Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 1 was good. Season 2 was OK...a little over the top..but still not bad. Season 3 was WTF crazy stupid. At least it ended on a note that I found good.

yeah i heard the 1st season was the best but oh well, i got them cheap on amazon and I'll probably hold onto them for a while

Also Big Fish was a great movie, I enjoyed it and its amazing story

I remember watching a few episodes of Roswell but not being hooked by it. You guys should check out the tv show Undeclared, it's only one season (all of which is streamable on Youtube iirc) and it's goddamn hilarious.

The idea of Samon, all serious and dour-faced, sitting down to watch Romancing the Stone really tickles me.

lols. My fondest memory of the film was the bad dude getting his hand ripped off by the croc. I knew what to expect, and it wasn't shitty or anything like that; I'm trying to remain consistent in my scoring. ;)

Caddyshack - 8.5/10...
Still hilarious and definitely one of Bill Murray's best movies.

Okay, Romancing the Stone -- 5/10. 4 is too harsh, even for me, when taking the film into context. It is pretty fun, and though I only watched it for childhood kicks -- and I obviously wasn't as rewarded as I might have been when watching it on the couch with my mam -- the nostalgia was trippy.

King Kong Remake - 6/10

Too long, too self-indulgent, and too much slow-mo.

yeah i heard the 1st season was the best but oh well, i got them cheap on amazon and I'll probably hold onto them for a while

Also Big Fish was a great movie, I enjoyed it and its amazing story

Oh, it wasn't bad enough where I wasn't going to watch it. Still one of my favorite TV shows to watch. I'm glad I purchased them.

I haven't seen it, but I don't think that counts for much really. The "X may suck, but at least it's better than Y" argument never does.

King Kong has the best special effects in any movie that I've seen to date, but dear God, the slow mo scenes make it nigh unwatchable that and the fact that it takes an hour or so to actually get to the good shit.

Watchmen - 8.5/10...
Excellent, my only gripes are the opening fight which was absolutely unnecessary(Blake should've just got the shit kicked out of him from the get go) and most of the music was completely out of place.(99 Red Balloons during the dinner scene made me wtf)
Other than that, I'll be seeing it again for sure.

The Fountain: 8/10
What a wonder of a movie. Everything is so lush. One of the stand out things was Hugh Jackman's acting. I didn't know he could act before watching this movie.

Role Models: 7/10
The beginning dragged a lot, but the last half had a lot of laughs.

City of Lost Children - ???/10

What the **** did I just watch.

Zero Day - 7/10
... better than I expected, uncannily realistic

Yeah, it's largely based off the actual events but with some creative license taken. The characters heavily resemble Harris and Klebold and the movie is presented through a bunch of home recordings they made, mostly based on the tapes found after Columbine, and then through surveillance video for the actually shooting segment. It's extremely realistic, the actors are quite capable (although it took me about half the movie to come around to this opinion) and whoever wrote it thoroughly understands what was going on there.

Definitely somewhat disturbing, and as far as Columbine/school shooting movies go I'd say this is the most realistic, although the Gus Van Sant movie Elephant is more depressing / emotionally effective in my book.

Christ, I saw Elephant on IFC a few weeks ago.
I felt extremely uncomfortable while watching it though, kept thinking "This is way too f*cked up for me.", and yet I couldn't stop watching.
Movies based around school shootings are borderline unwatchable for me.

Sunshine - 9/10

A part of me always wants to ridicule this movie to death for how batshit crazy it is and with the unnessecary entrance of Captain Crispy and the sudden jump towards a horror thriller in a abstract core of a nuclear bomb, but then it's also all so very awesome at the same time, no matter what the hell is going on.

Got it today for ?3, thought it was about time I picked it up. Gonna buy Children of Men tomorrow because thats another film I love and need to buy.

I felt extremely uncomfortable while watching it though, kept thinking "This is way too f*cked up for me.", and yet I couldn't stop watching.
Yeah, I'll agree with that... the whole notion of school shootings bothers me very deeply. That's probably why I have a morbid fascination with it. I just can't understand how someone could be so consumed by hatred and anger that they could do something like that.
Sunshine - 9/10

A part of me always wants to ridicule this movie to death for how batshit crazy it is and with the unnessecary entrance of Captain Crispy and the sudden jump towards a horror thriller in a abstract core of a nuclear bomb, but then it's also all so very awesome at the same time, no matter what the hell is going on.

Got it today for ?3, thought it was about time I picked it up. Gonna buy Children of Men tomorrow because thats another film I love and need to buy.
Hell yes. Sunshine deserves a 9/10 despite the Pinbacker nonsense. The psychological thriller part of it is just so unnervingly intense and excruciatingly well-done that it makes me shudder. The ending with Pinbacker's involvement is meh, but the very last scene after he's gone is epic as ****.

The soundtrack for Sunshine is also one of my favorites.

the girl who leapt through time 9/10

Still a ****ing outstanding movie :D

Zero Day - 7/10
... better than I expected, uncannily realistic

Ditto, quite a good movie. In some crazy ironic way it makes shit like this much harder to believe when presented so realistically.

8/10

The Beach - 7/10

First half (up until the Scandinavian dudes got shark-attacked) 9/10... second half 5/10. I still managed to come away liking this movie, but I think Danny Boyle could have thought of a much better second half without getting into all the weird shit.

That film was amazing. Loved it. Strong and realistic.

Sunshine - 9/10

The soundtrack alone gave it a 10/10 for me.

Sunshine - 9/10

I liked the character of Pinbacker, but the way Boyle shot that last third was excruiatedly disorienting.

The Green Mile - 9/10
I cried. Ending drags a small bit though.

Moulin Rouge - 0/10...
I watched it for 10 minutes before contemplating suicide.

in no way does jacksons version beat the original. the 1933 original. this is a classic, the remake is already forgotten
The 1933 version is such a drag. I fell asleep halfway through. The acting is terrible.

Holy moley folks, y'all better duck and cover! I think someone just broke the stupid barrier on this forum.
What are you talking about? Have you actually seen the movie? A few of the old classics, such as Casablanca, live up to the reputation, but most of them don't.

Halflife2.net - Removing the right to have an opinion since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back