Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crushenator 500 said:
Final Destination 3 - great film :D
Joke?!

Kingdom of Heaven - 7.5/10... Awesome action sequences, but the historical inaccuracies, Orlando Bloom, and the constant slow-motion crap just kill it for me.

Mysterious Skin - 9/10

probably one of the toughest watches in awhile, a uncomfortable, sad, moving, brutal(at times) film dealing with pretty serious subject matter involving child sexual abuse and how two young men deal with it each in their own unique ways...

great performances by the two male leads Neil(Joseph Gordon-Levitt, 10 Things I Hate About You, 3rd Rock From the Sun) and Brian
(Brady Corbett, Thirteen)...Elisabeth Shue and Michelle Trachtenburg of buffy fame make recognisable faces although Shue isnt used much tbh...some scenes might be a it much for some to take but its well worth seeing it to the end imo, great soundtrack too, it'll stay in your mind after...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0127609-2876671?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

Dog Soldiers - 7.5/10 - Not a bad movie, a bit cheesy in parts but i enjoyed watching it. Pretty gory too :D

Kill Bill - 8/10 - Awesome movie. Awesome fight scenes and some pretty cool anime :D

Leon - 9/10 - Awesome. I'm sure you all know why ;)

Alien - 9/10 - Freaking sweet. I love this movie and setting of the movie is just awesome.

Aliens - 8.5/10 - I didn't find this one as good as the first one. But it's still an awesome movie.

Final Destination 1 & 2 - 8/10 for both - Brialliant movies. And some of the deaths are awesome :D Going to see the third one wednesday :)

I brought a few DVD's the other day :p

lol Pink Panther. For a PG movie it was pretty funny. They made a lot of jokes that had references to things little kids wouldnt get. 9/10 i give. Only problem was the kid sitting next to me kept asking his mom about stuff when he didnt get it. "Mommy why was everyone laughing when the guy was bent over that one girl?" Ah and then there was a lot of old people too which was sorta weird.

Alien 3 9/10? Ouch. I'd give it 5/10, personally. They kinda took a shit on the whole series.

I liked Alien 3. Everyone always hate on it. Just like Godfather Part III.

Rumble Fish 9/10. I stayed away from this movie because I thought it'd be like the Outsiders with all the hammy acting and such. But, this film is excellent. I especially like what he did with the black and white and using color in some parts.

madog said:
lol Pink Panther. For a PG movie it was pretty funny. They made a lot of jokes that had references to things little kids wouldnt get. 9/10 i give. Only problem was the kid sitting next to me kept asking his mom about stuff when he didnt get it. "Mommy why was everyone laughing when the guy was bent over that one girl?" Ah and then there was a lot of old people too which was sorta weird.

it cant possibly compare to the original Peter Sellers movies ..I like Steve martin, but inspector clouseau, he's not

CptStern said:
it cant possibly compare to the original Peter Sellers movies ..I like Steve martin, but inspector clouseau, he's not
Seriously, Peter Sellers IS Inspector Clouseau... simple as that

I liked the third Alien movie.
I also likes Alien Resurrection - 9/10 - I love the Alien movie series.

9/10 for AR? :O
Insane. Daft script and plot.

Samons score for AR: 4/10

Transporter 2 - 7.5/10... Action, action, and more action. I love my random explosions and kick ass fights and insane stunts... This was short and sweet.

Alien 3 - 3.5 / 10... Meh, idea was alright, but the execution? not so much.

Alien Resurrection - 2/10... No redeeming qualities what. so. ever.

Commando - 1986 with arnie.
I give it a 7/10 for sheer amusement.
So tacky and so 80's action it's just funny, the one liners are something else.
I actually bought the DVD version to watch it because i knew it'd be funny.

short recoil said:
Commando - 1986 with arnie.
I give it a 7/10 for sheer amusement.
So tacky and so 80's action it's just funny, the one liners are something else.
I actually bought the DVD version to watch it because i knew it'd be funny.
hehe i love when these type of films are on tv, navy seals was on the other day here with charlie sheen and michael biehn from terminator one, it was so gung-ho and cheesy that it was ridiculous, i enjoyed it though :D

I don't need the knife Matrix! I could shoot you between the eyes, I'll shoot you between the balls!

:LOL:

Ahhhh... great stuff.

Aye,

Leprechaun 6 - Back to da Hood!

-11/10

Ouchies. We thought the title would make it laughably good, in a bad way. So wrong. :|

Cormeh said:
Leprechaun 6 - Back to da Hood!
|
Theres an actual movie called that?

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - 6.9/10. Not the greatest Kevin Smith movie, but enjoyable nonetheless. Anyone else looking forward to Clerks II?

Harryz said:
Theres an actual movie called that?

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - 6.9/10. Not the greatest Kevin Smith movie, but enjoyable nonetheless. Anyone else looking forward to Clerks II?

Of course. Did you see the trailer?

Skaadi said:
Serenity 7/10

Meh
I really don't see how you can give something a 7/10 and say its "meh".

4 or 5 outta 10 is "meh" because its the equivalent of 2/ 2 and a half stars. Anything 6+ is "good" because its 3 stars. Therefore 7/10 should be "quite good".

Make sense?

You also have to account for the hype factor and competition in the genre, among other things. A lot of people (mostly geeks) made Serenity out to be Jesus returning to Earth in sci-fi movie form. Plus, the viewer is probably going to compare it to the big sci-fi classics. Taking those into consideration, I can see how a 7/10 could generate a "Meh."

Sin City : Deluxe, Uncut, Unrated, Extended Edition - 100/10...

Oh man oh man... This is easily the best DVD purchase I've made in quite some time.
The short stories that fit into the movie's original storyline are so awesomely made...
The making ofs are quite in depth...
The commentary is quite professionally done not just actors and directors giggling at everything like drunk retards.

I highly recommend that if you bought the original DVD, trash it and buy the deluxe edition. :D:D:D:D

But that description sounds like it would be more like 3 stars. Its probably just me being all picky and everything but when i compare your ratings against others i can't tell whether you think a movie is good, alright or fantastic. Confuses the heck outta me

Crash - 6.5 / 10
The Weather Man - 7/10
Scarface - 8.5/10

Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-rabbit 10/10
Serenity 8/10

Sparta said:
But that description sounds like it would be more like 3 stars. Its probably just me being all picky and everything but when i compare your ratings against others i can't tell whether you think a movie is good, alright or fantastic. Confuses the heck outta me

Eh, a lot of the time I just cant be bothered to write what i think, so 'meh' acts as a substitute.

Hotel Rwanda: 9/10

Very touching. Some funny parts.

Hot Shots! and Hot Shots! Part Deux - 9/10

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. It's always nice to rediscover movies you haven;t watched in a while and realize how good they are. Some of the stuff in there is just so damn funny.

Azumi: 9/10
Azumi 2: 7/10

Fantastic movies based off of the Manga. Follows the young assassins Azumi and her friends, ordered to kill the three most notorious warlords in feudal Japan. Stylish swordplay and fightscenes - the bodycount for the first movie is probably somewhere in the high 300s.

I watched Azumi yesterday :) - was good fun, 7/10

On valentine's me and my better half went to see Final Destination 3 - cheesey date movie with superb deaths (really, I haven't cringed at the cinema for years) 7/10

Yeah, my friend lent me Azumi some weeks back, haven't had time to watch it yet.

Cube - 7/10. I personally thought the ending was weak.

Lost In Translation - 8/10

Amazing movie :D

Silent Hill - 9/10 ( pre rated ) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back