Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XxX2

6/10 for it's stupid un-real jumping sequence.
anyone knows a cs-type movie? like cool shooting and stuff?

Munich 8/10.

Great film, but a little too long. And whats with the end sex scene?

Underworld 2 - 7/10
it was "meh" for me through out the whole damn movie

Porco Rosso: Interesting take on a romantic, inter-war age of pilots. With a Pig as the central character. Strongly concerns itself with two Miyazaki hallmarks: flight and feminism. Wonderful animation, but lacking in raw explanation. A little quirky, but still very good. 8/10

Pom Poko: What is probably a remarkable film rendered slightly incomprehensible by a massive cultural divide. Simply one of the most bizarre movies i've ever seen. Rampant use of shape-shifting testicles being the main symptom. Climatic scene tugs at the environmentalist heart-strings you never even knew you had. 7/10

Vanity Fair- yes a chick flick period piece i guess so i was watching it with mostly chicks, based on a classic novel(which i havent read), good performances particurly(imo) rhys-ifans as the loyal Dobbin, jonny rhys meyers as the tortured soldier, gabriel byrne as the cruel art collector(coolest actor never to have played James Bond) and the gorgeous Romola Garai...

Fun With Dick and Jane - 6.8/10

Over the top Jim Carrey is best left in the past. Although the person I went with made up for it. :)

life is beautiful 20/10
a must see! wonderful movie...

EDIT: FOR ****'S SAKE I SHOULD GET OVER THE THREE DOTS ENDING...

Platoon - 9/10... A classic telling of the nitty gritties of Vietnam.

Apocalypse Now Redux - 9/10... Even moreso, Although Platoon's a tad more realistic.

We Were Soldiers - 5/10... Mel Gibson is Mr Invincible!... This movie even offended my dad whom is a Vet.

Hamburger Hill - 8/10... Very brutal and violent... but a classic none the less.

Serenity:
Well if you've seen (and liked) the TV series, then it's awesome. A brilliant end to the series in my opinion

The perfect mix of the suspense, terror, laughter, tears, and just downright awesomeness that you saw in the series is still there. No doubt though, if you saw the series, that you've seen the movie since it is the actual ending, so you can't miss it. See it. And if you haven't seen the series? Then watch it!

Plot: 8/10
Action: 8/10
Comedy: 9/10
suspense: 9/10
Annoying parts: 1
Easter eggs found: 1
EDIT: Bah spoilers don't work. If you want to know PM me :p

Princess Mononoke - 9/10

Awesome, especially the archery parts.

jerkasaur said:
like you don't like that kind of scenes...
Have you seen the film? If you have, you'll know what i'm talking about.

Jarhead 9/10 Fantastic film, echoes of classic Vietnam war films, and for me the idea that war never changes..

Fight Club 10/10 Awesome film, love the books by the author, so it was kinda a given ;)

Brokeback Mountain 10/10 Just simply tragic ;(

The 40 Year Old Virgin 2/10 Tripe. And what the **** was with the ending?

Requiem for a Dream - 10/10

perhaps one of the best movies about addiction ever, and besides that, the director is the same guy who did Pi (meaning the movie was bound to be awesome from the start)

besides, this movie has jennifer connelly, who has to be one of the most attractive women ever, and she shows a fair bit of skin in this one

Brokeback Mountain - 8.5/10

Wasn't even close to shedding a tear. I don't see why it's a "cryable" movie. I Am Sam had me closer to tears.

The Promise 1/10

about a slave..... and a girl..... and a general..... which sucks....

DO NOT WATCH THIS. Its chinese (meaning that the people fly around and its all fantasy)

15357 is a racist.
ssh.gif

Meh, We Were Soldiers is alright. I'd give it six out of ten.

I never had a problem with that movie. Theres certainly been worse, and if the problem is "inaccuracy" (either perceived or real) then theres been MUCH worse.

Harold and Kumar Get The Munchies - 8.5/10

lolipops

Sulkdodds said:
15357 is a racist.
ssh.gif

Meh, We Were Soldiers is alright. I'd give it six out of ten.

No, you secret nazi sulkdodds. I was just pointing out that lots of chinese films have people flying around.

Elektra - 7/10
Decent action movie... Jennifer Garner in a tight red corset <3

Freaked - 4/10
The make-up and stuff was neato...

Beetlejuice - 8/10
Hilarious and dark... Definitely one of Tim Burton's best.

A Bronx Tale - 9/10
Great story of a kid growing up in a bad neighborhood. Definitely a ying and yang type movie.

Saw II - 5/10
The first one was awesome but this was'nt just as good

Aeon Flux - 3/10
Did'nt understand a shit of it

American Pie II 2/10 - Simply rubbish, shit humour - would have been much funnier when I was younger :p

Brotherhood of the Wolf - pretty good, 7/10

The 40 Year Old Virgin - 9/10, God damn I've never laughed so hard before...

American Pie Presents... Band Camp - 1/10, ...I don't know why I even saw this movie.
The only redeeming quality was the T&A.

Eck I hated 40 Year Old Virgin :|

American Pie: The Wedding - 1/10 worse than the second one.

Final Fantasy Advent Children
gets 9/10 for bring back old ff7 memories and coolness

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 9.5/10
One of the best movies I've ever seen. It's hard to pinpoint why, it's just extremenly ingenius. And the entire cast is excellent, especially Bill Murray.

Icarusintel said:
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 9.5/10

That film is so ****ing awesome. I mean, the sheer crazy mass of random ideas it packs in - like the pirate attack and the bit where they ransack Jeff Goldblum's base.

"Don't be nice to Jeff. He's my arch-nemesis."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back