Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brotherhood of the Wolf 8.0/10

A very well told story. Original as well.

Naked Lunch 8/10 - most ****ed up movie ever? quite possibly.

Die Fetten Jahre Sind Vorbei/The Edukators

Literally, "The fat years are over/passed". German-Austrian film about a pair of idealistic peaceniks who break into rich people's houses and re-arrange their furniture. Unfortunately, when one foolishly takes the other's girlfriend along to an 'operation', the owner of the house comes back and they are forced to kidnap him.

7/10

Lord of War

5/5

Brilliance. Part black comedy, part drama, part political commentary, and all intertwined together so well that any moment where I found myself laughing was often followed by a decline into sympathetic sadness. Cage played it great as a man who you find despicable, but can't help but cheer on against Ethan Hawke. It's twisted, I know. But it's integral to juxtaposing its comedic elements with the savage brutality of the arms business.
Also has one of the best intros to a film I've seen in a long time.

Crash - 9.5/10... Really really solid film. Definitely shows you how bad our society is.

Mortal Kombat - 7.5/10... Probably the most decent video game movie that -I've- ever seen.

Rush Hour - 7.9/10... Really funny. Chris Tucker + Jackie Chan ftw.
Rush Hour 2 - Ditto.

Pirates of the Carribean - 8/10... Funny, lots of action, good acting, nice effects... just plain fun to watch.

Godzilla(1998) - 7.9/10... Hugely underrated film imo.
It's a great mindless-action-monster-destruction-explosion-buildings-go-boom-fest.

Black Hawk Down - 8.7/10... A masterpiece. Great action. Great characters. Great story. Great everything.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - 7/10... Funny.

Syriana - 8/10... Definitely kept me glued, and raised alot of good points.

Garden State - 9.2/10

Wow. Natalie and Zach do a wonderful job on-screen. A coming-of-age tale that makes you smile and tear up at the same time.

Monster House - 9/10
Surprisingly good. The first animated film I've seen in a while that doesn't have dozens of lame smartass jokes and pop culture references.

Naked Lunch 8/10 - most ****ed up movie ever? quite possibly.

Agreed

Die Fetten Jahre Sind Vorbei/The Edukators

7/10

Also agreed

Magnolia - 9.4/10

Very cool movie. The frogs are funny too.

Agreed

Crash - 9.5/10... Really really solid film. Definitely shows you how bad our society is.

Black Hawk Down - 8.7/10... A masterpiece. Great action. Great characters. Great story. Great everything.

Syriana - 8/10... Definitely kept me glued, and raised alot of good points.

Agreed x3

Lost In Translation - 8/10

Pretty damn good. I think im falling in love with Scarlet Johansson D:

Lost In Translation - 8/10

Pretty damn good. I think im falling in love with Scarlet Johansson D:
bingo.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend

3/10 - I think the only thing that stopped me from walking out was that the girl I took was somewhat enjoying it, and that Anna Faris and Rainn Wilson where in it.

Man, Uma Thurman sucks.

Melinda and Melinda 8/10

A sweet tragedy/romantic comedy by Woody Allen. Even a bit philosophical.

16 Blocks

7/10 - Action was okay, storyline was pretty good, suprising amount of 'funny parts' though the ending was a bit weak.

The Fly (1986) - 9/10
Wow, still good after all these years. Special effects still stand up pretty well. Jeff Goldblum is awesome as the main character.

Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me - 8/10...
It's incredibly stupid, and thus I <3 it. Mike Myers ftw.

Shrek 2 - 7.2/10...
It wasn't as good as the first, but it was still a fun romp.

The Hills Have Eyes(2006) - 6/10...
It was entertaining, but in no way a really good movie.

Inner Sense - 6/10

Bleh. Had me going in the first half, good old cliche asian horror with good characters and decent acting, and a plot with a bit of intellect (or so it seemed). But then they forgot about the horror aspect in the second half and turned it into a wannabe poignant love tale... or something...

I can't seem to catch a good movie lately.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - 8.4/10

Hugely entertaining, haven't had this much fun at the movies in quite some time.

Short Circuit - 7.1/10

Could've been the next R2D2, too bad it got caught under the radar.

Final Destination 3 - 7.7/10

Wow, I still can't get enough of the FD series.
Brilliantly ****ed up deaths.
Morbid humor.
Action.
Decent acting.

I rented this really believing that it would suck ass, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Clerks - 8.7/10...
Comic genius, I don't know why I was so hesitant to watch it. D:

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest - 8/10
- Great action flick. Wish it ended as a complete story like the first, though.

Pulp Fiction - 9.5/10
- A work of art. Best of Tarantino's work.

Serenity - 10/10
- The conclusion to a great series that will sadly not return.

Superman Returns - 9/10
- As great as the 1978 film, even if it doesn't have Christopher Reeves in it.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10

Onwee was right. Really damn good.

Especially love the 'caught wanking' scene. :E

What's scary is I opened up MSN and saw the checked box: 'Remember me (forget me)'.

i like this, yall are watching good movies :D

clerks 2
8/10

Training Day - 8.3/10

Story didnt really catch me but the acting was insane.

Hitch - 6.8/10

Made me lol a few times, not a pointless comedy but way its still exaggerated like all love movies.

Serenity - 7.0/10

Very average, never watched the series but the story was just so average i mean the whole sending out the signal thing etc. Dunno thought the movie was pretty lame.

The Longest Yard - 6.4/10 - Meh few laughs few cool moments what more to expect.

Zoolander- 8/10.

Saw it for my first time last night, pretty damn funny flick.

Serenity - 7.0/10

Very average, never watched the series but the story was just so average i mean the whole sending out the signal thing etc. Dunno thought the movie was pretty lame.

Go watch the series; you'll be amazing at how great it is.

Go watch the series; you'll be amazing at how great it is.

Actually, (and i can't believe this either) but i agree with Raziel. The film was pretty average. And i've seen the series too.

I think the only reason Firefly is even known is because Joss Whedon made it. Thats it. If it were anybody else, nobody would really care about it. It would be forgotten. you know, like Farscape.

See, forgotten. Nobody remembers Farscape.

Ichi the Killer - Incredibly gory, sick, funny and 100% Japanese crazy. The violence is often more humorous than disturbing, but some scenes are still hard to watch.

Sadomasochism explored 8/10

Dr. Chopper - 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Worst movie EVER.

Willa Wonka (The new one) - 0/999999999999999999999

I actually liked the original, but they screwed so much stuff up.. why the hell is Willy Wonka whiter than a ghost? oompa loompas are not supposed to be black, or white.. they are orange in the original ffs.. I only watched this because it was a network premier on the movie network... I wasted 2 hours of my life, and I want them back.

Running Scared - 8.2/10

Surprisingly good... very action packed & extremely gritty.

Cinderella Man - 8.9/10

One of the better movies I've seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back