Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooh a new jarmusch movie ..have to pick that up when it hits the video stores

btw have you seen Down by Law ..absolutely loved it ..probably my fave Jarmusch film (although Ghostdog and Dead man were excellent)

Down by Law features Tom Waits and Roberto Benigni ..they're worth the rental alone

Roberto Benigni was also in Jarmusch' Night on Earth ..his segment was drop dead hilarious

It's about his fears of being a father.

Broken Flowers 8.8/10
Jim Jarmusch directs another excellent movie. Reminded me of his first movies, only instead of 20-something hipsters, you got 40 and 50 somethings.

Yeah, I figured.

And I LOVED Broken Flowers. It was to be the one of the most awkwardly funny movies I've ever seen.

ooooh a new jarmusch movie ..have to pick that up when it hits the video stores

btw have you seen Down by Law ..absolutely loved it ..probably my fave Jarmusch film (although Ghostdog and Dead man were excellent)

Down by Law features Tom Waits and Roberto Benigni ..they're worth the rental alone

Roberto Benigni was also in Jarmusch' Night on Earth ..his segment was drop dead hilarious

Jarmusch is probably my favorite director. Dead Man, Mystery Train, Stranger than Paradise, Ghost Dog, and now Broken Flowers...just amazing. I've been trying to find a copy of Down by the Law and his very first movie, Permanent Vacation, but it's hard. Broken Flowers has been out since 2005 though, not exactly new.

Jarmusch is probably my favorite director. Dead Man, Mystery Train, Stranger than Paradise, Ghost Dog, and now Broken Flowers...just amazing. I've been trying to find a copy of Down by the Law and his very first movie, Permanent Vacation, but it's hard. Broken Flowers has been out since 2005 though, not exactly new.

Yeah, I've seen Broken Flowers and Dead Man, and both are on my favorite's list. I'd like to see some more of his stuff too.

You should definitely rent Stranger than Paradise, Mystery Train, and Ghost Dog. Great movies.

The Island 8/10
A Michael Bay movie that has less action than all his other movies and possible atheist messages?
Or am I just overanalyzing...

You should definitely rent Stranger than Paradise, Mystery Train, and Ghost Dog. Great movies.

The Island 8/10
A Michael Bay movie that has less action than all his other movies and possible atheist messages?
Or am I just overanalyzing...

Yeah, I'll check em out.

And I actually liked The Island too. Good balance of action and story.

Castaway - 8.75/10.

Better than I remember it being the first time I saw it. Helen Hunt that cheating whore! How could you do that to him? I like Helen Hunt though.

War of the Worlds (the Speilberg one) - 7/10
Not bad. I enjoyed it atleast, but they butchered the story a bit. It's still War of the Worlds, but every change they made to the plot was for the worse. For instance, the way the martians "arrived" was stupid and made little sense. They got the tripods right... while I'm not sure I agree with the design, they look goddamn fearsome striding over hilltops or tearing through cities. The whole forcefield thing though... and the way the martians looked (wtf? they're supposed to be solid masses of brain) came off very Independence Day-ish to me, which isn't so good. Anyway, it's pretty cool despite all those things, but this story is still crying for a decent (BRITISH) remake.

The Host - 5/10
Japanese horror, just caught it at the film festival. Typical monster movie about a giant virus spreading... fish-beast, or something. Not really awful in any way, it's just totally all over the place. It honestly felt like there were multiple directors handling it from scene to scene. For the most part, it's just a straight b-movie style horror, but then it takes itself too seriously alot of the time. Then in other parts it almost seems tongue-in-cheek... then there are other parts where it's just silly humor... and then there's the way the story changes perspective all the time. It just doesn't meld well at all. Would've been better off as just a silly b-movie horror.

Edit - Heh, have been close to grabbing Broken Flowers the last couple times I've been at the video store, I'll get it next time. Not familiar with the director, but Bill Murray is ftw :)

Eraserhead- WTF/10.

AMAZING movie, but really, WTF?
Just watched it last night and I agree. One of the craziest films I've ever watched. Love the imagery in it.

Brick - 9/10
Wow, I wasn;t really sure the old school detective dialogue and story set in a modern Cali high school would work, but this movie is amazing. The acting is top-notch and they all get their roles perfectly. The dialogue is a pure treat to listen to. And the story, ah, it reminds me of all those good detective movies from the 50's and 60's. The director was brilliant (watch the deleted and extended scenes to see how he ended up trimming the movie even after Sundance to try to get it perfect) and I look forward to watching more of his movies in the future.

Little Miss Sunshine - 10/10
When the movie wasn't really sad, it was really funny. In most of the movies or TV shows I've seen about dysfunctional families, they make some incidents totally unbelievable and ridiculous. While watching this movie, I found most of the incidents to be really believable and ridiculous. The movie seemed real, because the writers did a good job with creating real characters. I felt really attached to all of them; it was quite amazing, actually.

Shawshank Redemption - 9/10 - Awesome movie. Glad i got round to seeing it.

Brick - 8/10
Garden State - 9/10
Snakes on a Plane - 7/10

All three were awesome.

The Host - 5/10
Japanese(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) horror, just caught it at the film festival. Typical monster movie about a giant virus spreading... fish-beast, or something. Not really awful in any way, it's just totally all over the place. It honestly felt like there were multiple directors handling it from scene to scene. For the most part, it's just a straight b-movie style horror, but then it takes itself too seriously alot of the time. Then in other parts it almost seems tongue-in-cheek... then there are other parts where it's just silly humor... and then there's the way the story changes perspective all the time. It just doesn't meld well at all. Would've been better off as just a silly b-movie horror.

ARHGHAHAHRAHRHAHAHRAHRHARHARHAGRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRRAHRAGRAHRARGARARAGRAGRAHRAGAGRAGRAGHRGARAGRHGARGarrr...

But it was too anti-america pro-enviromentalist nuts type of movie.

Thank You for Smoking - 8.9/10, all the actors seemed perfect for their role (Only one I didn't like was his ex-wife), loved the humour and it was just well made. Everyone I saw it with loved it too.

Thank You for Smoking - 8.9/10, all the actors seemed perfect for their role (Only one I didn't like was his ex-wife), loved the humour and it was just well made. Everyone I saw it with loved it too.

OH SHIT, I forgot this movie was out. I have to watch it.

Wait, that's out on DVD?

The Host - 5/10
Japanese horror
Wrong.

It's a KOREAN horror movie. With effects by WETA, the same guys that did Lord of the Rings.

Inside Man - 9/10
Loved this movie. Kept from showing all the cards til the end. Good pacing, directing, very engaging. Denzel Washington is pure, unadulterated cool. I'm not typically a Spike Lee fan, but I'll certainly keep an eye on him more closely after this.

R-Point 5/10 - Korean (I think) spooky/army movie with ghosts and stuff. Boring zzzzzz

Wait, that's out on DVD?
It came out in the cinemas yesterday, and yes, I know you Americans [and others] have had it for months. :(

If there is something I don't like about Australia, it's getting some movies really, really late.

Yeah, but Australia is probably getting Twin Peaks Season 2 before us :(

And getting your movies and games censored D:
I haven't really heard about movies getting censored and there are very few games banned, let alone censored.. that I know about anyway. :)

When they do world-wide launches of movies, games and whatever we get them before you guys do, being in the future and all so there are some good points.

I haven't really heard about movies getting censored and there are very few games banned, let alone censored.. that I know about anyway. :)

When they do world-wide launches of movies, games and whatever we get them before you guys do, being in the future and all so there are some good points.

I saw it on wiki somewhere, I think you guys have the most censored/banned films. Or it might've been New Zealand...but you guys were up there.

Jet Li's Fearless - 8/10

The only problem I have is the subtitles at the start of the movie were fast. Very fast.

Godzilla (original 50s version)- 7/10

Brick- 3/10. And I only give it that generous of a rating because of the Velvet Underground song in the credits.

Brick- 3/10. And I only give it that generous of a rating because of the Velvet Underground song in the credits.

What're you serious? 3?

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me 7/10
I definitely think Lynch just added weird crap for the sake of being weird with this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back