Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 Monkeys - 9.5/10

Wow, I wonder how it took so long for me to see this movie. The only thing I didn't like was certain peices of music. It was nice to see Bruce doing a bit of acting. Also, I have a bit of a soft spot for Gilliam. The story was excellent and well-told.

Is it ever overely cutesy though? I love Gondry's work, but meh, it looks like it could be another Amelie.

I've never actually seen Amelie, but I didn't think it was overly cutesy at all. It was just... cool.

An Inconvinient Truth 6/10 - Al Gore manages to ignore all the inconvinient facts. Still, interesting at times.

12 Monkeys - 9.5/10

Wow, I wonder how it took so long for me to see this movie. The only thing I didn't like was certain peices of music. It was nice to see Bruce doing a bit of acting. Also, I have a bit of a soft spot for Gilliam. The story was excellent and well-told.

That's a fair score, it's a very good movie.

Misery 8/10. It was just on the tele - great movie :)

The Prestige - 8/10

Pretty darn good, but not great.

The Prestige - 8/10

The Prestige - 8/10

The Prestige - 8/10

The Prestige - 8/10

Do you see what i'm getting at here? You gave the movie 8/10 and said it wasn't great. What the hell?

Can we please have new rules for this thread, because people keep giving movies these outrageous ratings like 8 or 9/10 and then say things like "meh" or in this case "pretty darn good but not great".

I'm trying to be an ass, its just that sometimes i read this thread and then thanks to the general consensus of it i then go see a movie. But when people give movies ratings like 8/10 or 4 out of 5 stars and then give them written reviews that differ to the rating, its confusing as hell to figure out whether the movie is worth seeing or not.

Bah, its been a long and expensive day for me. Nevermind me.

Crank - 7/10

Surprisingly funny brainless action flick. A good hour and a half.

Can we please have new rules for this thread, because people keep giving movies these outrageous ratings like 8 or 9/10 and then say things like "meh" or in this case "pretty darn good but not great".

You're damn right. That's why I gave Children Of Men, a pretty good movie, 6 out of 10, to someone else's indignation. Some people who think they're movie buffs just aren't discriminating enough. 10 out of 10, for instance, should only be granted to a handful, maybe a dozen of films ever made.

Children of Men - 7.5/10

Story was good, but moved a bit too fast for my tastes. It felt like stuff was left out. Acting seemed pretty good, at least from Clive Owen and Michael Caine. The girl was annoying, as was the women who was with them for half the movie. I'd have liked to have seen more of the country, and some of the rest of the world, but I can understand the smaller, more personal scale. Still, that last 20 mins was some of the best cinema I've seen in a long time. One of the longest single-camera action takes I've ever seen, and it was perfectly executed.

Overall - enjoyable and worth a watch, even if it seems too short and some of the performances aren;t the best. It's worth it for the last 20 mins. if nothing else.

One Night at McCool's-4/10

Didn't pay attention, too busy messing around on my pc, but it seemed like shit.

Robocop - 8.5/10...
Most ****ed up beginning evar?

Todd McFarlane's Spawn - 8.9/10...

I usually hate anime, but this... this was just awesome.
Got all 3 seasons on one dvd for 7 bucks at the damn grocery store, of all places.
I remember reading Spawn comics religiously a few years ago... I lost most of them unfortunately.

Talk Radio - 9/10

This movie is just simply astounding. Eric Bogosian does a fantastic job in this!

SAW 3 - Very well made. I really cant decide which is better the 1st or 3rd. 2nd was alittle weak. Great series and i think they should end it here. 8.6/10

Saw III - Very very good. I chose it as a first date movie. Was I right? Yes. Yes I was.

Oh. But the actual film is very good. A lot more inventive than the 2nd film and alot better written. The "Rib Trap" in particular was really evil. Sadly, I guessed the twist at the end soon after the chain trap which meant I got really annoyed at all the other supposedly subtle hints. But it's a very nice way to wrap up the trilogy.... although having said that, bring on Saw IV! 8.1/10

After the shit-pile that was Saw 2, I'm not wasting my time with another.

Flags of our Fathers - 8.9/10...

Eastwood at his finest, great action... great story... but it dragged on in certain bits.

Anchorman- Third or fourth time I've watched it. It just doesn't get old to me.

Art School Confedential- BIG meh. I love Zwigoff and Clowes and went into this really expecting to love it, but it really let me down. The murder mystery wasn't as gimmicky as people said it was, but the way it progressed (basically at some drunkard's apartment) was slow and boring. There were a few good laughs in it, but overall...meh...wait for it to come on HBO.

Saw III - Very very good. I chose it as a first date movie. Was I right? Yes. Yes I was.

Oh. But the actual film is very good. A lot more inventive than the 2nd film and alot better written. The "Rib Trap" in particular was really evil. Sadly, I guessed the twist at the end soon after the chain trap which meant I got really annoyed at all the other supposedly subtle hints. But it's a very nice way to wrap up the trilogy.... although having said that, bring on Saw IV! 8.1/10

I read a interview that their target was 6 movies. Dont know if thats still planned. Id like them to end it now but whatever.

Green Street Hooligans - pretty entertaining, probably 8/10

also, is shit really like that in england?

I watched Garden State again.

<33333333333333333333333333/10

Scaet Movie 4. 8/10. They did too much War o teh Worlds.

American Beauty

10/10. One of the best films I've seen in my life, ever.

American Beauty

10/10. One of the best films I've seen in my life, ever.

<3. I love that movie so much, and it only gets better with rewatches.

Speaking of rewatches, I rewatched Trainspotting last night. Not much to say, but yeah, I'd still give it a 9 or 10.

Dirty Sanchez: The Movie - 8/10.

Very funny and extremely entertaining. Just a extended episode really, with some sicker things done. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back