly interesting too.

I honestly can't say anything bad about it as it's my favorite movie of all time... I could literally watch it over and over back to back without getting sick of it.

I thought Event Horizon warranted a 6.5/10 at least, it was pretty entertaining and had some memorable actors even if it was a bit silly and on the other end of the spectrum from Sunshine insofar as realism/technological believability is concerned.

The highest I'd rate Event Horizon is a 5. It's a 4 because it's the first film where I'm deciding to make full use of the numbers 1 through 4 on a 10-point scale :p

Actually I agree with The Monkey on goodfellas. It's a good movie but I don't see the universal appeal behind it. 7.5/10

I would take a point off Apocalypse Now and give it to Goodfellas :p

I didn't approach it with lofty preconceptions (that's hard after seeing the first), but would have liked a little tension, perhaps some scares. Like Transformers, it could/should be much better. A throwaway cashing in.

That's what I mean, you were wanting scares and tension, from a movie series that is now at least, primarily and action series.

Explain my boredom then. It wasn't a good action movie.

If I want that i'll watch Robocop :)

Flash Gordon 8/10

Badly made in pretty much every respect, but damn enjoyable.

GORDON'S ALIVE!?

Explain my boredom then. It wasn't a good action movie.

If I want that i'll watch Robocop :)

I thought I just did, you were waiting for something that was never going to come, and as an action movie it did deliver, by waiting for scares and tension, you`d set yourself up for an entirly different film.

Transformers 3/10

This is one of the rare gems that I cannot stomach to sit and watch through the whole thing. Boy this movie was retarded beyond belief.

Ending was bit cool, rest is just crap!

A vs P2 - Requiem : 4/10

Flags of Our Fathers - 8.5/10

Wow, not what I expected at all, thought it would be a flag-wave fest(erm no pun intended). Really good story, some memorable scenes, particularly when 'Doc' found Iggy f.e I thought Eastwood handled that really well.

Some very disturbing scenes too, when they entered the caves and found the Japanese soldiers who had commited suicide with grenades :x

Looking forward to watching Letters now.

AVP2 - 5/10 - Meh, was an ok action flick. Didn't care about a single character, but as some mindless fun its ok-ish.

I thought I just did, you were waiting for something that was never going to come, and as an action movie it did deliver, by waiting for scares and tension, you`d set yourself up for an entirly different film.

We're going to go in circles forever. As an action flick it failed for me. Fullstop. I certainly wasn't expecting anything other than a throwaway vs. movie, yet it still didn't deliver. You seem to be suggesting tthat there's no place for tension in an action movie btw, which is odd. Terminator, Predator, Robocop, you name it - all these movies keep you on the edge of your seat. That's what makes them good action movies as opposed to crap ones.

It should have been exciting when the Predator and Aliens clashed. There should have been some build up, perhaps even a few charatcers that were remotely interesting. I mean come on, the original Predator is hardly high brow stuff - it's just a alien shooting movie - but it was made well. AvP 2 wasn't.

Iron Man - 9/10

Yeah, awesome. It wasn't just awesome, it was mind-blowing simply because it outranks pretty much every super hero movie I've seen in the last 4 years and it felt like a breath of fresh air. Well, Spiderman really haha, but yeah, it was done so much better. Downey is just simply brilliant.

That said, I saw Batman Begins today, and that was a damned fine movie, too. 8/10.

Flags of Our Fathers - 8.5/10

Wow, not what I expected at all, thought it would be a flag-wave fest(erm no pun intended). Really good story, some memorable scenes, particularly when 'Doc' found Iggy f.e I thought Eastwood handled that really well.

Some very disturbing scenes too, when they entered the caves and found the Japanese soldiers who had commited suicide with grenades :x

Looking forward to watching Letters now.

Letters was even better. I think a lot of people thought the Flags of our Fathers would be a "**** yeah! America! whoooooo!" movie. But its pretty much the opposite.

Alien - 8.5/10. After seeing Aliens, how could I give this a higher score? Aliens was superior.
Aliens - 10/10. Far and away one of my favorite movies of all time. Just when you think its over, WHAM! it slaps you in the face with a massive rubber chicken and makes sure that you're down.

Shark Attack 3--4/10
It was horribly cheesy and low budget but john barrowman's acting was great

Transformers 3/10

This is one of the rare gems that I cannot stomach to sit and watch through the whole thing. Boy this movie was retarded beyond belief.
I think of Transformers as the Independence Day of the 2000's... but I happen to love both movies. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back