Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanic - 7/10

Good film, but you know, had to dock a point due to the sheer length of the actual sinking -- there's a point where you're thinking "okay, we've had the locked door scenario already, let's get on with it." But hey, weep, weep.

The Lookout - 8/10

It was a good movie, didn't really like any of the actors and the plot was really predictable but otherwise i liked it.

Titanic - 7/10

Good film, but you know, had to dock a point due to the sheer length of the actual sinking -- there's a point where you're thinking "okay, we've had the locked door scenario already, let's get on with it." But hey, weep, weep.

Haha. I dunno, I think in that respect the movie was quite accurate, given that the Titanic sunk over the course of several hours (on my birthday no less) and quite a lot of people died due to being locked below deck. I can't realistically judge any movie with Kate Winslet though, especially not one where she gets gloriously nekkid.

Haha. I dunno, I think in that respect the movie was quite accurate, given that the Titanic sunk over the course of several hours (on my birthday no less) and quite a lot of people died due to being locked below deck. I can't realistically judge any movie with Kate Winslet though, especially not one where she gets gloriously nekkid.

Sure, but you know, accurate =/= fun. And yes, Kate, mmm. Billy Zane was also excellent in this movie as the bourgeoisie douche.

King Kong (Original) - So much better than the Jackson remake/10

It's great that the all-white crew (having attempted sign language with the black natives and made funny noises -- "First time they've seen gun powder, Ha!") discovered the Island, and just started shooting everything that moved.

Bronson 6.5/10

Kinda enjoyable but t just felt like there was no flow and just set up pieces for him to get into a fight (I don't know the story of bronson i'll admit). Matt King who was advertised as a main part was in it for like 20 minutes tops and also the level of violence seemed quite extreme and out of context even for the subject matter at hand :|

Solaris (2002) - 5/10

Now for Tarkovsky's.

I've got Solaris and Stalker both ready to watch, never gotten into Tarkovsky before and my hopes are high.

The Science of Sleep - 7.5/10

Soredemo boku wa yattenai - 9/10

Quite eye-opening... Good ending too.

Darkman - 7?/10

Not a bad movie, but it does have Liam Neeson in it and I like the majority of the movies that he plays in. action was good, special effects were meh, but the stunts were amazing! i love older movies with real explosions and stunts. also it was made in 1990 with Danny Elfman on music so it sorta reminded me of the Batman soundtrack and the Dark Knight stole a scene from this movie...can't tell you which one but you should watch this movie because its still kinda cool

Sunshine - 8.5 / 10

Contrived, unrealistic, but so damn beautiful and awe-inspiring at times.

Dr. Strangelove 9.5/10

Ahahah, oh god, I loved it. Brilliant. I have to get my hands on a wheelchair, that costume would make for an awesome halloween project.

Synecdoche New York

A really, really, weird movie. I don't know whether I hated it or loved it. It's by the guy who wrote Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Adaptation, and Being John Malkovich. I recommend everyone at least attempts to watch it...

1/10 or 10/10 can't decide.

Mutant Chronicles - 8.5/10

This was really good. Action and effects were like Sin City. Thomas Jane is kickass as always. I surprised I've never heard of this movie until now. It's good.

Before Night Falls 8/10

Biopic about the Cuban writer Reynaldo Arenas starring Javier Bardem. Very gripping movie.

Watchmen - 5.5/10

Saw this tonight and I can't say I enjoyed it very much. Probably worth noting that I don't know shit about the comic, so maybe that factored in somewhere. Basically I just thought it dragged on for faaar too long, the use of slow-motion in every other scene got irritating very quickly. If you sped up all the slow-mo sections into real-time this movie would be 90 minutes long - I just can't see any justifaction for it to be pushing nearly three hours. Granted, there were some cool action sequences, but I really wasn't a fan of just the whole look and feel of it. The soundtrack was questionable to say the least, and the story, acting and romance subplots - meh. Rorschach is awesome though.

Walk Hard - 8/10

Really funny but it felt like it was dragging a bit towards the end.

Knocked Up - F***ing hilarious/10

Watchmen: 7.5/10. It was an excellent movie but it was just way too damn long. Some stuff felt like it could have been left out and cut the movie time in half.

Whatever happened to intermissions?

Groundhog Day - 9/10

One of my most favorite movies. Wish it had more adult themes though, delving more into the darker side of human nature and what people might do in that sort of situation. Where he would discover what a monster he can become given all that lack of responsibility.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang- 8/10
From Dusk till Dawn- 7.9/10
Alien- 9.5/10
Girl Next Door- 8.7/10
Burn After Reading- 6.7/10
Green Street Hooligans- 8.2/10

Jurassic Park - 8.5/10...
Classic, the book is way better though.

Cleopatra - 6.5/10...
Could've been so much better, it had some damn epic moments but it was really... way too ****ing long.

Your Welcome America 10/10

Oh god that was hilarious. gg Will Ferrel.

At first I skimmed over this. Then it hit me. The Disney movie?

MulanDVD.jpg

Let's get down to business, to defeeeeat the Huuuuuuns! Did they give us daughters when we aaaasked for soooooons??

Mulan ****ing rules.

Let's get down to business, to defeeeeat the Huuuuuuns! Did they give us daughters when we aaaasked for soooooons??

Mulan ****ing rules.

Damn straight it does. I love the painting the advisor has on his desk of him and the Emperor. The Emperor is all regal and what not and the advisor has the big goofy smile and is pointing at the Emperor like "HOLY SHIT, it's THE EMPEROR!"

Awesome.

Mission: Impossible III - 7/10
JJ Abrams' mystery box in very well done action ride.

Mulan ****ing rules.

**** yes.

House of Flying Daggers - 7/10

Karate Kid - YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back