Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulletbrain said:
The Illusionist - 8.5/10

Great movie. Everything makes sense except for the ghosts... and the selection of Jessica Biel as leading lady.

I thought she proved herself quite adequately tbh.

I thought she proved herself quite adequately tbh.

Yes, she was adequate enough i guess. Specially because she didn't have a very demanding role. Its all about Nolan in this film... Maybe I'm being being a bit harsh. I just cant get myself to like her. :)

Perfect Stranger

4/10
Boring, completely out of touch and even more ridiculous as each boring minute passed.

The Lives of Others - 9/10
The best film you will see this year - won the oscar for best foriegn language film.

American History X - 8.3/10...
Classic, I don't condone in Nazism but it's really a deep movie that tells an awesome story.

Dead Mans Shoes - 10/10

I saw this on Film4 the other day ... Great, GREAT, F***ING AWESOME film. I love most of Shane Meadows' films. If you like this, check out 'Once upon a time in the midlands' too.

I can't wait to see This Is England. It looks awesome from the outset.

Disturbia: 8/10.

After laughing at the previews, it's actually a pretty good movie. Good thriller movie that has some good laughs.

Band of Brothers - 10/10...

Classic, finally got around to watching the whole thing.

Smokin Aces - 6/10

Pretty much a production line action flick... has a fairly good cast though. All in all just... meh.

Shooter - 7/10

Run of the mill action film. Think Behind Enemy Lines, really. Some satisfying sniper shots, so overall an entertaining film. We had nothing else at the cinema to see. This Is England wasn't showing and that's the only fillm I was really looking forward to.

... and it was either this or Wild Hogs.

Sleepy Hollow - 8.1/10...

One of Tim Burton's best films, imo.

Great take on the whole headless horseman tale.

Buffalo Soldiers - 8/10

I actually really enjoyed this film, just a shame it followed the really cliche 'big drug moneymaking scheme goes wrong' path. Loved the high tank crew at the start, though.

^^^ That film kicks ass

O' Brother Where Art Thou? - 8/10

The Lives of Others

A German film with English subtitles, just came out.
9/10

This Is England - 9/10

Superb film, outstanding performances and a cracking soundtrack.

If you live in the UK go and see it, support the British film industry!

Hot Fuzz - 9/10
Loved every minute of it. And the more action movies you've seen the funnier it is. Every stupid little detail or set-piece thats become a staple in the action genre is present, and often in some absolutely ridiculously funny manner.

This Is England - 9/10

Superb film, outstanding performances and a cracking soundtrack.

If you live in the UK go and see it, support the British film industry!

Curse my cinema for not showing it on release day! /shakes fist

Really want to see it. :(

Bladerunner (Director's Cut) - 8.5/10
Finally got around to getting it, having only seen it once years ago. As a vision of the future and a visual spectacle it's brilliant, but as a movie it fell short in a couple areas for me. The character of Deckard is a little shallow, and I didn't think Harrison pulled him off as well as he could have. Also the style seems to lend itself to a more intellectual kind of plot but ultimately it doesn't really get you thinking much, and ends as more of a straight-forward thriller than anything. And at that, it isn't very thrilling... but then it might've been moreso when it was first released.

Anyway, maybe I'm missing the point of it, if there is one. Either way I still scored it high because visually and aurally (god-DAMN I love that soundtrack) it's a masterpiece.

War of the Worlds 6/10

Guys in Asia easily hypnotize by the Aliens infesting movies, it grabs me too. I got this flick 2 weeks ago but still I was preparing a solid sci-fi mood to watch this movie. While watching Gradually I understand that it's was just another source how Aliens can invade in so called planet earth?
All was expectational, ends makes me confused for me it's just another surviving movie.

The Prestige, 7/10 - good movie. At times the whole situation struck me as rather silly and more than a little far fetched, but it's still well worth watch and Christian Bale delivers the goods - he can do no wrong these days.

Run Lola Run, 8/10 Short german film, worth a watch i think

Downfall - 8/10

Brilliant insite into Hitler's last days

Saints & Soldiers - 8.5/10

Very Band Of Brothers meets Saving Private Ryan. No famous actors. Fairly well shot, a mix of drama, action and 'brotherhood'. Quite a good watch if you want to see a WW2 film that shows the emotions etc and slightly less action.

See, I was quite disapointed with Saint's And Soldiers. It felt kinda... cheap. I dunno why, it just didn't have the same feel I usually get from WWII films. It was pretty good, though.

American History X: 9/10.
I've never treated myself to this movie before watching it in my Sociology class. Amazingly deep (in more ways than one) movie with an awesome message. Ending as kinda weak though.

Click - 8/10 - Much better than I expected. Had some laughs from it, so it was a good movie in my book. Love Adam Sandler.

Hot Fuzz-8.5/10. Not as amusing of Shaun of the Dead, but still a winner.

Rules of Attraction - 9/10 Very well made down to earth movie.
Garden State - 9/10 Another down to earth movie i can really relate to.
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind - 7.8/10 Very good movie, just wasnt feeling it to much.
Dogma - 7/10 I can appreciate it and it was funny at times, just not really my cut of tea.
Chasing Amy - 7/10 Same as above, good acting by Ben but that girl had such a annoying voice.
Spiderman 3 - 8.5/10 Best Spiderman movie yet. Well made, went in with some what low expectations.

SpiderMan 3 - 8.5/10 More Venom, less funny please

EDIT: Yay, I'm a headcrab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back