restart steam people, half life 2 pre load

Could be pure speculation on my behalf. But I don't think it's a very good Business idea, to leave the MAIN HL2 maps sitting on someones computer for too long before releasing the actual game :|

We all know people can get into the encrypted files and check em out. So why potentially ruin the game with a preload like this?

I'm guessing the last things we need to d/l are maybe some .dll files and the main executable...but then again what do I know?

the files are encrypted, noone has been able to decrypt a working game yet. shouldnt worry about it

Ren.182 said:
Lol i don't put games before my Girlfriend. but she lets me play them so its all cool!

I get to have fun with her ;) then play Half-life 2 :D

Well if I HAD a gf I'd probably put HL2 before her (I am an ass that way).

"Dinner? Oh, I've got to go to a study session with Gord---I mean Anthony."

Alientank said:
It's nice that they've sent us that, it means that the game maps are done and fully ready to be explored and played :) What else is left to preload? I mean, there can only be so much to download.

I really don't know what else is left except for the .dlls and whatnot. Everything major seems to be in place. Hmm................ HL2 me thinks will be here before November.

Dude you just score the big one! NICE INFO!

Do you guys know what this means holy crap. guys when we preloaded the css maps how long was it before release? OMGOMOGMOGMG I CAN FEEL IT>

Ya i wanna dress up as gordon freeman for halloween and my girlfreind was like "Who?!?!". So aggravating

at least she gives me ass. :thumbs:

johnmedz said:
i like to play with my girlfreind while playing half life 2... the best of both world... well, half life 2 is a little better

offtopic but that reminds me of the seinfeld where george is trying to fix snacks for himself to eat while having sex. anyone else remember this? lol

why november when it could come out next week or this weekend...forget november!!!

heh, well my gf lets me play games, so i don;t need to worry about her complaining about me playing.

hahaha, that sounds like something id do, but replace snacks with hl2

lol good thing she isn't my gf... merely keeping her warm on these cold and lonely nights ;) Filthy cow keeps me up all night :)

shadow6899 said:
im kinda confused.. everyone says theres a preload, and i agree but mine is at 79 % and there is plenty more space in the bar to go... but it says complete after my 79% and im not actually d/l, i mean there is nothing in the monitor D:

Did you restart steam?

Methias said:
offtopic but that reminds me of the seinfeld where george is trying to fix snacks for himself to eat while having sex. anyone else remember this? lol

lol ****ing brilliant episode. "spicy mustard heh heh!!"

was ther not a rumour that it would be released next week?something with greg coomer? maybe this preload tonight was why he said "not like it matters"

My preload hasn't even started yet, im in the UK, maybe we get them alittle slower. Steam has recognised there is one and put the percentage down but its not downloading anything!

ppl think they are gona be able to play the game?? wtf

oldagerocker said:
My preload hasn't even started yet, im in the UK, maybe we get them alittle slower. Steam has recognised there is one and put the percentage down but its not downloading anything!
im getting the valve data nuggets right now in the U of K

I'm in the UK, and mines downloading.

i'm at 86%! :p

well my girlfriend Gordon lets me play computer games when i want. she's cool like that.

yes i;ve renamed her.

Ren.182 said:
HAHA!! My gf has a habit of doing that too! ;)

I'm sure your girlfriends love having you call them filthy cows on halflife2.net, and how they keep you up all night. To the guy that said HL2 is a bit better then their girlfriend, I'm sure she loves to know a video game is better then she is :p

omg ersb.org posts rating, now another preload! gold TOMORROW!!

heres hoping.

Alientank said:
I'm sure your girlfriends love having you call them filthy cows on halflife2.net, and how they keep you up all night.

What she doesn't know wont hurt her ;)

I wanna play half-life 2 NOW! It's crazy... i HAVE the game on my computer, but i cant play it ;(

otomo said:
omg ersb.org posts rating, now another preload! gold TOMORROW!!

heres hoping.
lol it would be rather nice to have a weekend release...im off tomorrow so it would be PERFECT :monkee:

Alientank said:
I'm sure your girlfriends love having you call them filthy cows on halflife2.net, and how they keep you up all night. To the guy that said HL2 is a bit better then their girlfriend, I'm sure she loves to know a video game is better then she is :p

Its even better when their not your girlfriend :p I tell ya the Irish are a dirty lot.... lol Still I wouldnt put hl2 ahead of a *bit of fun*

Back