Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars - 7/10

Not Pixars best by any stretch, maybe the subject matter just didn`t appeal to me that much.

Pirates Of The Carribean 2 - 8/10

Not as good as the first I don`t think, but that ending means I`ve gotta see the third one when it`s released.

I found it hard to really fall for Amrican Beauty. It's a good movie, and calling it pretentious would be overly harsh, but it's going that way. The scene with the plastic bag is a little silly.

It's a great movie. I have had it on DVD forever.

Snap. I just purchased The Weatherman which is supposed to be similar so I'm looking forward to that.

BTW, I was first in the queue to buy American Beauty at the dawn of time. I am Adam and it was given to me upon my creation. You can be Eve and share my copy.

I don't know what I'm talking about. ;(

I found it hard to really fall for Amrican Beauty. It's a good movie, and calling it pretentious would be overly harsh, but it's going that way. The scene with the plastic bag is a little silly.

It seems silly until it actually happens to you. I remember fondly of when I saw two plastic bags, almost like they were dancing with each other in an alley. Went on for a good 15 minutes.

I don't know, I thought it was quite beautiful. That was a moment I really wish I had a video camera to record it.

Saw III - 3/10

Utter rubbish. Some of the traps were cool. Overly stuffed with cliches and "gotcha" twists. Also, incredibly predictable. Oh, and the acting is shite. And the dialogue was boring. Flashbacks tried to make it into a film with meaning, but they didn't fool me.

Also, it was overly gory for no good reason. I don't mind gore, but I prefer it to have a reason, whether it's for humor or for the serious side.

I thought that the first and second time I saw it, but the third time it really got me.

Apocalypse Now (the original, not Redux)

7/10. Good movie, but not my cup of tea.

Saw III

7/10 - not amazing, so similar to the first two that if you liked them you'll like this.

Lucky Number Slevin- It's not EXACTLY fair that I rate it, since I only watched about half of it, but honestly, it really gave me no reason to watch it. It seemed like yet another mediocore "I wanna be Tarantino!" dealie.

Wonderland- Hm. On on hand, the script is atrocious, but on the other hand, the directing and cinematography is breathtaking. Plus, the subject matter interests me, and it kept me entertained, so yeah.

Saw II: I've never seen a Saw before so I thought I'd watch one once. Meh. I don't really like these kinda movies but it kept my eyes on it for some weird reason. I only really got creeped out at the needles part. Wtf.

Breathless: WHY haven't I seen this movie before? God, it was amazing.

Borat tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Lucky Number Slevin- It's not EXACTLY fair that I rate it, since I only watched about half of it, but honestly, it really gave me no reason to watch it. It seemed like yet another mediocore "I wanna be Tarantino!" dealie.

I really liked that film, I saw it recently. Pretty funny and I liked the way it all worked and such.

WarGames - a great fun movie that took me back almost 20 years. Mathew Broderick looks about 16. Nostalgia makes it impossible to rate, but I was glued to the screen from start to finish.

Memoirs of a Geisha.

Superb, beautiful movie. There is no real action, no explosions or anything of the sorts. But this is a well made, gracefully told tale. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Ziyi Zhang... has amazing eyes. The young girl who plays the main character, Suzuka Ohgo for that matter, also has striking eyes. Not sure if they were contacts, but they were amazing in the film.

I don't know why others rated it so poorly. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Batman Returns - 8.9/10...

Michael Keaton, Christopher Walken, Danny Devito, and Michelle Peiffer... Oh my!

Quite possibly my most favorite Batman movie.

Borat- I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a movie. Even more offensive, hilarious, and amazing than I thought it would be. Holy crap this was so good.

Japan Sinks! 9/10

Made by Japan. So beautiful.... :D A stroy about how the island nation sinks to the bottom of the sea...

Bloodrayne - 0.1/10...

0.1 point for boobslol!!1

Fast And The Furious Tokyo Drift - 8/10

Bit of a slow start but then turns into a typical FatF film. Its all about the cars, but theyve tried too hard to get you to 'connect' with the characters. Some really, REALLY cool moments that make you go '****ing hell that was cool'.

The Da Vinci Code - 9/10
Helps to watch it when you are actually awake, but really makes you think.

Dr. Strangelove - 10/10

I saw it for the first time yesterday, and I gotta say, it was the best film I've seen this year. I didn't expect Kubrick to make such a fun movie. I was laughing my arse off on more than one occasion, and that doesn't happen every day.

The actual character of Dr. Strangelove is awesome. God damn crippled, closet Nazi.

Everything is Illuminated 8,5/10 I especially liked the funny talking Ukrainian guy, he reminded me of Borat :LOL:. Oh, and the "seeing eye bitch", priceless.

Other than that, a beautifully made movie, the music/cinematography/acting/story are very well done. Towards the end the story accelerates too fast in my opinion, leaving me thinking..

The Lion King: 9/10 (Possibly the best film Disney ever animated. Their films often rush and still manage to contain dull bits... the Lion King is perfectly paced and always gripping, and the animation is absolutely fantastic. Makes 99% of 3D CGI animation look like one huge leap-back IMO.)

Borat- I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a movie. Even more offensive, hilarious, and amazing than I thought it would be. Holy crap this was so good.

^

Dr. Strangelove - 10/10

I saw it for the first time yesterday, and I gotta say, it was the best film I've seen this year. I didn't expect Kubrick to make such a fun movie. I was laughing my arse off on more than one occasion, and that doesn't happen every day.

"Mein Fuhrer!....I CAN WALK!"

Borat----- 9.5/10

it truly is the funniest film i have ever seen i had my doubts but they were crushed in the first 10-15 mins

The Break-Up: 6/10.

Good for a chick flick. I thought it was mostly a comedy, but I only laughed twice.

Memento - 9.4/10

Superb. It's really got me psyched for The Prestige this weekend. :E

The Prestige 9/10
Theres very little to find flaw with in this film. Its acting, directing, setting, and writing are all superb. It really grabbed hold of me and I just watched fascinated till the end. Undoubtedly most people will detect a twist or two before it occurs, but the odds of you getting all of them is pretty much nil. A must see for those fascinated by illusionists, period pieces, science, or the supernatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back