Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*rubs eyes and sighs*

I feel sorry for Neeson's reviewers. Just because the story is a bit meh doesnt mean it cant be a great film. Maybe its a bit mindless, but if you want that you can just watch...err...90% of the films released these days.

Princess Mononoke - 8/10

Excellently animated, wonderfully scored. Further displays Miyazaki's obsession with giant amorphous humanoids. I'm too tired to write further, but it's just as good as Spirited Away/Howl's Moving Castle.

Punisher Warzone 9/10

Now this is how a punisher film should be, with an uncompromising Frank Castle who doesn't care who dies as as long as they have broken the law, with Stevenson making the best Punisher yet.
Plenty of gore and blood also mean it's not afraid to be like the comics.
With Ray Stevenson saying he'd like to do more, I'm hoping we see more like this.

Agreed. Straight out of the comic book, with no pretensions to being realistic and I liked Stevenson as the Punisher, even though he isn't required to do a lot in the acting dept. Also how gory?

@ĐynastҰ

No ones raging on Neeson (he's great as always), but the rest of the cast of Taken were pretty meh, and the plot had holes in it big enough to drive a tank brigade through. Fortunately it's also full of no brainer kick ass action, much like Punisher warzone tbh. For a popcorn movie that's no bad thing.

Redline - 0.5/10

holy crap I think this is the worst film I have ever seen. It makes fast & furious look like The Dark Knight. I love how cars going 210mph are passing minivans like they're going 75mph, but I'm sure that's just some theoretical physics thing about time slowing down the faster you go...or something.

Of course I always love downshifting during drag races, and how nitrous gives you an extra 140mph of top speed...to hell with gear ratios! But you better be careful, because if you use nitrous your car will fly into the air and explode on impact, giving you JUST enough time to tell your brother you love him.

There's so much more, it was such a bad movie, but it was like viewing a train wreck....I just couldn't turn away.

grave of the fireflies 9/10

I've wanted to see this for a long time and have now just watched it.

I've never cried at a movie so much in my whole life :(

Redline - 0.5/10

holy crap I think this is the worst film I have ever seen. It makes fast & furious look like The Dark Knight. I love how cars going 210mph are passing minivans like they're going 75mph, but I'm sure that's just some theoretical physics thing about time slowing down the faster you go...or something.

Of course I always love downshifting during drag races, and how nitrous gives you an extra 140mph of top speed...to hell with gear ratios! But you better be careful, because if you use nitrous your car will fly into the air and explode on impact, giving you JUST enough time to tell your brother you love him.

There's so much more, it was such a bad movie, but it was like viewing a train wreck....I just couldn't turn away.

This just shot to the top of my must-see list.

WALL-E - 10/10

Holy shit, what a film, I can't believe I've waited so long to see it. Probably the best animated film I've ever seen. The animations were stunning and the comedy and romance perfect. The ending could have afforded to last a couple of extra minuted, but it hardly matters.

Punisher Warzone: 2/10

The first action sequence left my face mangled in a petrified expression of disgust. Absolutely terrible. If thats what the Punisher is supposed to be, then I'm glad I only wasted 45 minutes of my life on it and never looked it up in more detail. Not even Titus Pullo could make it decent. And hes blessed by gods.

Punisher Warzone: 2/10

The first action sequence left my face mangled in a petrified expression of disgust. Absolutely terrible. If thats what the Punisher is supposed to be, then I'm glad I only wasted 45 minutes of my life on it and never looked it up in more detail. Not even Titus Pullo could make it decent. And hes blessed by gods.

If you've never even looked at the comics then this film would have gone way over your head.

Breach - 6.75/10

Ryan Phillippe must be one of the most boring actors in history. He's got the looks but no acting skill to make himself a huge film star.

This Film is Not Yet Rated - 7/10

Not the most effective documentary I've ever seen, but it was certainly interesting, and a bit of an eye opener. Could have used more facts and less naming names.

Princess Mononoke - 8/10

Excellently animated, wonderfully scored. Further displays Miyazaki's obsession with giant amorphous humanoids. I'm too tired to write further, but it's just as good as Spirited Away/Howl's Moving Castle.
You had me until the last part. I could write an essay on how horrible Howl's was (besides the animation, but that's standard Ghibli fare).

grave of the fireflies 9/10

I've never cried at a movie so much in my whole life :(
Damn I need to watch this again...

Dara O Briain Talks Funny: Live in London - 10/10

Hilarious.

Redline - 0.5/10

Agreed. I hate racing shows where they see the guy going faster than them, so they down shift and PUNCH IT, and instantly start going faster.....

DO DIRECTORS HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DRIIVVEE??!! *head asplodes*

I'm more amazed at how many gears most cars in movies have... like 8 or 9.

Vexille 5/10

crap! Appleseed 1 and 2 are so much better than this shitpile. The second girl Maria would have made a better star of the movie, plus it was so damn weak and uninspired. Some of the CGI was good, but everything was lifeless and the soundtrack only had like 1 or 2 good songs. highly forgettable

The Wrestler - 7/10
Great acting by Rourke, the whole thing felt really believable. Not really sure what to make of it tho, were we supposed to feel sorry for him or something? He effed up alot and deserved what he got. Also, tits.

3:10 to Yuma - 6/10
Most of the movie was actually pretty good. The good guy and the bad guy were both played well. I hated the ending tho, felt totally faked just to drive home the message or whatever. Why would the bad guy shoot his men? They busted ass to save him.

I actually loved that ending. Also, you may want to use tags. Also, if you're thinking of them in terms of good guy and bad guy, it's probably not a good indicator to you picking up on the meaning of the ending. Also, the ending is taken from the original movie.

Also, I hate also.

25th Hour - 8/10

Seen it twice, still don't really know what to make of it.

Arrested Development Season 1 9.5/10

watching each episode with a friend we both could not stop laughing. its so pointlessly funny and every scene is an embarrassment for someone. i hope you all give it a try if you haven't

Starship Troopers 3 - 8.5/10

AHHH I'VE GOT "ITS A GOOD DAY TO DIE" STUCK IN MY HEAD SOMEBODY HELP ME AHHrhghgh

Ahem. I loved this. All the superbly bad acting (actually, not so much as expected), superbly bad story, superbly bad graphics. Awesome. Unfortunately, they seem to have cut down on the action and explosions... So points off for that. Also portrays awesome, ideal goverment, so points for that..

Damn it I can't stop humming "When duty calls you pay the price". I think I'm going insane (more than usual).

. Also portrays awesome, ideal goverment, so points for that...

Ideal awesome government? The Federation sends in waves and waves of badly armoured soldiers with rubbish weapons to fight ignorantly against an enemy they dismiss as stupid. The entire movie is basically saying how batshit crazy the Federation is.

Don't get me wrong, I love that film for all it's mindless and **** YEAH moments of people getting ripped apart, but on the flip side it's meant to be portraying a much more serious message which I presume is from the book which I have yet to read. Stupid Waterstones and not having it in stock.

Exactly. I love that batshit crazy goverment. It's like the fascistic goverment from idiot hell of my dreams :p

Although I think I have a post a few hundred pages back on how stupid and inane the federation was after watching ST1.....

Oh, I just realised your post was about ST3. My bad. Still, though... those guys are nuts. :p

Wasn't a huge fan of ST3, though it was miles better than ST2 but how hard can that be.

Fearless.

Pretty predictable. Just a higher budget redo of an independent chinese film.

6/10

ST2 was just too bad, because it rid itself... of the things that made ST1 bad, and good. ST1 & 3 is like a comedy (might not have been intended). But 2 seems to have gone too serious, which made it a awful movie.

What I'm trying to say through my ramblings is that what makes Starship Troopers good is the same thing that make Warhammer 40K good/god****ing awesome.

What I'm trying to say through my ramblings is that what makes Starship Troopers good is the same thing that make Warhammer 40K good/god****ing awesome.

I can agree with that. Starship Troopers is everything the Cadian Imperial Guard vs Tryanids fiction/fluff all rolled into one movie. Love it.

Death Race - 7/10

SO AWESOME.

Ending was corny as ****.

Seven Pounds - 10/10

Brilliance. Complete brilliance.

Ill second that.

Seven Pounds - 10/10

Will Smith in a completely different light. He's actually acting now and not just blowing shit up.

Even better than his Pursuit Of Happyness, he's getting better.

Letters From Iwo Jima - 7/10
Kin Dza Dza - wtflol/10
The Basketball Diaries - 6/10
Izgnanie - 10/10

oh my god starship troopers 2. i have it on DVD.

its pure awesome and by that i mean its pure shite.

Kung fu hustle 8/10

The Departed 10/10 i dont think ive ever wanted a character to die so much, really sucked me in.

Walk Hard - 8/10

I really enjoyed this movie. John C. Reilly is fantastic.

Rocknrolla - 8/10

Hard to figure out what I didn't like about it, think it was mostly the main baddie (Tom Wilkinson). Loved him in Michael Clayton and he was ok in Batman Begins, this just didn't do it for me. But it's decent enough overall it's hard to knock off too many points just because of him. I guess it gets bonus points for Guy Ritchie, but it certainly ain't no Snatch.

And bleh, forgot to actually rate In Bruges before, I put it around 9.6/10. Only taking off points because I couldn't understand a word that chick said half the time. At least in her into scene where she was explaining the dream sequence. Have seen it probably 10 times minimum and still have no idea what she said.

Uzumaki - 5/10

Some nicely shot pieces and suitably creepy effects, but all in all a pretty weak adaptation. The ending was awfully handled (even moreso than the manga). Girl who plays Kirie is super-cute.
picture.php

twelve monkeys 9/10

need to watch it again. confused me cos i wasnt paying attention.

Haha, I think you need to be paying a LOT of attention, or maybe be psychic, to really get that movie the first time through. I know it took me a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back