Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirates of the Carribean 1&2 8.5/10,8/10
Good action, funny at times, and interesting plots.

Pirates 3 World thingy.

Wow. I loved the thing in the place with the crabs. Really incredible.

The Good Shepherd - 6.1/10...

Huge yawnfest, didn't tell enough or do enough to really keep me interested.
But, the performances by everyone were great.

Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End - 4/10

Not a lot happening, and it still took 3 and a bit hours.

Away From Her - 9/10

What a powerful, moving, thought-provoking film. Incredibly well acted and directed. Not quite totally depressing, but it certainly wasn't a movie that you really smiled or laughed at much. It felt very realistic. I know this movie's not going to appeal to a lot of people here, but it's worth seeing, especially for the story and watching a wonderful directing debut.

Pirates 3: 8/10
A bit long, and I think there were too many characters introduced. Most of them ended up incredibly shallow. But there were some spectacular parts in it that more than make up for any flaws. I also dont have any trouble with 3+ hour movies.

Bound: 8/10
Good movie. Same great Wachowski screenwriting = awesome mafia story.

Jaws - 9.1/10...
Classic.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Seasons 1 - 7 - 8.1/10...
Snagged the whole show in one box for a spiffy price of $40 on Ebay. :D
Great show, had its ups and downs... I'd summarize the entire show in one paragraph if my brain was full functioning right now, but it's not... so yeah. Great show :D

Yea, that's what i was thinking. I havn't seen it but i can't imagine a tony scott film topping any best of lists( with the exception of true romance, which is just good fun).

Then you seriously need to watch more movies. Seriously.

Agreed.

It was a decent movie, but not the best.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - 9/10
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 9/10

Love LOTR.

Deja Vu - 9/10
Never watched anything that clever.

Thank You For Smoking - 10/10
Mind boggling.

The Ghost And The Darkness - 9/10
LOVE it. Back in the days when Val Kilmer could act (yeah, go figure eh?) and when Michael Douglas could pull of being a hard man.

Pirates 3: 10/10

I liked it.

Shrek 3: 6/10

Not as good as the first 2.

Apocalypto - 8.1/10...
Pretty damn good, great action scenes, awesome cinematography... the movie was really just a treat for the eyes.

eXistenZ - 8/10

Damn entertaining film, although I'd be tempted to give up my gaming hobby if this is the future of interactive entertainment. I loved some of the references to typical gaming mechanics like the inexplicably placed locations (Chinese restaurant in a forest) and the necessity of certain player dialogue in order to advance the game forward. Also, good acting all around. It's a shame that The Matrix overshadowed this so much when it came out.

Wolf Creek - 8/10

very effective horror thriller, extremely disturbing at times, ended a tad abruptly for me posibbly to give the film a greater association with real events the film is 'loosely' based upon.

i dont understand some of the critics responses to the film, particularly ebert's, its a horror film ffs, much better than alot of the generic horror i've seen recently.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : At World's End - 7.8/10...

Started off pretty dull, but it was fairly intriguing story-wise, the acting is topnotch as usual, and the special effects are phenomenal.
The last 45 or so minutes were edge-of-your-seat.

I'd say it was on par with Dead Man's Chest.

Wolf Creek - 8/10

very effective horror thriller, extremely disturbing at times, ended a tad abruptly for me posibbly to give the film a greater association with real events the film is 'loosely' based upon.

i dont understand some of the critics responses to the film, particularly ebert's, its a horror film ffs, much better than alot of the generic horror i've seen recently.

It's just an excuse for a violent movie, that's why.

It's the same exact ****ing formula of every other slasher film in the history of film EXCEPT (tada!) this time there's more blood and violence!

This "it's a horror film" excuse doesn't cut it any more. Slapping a scary tagline on it does not suddenly exempt it from being crap. Don't get me wrong, they managed to pull off some pretty gruesome stuff considering the low budget, but this really is just a cinematic experience of sadism.

Much like Passion of the Christ, I find myself wondering how anybody could possibly find anything of redeeming value beneath the graphic displays of torturing the human body. When we get to the "head on a stick" scene in Wolf Creek, I've come to the realization that this movie is little more than bloody meatbags running around a camera while the director cuts and skewers them in vulgar ways. And that's not entertainment to me.

I don't expect some deep message about the human condition. That's a bit much. But when the only thing getting a reaction from me in a film is painting the screen red with blood, then **** it. It's derivative, talentless, whore shit. Much like cheap thrills, there are cheap scares. Wolf Creek is one of them.

(BTW I'm not ripping into you, but I really hate that movie.)

'Scary' movies, are just not scary imo. Cut a long story short, they are crap.

Spiderman 3: 6/10

The whole movie was awesome... until "cocky" Parker did his retarded street walking thing where I wanted to gouge out my eyes. Once he stopped, then it got good again, but the bad taste lingered and ruined a great movie.

Snatch - 8.5/10 - Love it.
Layer Cake - 8/10 - Was pretty awesome :)

zodiac - 8/10

very long first of all, the murder scenes were done very well, the story was very interesting too.

The Descent - 3/10...

Thought I'd give it another chance, see it when I'm fully awake and energetic, thought I'd appreciate it more...

Nope... still overrated shit.
Lame Gollum creatures, cheesetastic female bonding scenes, lamest ending ever.
All it had going for it was intense claustrophobic scenes. :|

The Descent - 3/10...

Thought I'd give it another chance, see it when I'm fully awake and energetic, thought I'd appreciate it more...

Nope... still overrated shit.
Lame Gollum creatures, cheesetastic female bonding scenes, lamest ending ever.
All it had going for it was intense claustrophobic scenes. :|

You live in boston, so i'm curious as to whether or not you saw the original ending or the one edited for american cinemas. What was the ending you saw?

The lame one.

Rambo III
Okay, this has to be the most hilariously ridiculous movie I have ever seen. And the whole situation with him helping the Taliban was awful.

Orca: Killer Whale
Okay, I take it back - this is the most absurd movie I've ever seen. A reverse moby-dick revenge tale in which a killer whale manages to systematically menace people who live on land. The film isn't sure if it's a Jaws-style man-against-nature horror or a sentimental Free Willyesque whale sympathiser piece. In one sequence, whalers shoot an orca with a crossbow, string it up above their deck. It gives birth, shooting a whale foetus at them, and they use a water cannon to blast the unformed baby over the side. What?

You live in boston, so i'm curious as to whether or not you saw the original ending or the one edited for american cinemas. What was the ending you saw?

Um... it was the ending in which the chick pretty much turns into a Goddess, goes rambo etc.

Either way, ending or not... the movie sucked ass.

The Emperor's New Groove: 10/10.
The best animated movie ever made. Hilarious at every turn, keeps you engaged, great story, and it's so goddamn funny. Oh my God... just thinking about makes me want to watch it again.

The Emperor's New Groove: 10/10.
The best animated movie ever made. Hilarious at every turn, keeps you engaged, great story, and it's so goddamn funny. Oh my God... just thinking about makes me want to watch it again.

I don't know if I should feel bad for saying this, but I'm inclined to agree. :| At least one from Disney.

I mean, Krunk has to be one of the best ****ing animated characters ever. Total scene stealer. Of course, this is in no small part due to the sexual Mr. Walburton.

Private Parts - 10/10

OMG SO FUNNY. I can never watch this too much. And boobies. What more?

I don't know if I should feel bad for saying this, but I'm inclined to agree. :| At least one from Disney.

I mean, Krunk has to be one of the best ****ing animated characters ever. Total scene stealer. Of course, this is in no small part due to the sexual Mr. Walburton.

Yeah i love Krunk, but who doesn't. Also, anyone who loves Patrick Walburton should check out Venture Bros if they already haven't. You'll love it.

Happy Endings 6.5/10 Meh is all i can say. The end of the movie picked up a little but wasn't enough to make up for the extremely slow pace or boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back