Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to reiterate, keep spoilers OUT of this thread.

Some of us haven't seen certain movies, yet, like Children of Men, and REALLY don't appreciate stumbling across a huge spoiler like that when we've been waiting to see the movie for three months.

The Illusionist 5/10

Good movie, except the ending - Usual Suspects ripoff which was extremely disappointing.

Its been a while since I've seen Usual Suspects, but how is The Illusionist a rip off?

The Outsiders - 8/10. Good drama actually, was surprised. There are better out there though, couldn't at all identify with the characters.

The Prestige - 8.25/10

Better than I thought it would be.

*SPOILERS*
I wasn't a major fan of the ending since I wasn't on Bale's "side" during the movie. I wanted Jackman to win :(.

DAVID BOWIE FTW!

Feast 9/10

Just finished watching this. One of the best horror movies I've seen in a while. I haven't seen anything this gory in a long time. There's nothing hotter than watching a chick shove her arm into a creature's throat and tear it out.

All within the first 20 minutes a guy gets pulled through a window and has his head torn off, one guy has a monster's hand shoved through his stomach, another has his face torn off, one man gets shot in the foot, a little boy is eaten alive, a woman gets her leg cut off, one poor bastard gets vomited on.......Man this is some good shit.

Employee Of The Month - 8/10. Story was pretty obvious as to what was going to happen, but still had alot of funny moments.

The Prestige - 8.25/10

Better than I thought it would be.

*SPOILERS*
I wasn't a major fan of the ending since I wasn't on Bale's "side" during the movie. I wanted Jackman to win :(.

DAVID BOWIE FTW!

*SPOILERS*

I thought Jackman survived because at the veeeery end you can see a possible clone of Jackman inside some glass structure?

*SPOILERS*

I thought Jackman survived because at the veeeery end you can see a possible clone of Jackman inside some glass structure?

SPOILERS. Highlight to read.

You appear to have missed the entire point of the whole film.

It explained that he wasn't murdered at all, those were the clones that he murdered of himself. There were literal hoardes of them.

You appear to have missed the entire point of the whole film.

It explained that he wasn't murdered at all, those were the clones that he murdered of himself. There were literal hoardes of them.

spoilers, etc.

Oh ok, the part I hadn't gotten was what that particular dead clone of him was doing there. It made it seem as if one of his clones had survived.

What was happening was that every time he performed the trick the man in the machine would drop through the floor into the locked box and drown. Another man would appear up in the balcony and carry on the trick.

Better Living Through Circuitry
This documentary is an amazing in-depth look at the underground rave scene. It features great music, released and live, great visuals and it gives you the urge to want to go to one immediately. It's a really, really great watch if you get a chance.

Cowboy Bebop - 4/5
Just bought second hand, watched atleast 5 times before though. One of my favourite anime movies, really love the style and animation.

Smokin' Aces 7/10

Quite funny. Not enough action though. Some seriously cool parts in it though.

5/10
Ghost ship not so much horror as I expected, ending reminds me of Phone Booth.

GHOST SHIP!
I kissed my baby on a...
GHOST SHIP!
I touch my baby on her...
GHOST SHIP!

Smoking aces 6/10

Doesn't hang together very well.

Enough plot holes to sink the US navy to.

Other than that it's alright.

Cursed 7/10

............................ I think this may just have been the final step in the process of desensitization.

haha :p eH......?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt0hml2j43E

FTW :D

Thank You for Smoking - 4.5/5
Unsure of what word to use here. It's the... something-est movie I've seen in a while. Idunno, not funny exactly, although it is. Clever and witty too, by the bowlfull, but it's more than that. It just got to me in the way that very few films do... in short it's damn awesome.

"Thank God we invented the... whatever device."

That one line pretty much encapsulates the genius that is this movie :E

... But you have to see it to get it... so yeah.

Rocky Anthology: 10/10

Seen them all in the past but got the boxset, brilliant on so many levels. One of the best lot of inspirational films out. Anyone seen the new one? Any good? Looks a bit farfetched to me.

It's pretty good. Worth seeing imo orly ya rly.

Godzilla X Megaguirus - 7/10

Loved these movies since I was a kid, though this is kind of different. I lol'd when I saw the strings holding Megaguirus in the air.

The Descent - 4.2/10...

How the **** is this rated so highly everywhere I look?
I thought the beginning dragged on way too much, and the whole character going Rambo thing was pretty stupid... and then the ending, well it just made no ****ing sense at all.

From what I read, I was expecting the next best horror film... and was sorely disappointed.

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, movie 8.5/10

Some boring parts, awesome action and deep story. Ripping out the spine was a really.... overreaction.... though.

An Inconvenient Truth: 9.5/10.
Do all of us (read: humanity) a favor and watch this movie.

The Descent - 4.2/10...

How the **** is this rated so highly everywhere I look?
I thought the beginning dragged on way too much, and the whole character going Rambo thing was pretty stupid... and then the ending, well it just made no ****ing sense at all.

From what I read, I was expecting the next best horror film... and was sorely disappointed.

Agreed, although it had some good camera work in beginning-middle. The ending was crap, people were laughing in the cinema. Was really disappointed.

Ghost In The Shell: Innocence 7.5/10

My brain hurts. But a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back