Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requiem for a Dream
9/10

How perfectly depressing. The ending was absolutely amazing.

The Pacifier - 4/10

Back in my day, Suburban Commando and Mr. Nanny were two of the many films the kids lapped up. Hearing that this movie was pretty much Mr. Nanny with Vin Diesel I couldn't resist. Not in anyway was it good for me, but I think I can see the appeal to younger audiences.

Cormeh said:
The Pacifier - 4/10

Back in my day, Suburban Commando and Mr. Nanny were two of the many films the kids lapped up. Hearing that this movie was pretty much Mr. Nanny with Vin Diesel I couldn't resist. Not in anyway was it good for me, but I think I can see the appeal to younger audiences.

He also copied straight from arnie by doing that movie. Remember back in the 90's late 80's? Arnie did all the Terminators, Predator, Commando and then Total Recall (all ma+15, r18 movies) then he went and did a kids movie. Twins.

The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift - 6/10

The ultimate (teen) street racing movie returns, slightly better than the earlier movies.

Inside Man - 7.5/10

Typical heist movie, kind of intresting, but not very surprising.
Nothing extraordinary.

Idonno >_< said:
SuperMan Returns 8.5/10

It was ok.
Man oh man. Idonno, please don't take offensive as i don't mean it, but to people out there who rate movies 8.5/10 and then give their reasons as "meh" or "it was ok" or "Not bad", please give some more reasons as to why you're rating the film as an 8/9/whatever when the only things you say about them are mediocre things.

If its not bad please give it something like 6 or 5/10 instead of an almost perfect score in terms of movies.

Anywho.

Equilibrium : 7.5/10

Good film. Tends to drag just a little but otherwise its pretty entertaining and got some pretty cool action sequences.

Superman Returns: 7.5/10
Pretty good for a Superman flick. Saw Superman 3 the other day on TV.....eccch. Man i don't think that movie even had a storyline. This one though. This one kicked large amounts of ass. Only let downs were some really annoyingly cliches. I don't want to spoil anything but its always annoying how villians pop up in the most convenient place at the right time.

Really liked the Shuttle sequence.

Superman Returns - 10/10 It did its job perfect, great balance between action and calm character development. Who knows maybe someday they will make a better one, but for now this is a classic.

When A Stranger Calls (2006) - .5/10
Why must they remake movies that weren't that great to begin with? Oh, and then they decide to care even less about making a good film, with good actors, and a good script, and even the tinniest bit of care about direction. Instead they produce a failed abortion like this flaming piece of dogshit. The girl was good-looking, but just look for her pictures online, you'll feel better not wasting your time on this.

I literally turned to my girlfriend at the end of it and said "That was the movie?" Not a good sign, and not a good movie. Avoid at all costs.

Office Space - 10/10

Oh noes, bvasgm just died of funny.

Superman Returns - 9/10
It was well done I thought. I like that it was different than the other comic book movies. (Not that dislike those)

10th and Wolf - 8/10

Good story, well acted, very brutal...suprising too that the big name actors (Val Kilmer, Dennis Hopper) were sidelined to cameo-like roles while the newer talent (James Marsden, Giovanni Ribisi) were given the main roles, which they did very well with.

Sympathy For Mr Vengance - 6.5/10

Twas pretty good. Not half as good as Oldboy though.

Click - 9/10

Got everything out of it that I wanted, it had some pretty funny bits, quite a sad movie towards the end too, all in all is was very well done

POTC2 (forgot what its called :p) - 9/10 - It's got Pirates... Johnny Depp... what more could you want? :p

Primer - 8/10

Very decent movie. It's slightly confusing in that you sometimes can't figure out how far into the past they are, but otherwise it's pretty interesting/entertaining.

Idonno >_< said:
SuperMan Returns 8.5/10

It was ok. To me more of a chick flick. I figured that there would be more action, but I guess I was mistaken.
But aren't you...a chick?

Anywho, The Matador: 8.0/10

The only reason that it got that was because Pierce Brosnan was a hitman, but they didn't really show any murder. I must say that there is A LOT of sex and foul language, not really a girlfriend or parents movie (which is funny because my parents rented it and are really active christians XD)

Alien Autopsy - 5/10 - Pretty boring tbh... thought it would have been more funny.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

9/10 Very funny and original movie to watch. Cant wait for part 3.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

9.5/10 As good as if not better than the first. Johnny Depp's performance was brilliant, and Keira Knightley was hawt.

Kairo (Pulse) - 9.5/10
Wow, finally a horror movie that had me pretty freaked out. I'm gonna have to see if the American remake is any good, but my hopes are pretty low. This is probably the best J-Horor I've watched so far. Very psychological, gets under your skin real fast and makes it crawl.

Ultraviolet - 2.0/10

Deary me. What a load of shite.

damn, this thread is getting really long.

Anyway. I watched Superman Returns the other day. Good film, but not enough Superman. 7/10

Brandon Routh was fantastic as Superman though, very Reeve esque

Match Point - 9/10
Let me just start off by saying that Scarlett Johansson is one of the most beautiful women in movies today. Now that we've gotten past that, I loved this movie. I don;t typically watch Woody Allen movies, but I had to see what the fuss was about.

John Rhys Davies just captivates me, there's something about his look and attitude that pulls me in. He's awesome in this movie. Also, the supporting cast was damn fine, and it was nice to see Brian Cox, even if he had a fairly small role. Oh, and the ending... I loved it. I won't spoil it, but it's not a sappy one, whih I enjoyed.

Superman Returns - 6/10

Pretty average action flick. The guy that played Superman has 0 charisma. Predictable boring story.

The Matador - 9/10

I went in expecting one movie and got another. That's about the best description for it. Pierce Brosnan is surprising in this film, creating a character that's unforgettable. This movie also contains one of the funniest moments I've seen this year. I highly recommend The Matador.

XXX State of the Union. 9.5 out of 10. I liked this XXX better than the original one just because Ice Cube was in it. Truthfully any movie that Ice Cube is in I like: All about the Benjamens, All of the fridays, XXX and many more.

Darth Sidious said:
XXX State of the Union. 9.5 out of 10. I liked this XXX better than the original one just because Ice Cube was in it. Truthfully any movie that Ice Cube is in I like: All about the Benjamens, All of the fridays, XXX and many more.

You satirical beast :thumbs:

Munich. 8.5/10

As with all Steven Spielberg flicks, excellent technical direction. However, the story could have used a more conclusive end.

A True Canadian said:
The Matador - 9/10

I went in expecting one movie and got another. That's about the best description for it. Pierce Brosnan is surprising in this film, creating a character that's unforgettable. This movie also contains one of the funniest moments I've seen this year. I highly recommend The Matador.

awesome movie. I love the scene where
he just shows up at their house after failing yet another hit

Icarusintel said:
Match Point - 9/10
Let me just start off by saying that Scarlett Johansson is one of the most beautiful women in movies today. Now that we've gotten past that, I loved this movie. I don;t typically watch Woody Allen movies, but I had to see what the fuss was about.

John Rhys Davies just captivates me, there's something about his look and attitude that pulls me in. He's awesome in this movie. Also, the supporting cast was damn fine, and it was nice to see Brian Cox, even if he had a fairly small role. Oh, and the ending... I loved it. I won't spoil it, but it's not a sappy one, whih I enjoyed.
i think you mean jonathon rhys meyers. Rhys Davies is another actor. :)

Capote - Superbly acted (Hoffman's Capote is excellent) and well shot. 8/10

I just watched Top Gun for like the 100000 time. I would give that movie a 7 out of 10. If you watch that movie take a look at the explosions. They are so far from looking real it is not funny.

exorcism of emily rose- 6.5/10

pretty average, while there were some decent parts

Viperidae said:
Munich. 8.5/10

As with all Steven Spielberg flicks, excellent technical direction. However, the story could have used a more conclusive end.
It wasn't supposed to have a conclusive end, though...that would have been silly. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back