Secret Santa Discussion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caz & DM - Got both of yours thanks.

Yes if I've got every gift before the deadline, we'll move the gift giving back. There is always one though...one who leaves it to last minute. You know who you are.

Dear Secret Santa, I've just rearranged my wishlist so it actually approximates my preferences. Hope this helps you!

Man, this whole "SHOULD I BUY THIS GAME TODAY WHAT IF I GET IT TWICE" muckaround is nervewracking! Probably best to err on the side of caution (and thrift). I've also added Uplink, don't know why it wasn't on there before!

Added Bob Marley & Nicky to list of received gifts, thanks.

SS: Don't get The Witcher for me, I just got it for myself (also, it removes itself automatically from the wishlist if you do as such).

SS: Don't get The Witcher for me, I just got it for myself (also, it removes itself automatically from the wishlist if you do as such).

WTF is this. I'm not your SS but if I was I'd be pissed. Don't put games on your wishlist then buy them AFTER the secret santa thing starts. Whoever it is could have already bought it for you.

WTF is this. I'm not your SS but if I was I'd be pissed. Don't put games on your wishlist then buy them AFTER the secret santa thing starts. Whoever it is could have already bought it for you.
This. Think before you buy, Deathmaster!

This is exactly why I opted out of Secret Santa again. I am way too much of a greedy bastard, if I see a dirt cheap sale for a game I want, I don't want to withhold myself from buying it on the chance that my SS bought it for me. Instead, I can just buy whatever I want.

There is always one though...one who leaves it to last minute. You know who you are.
Well, it isn't me... but it is. I'm not caving to peer pressure on this one. I'm waiting to see if some of the bigger name titles to come down. My Santee has a pretty cool list :)

That said, I'll definitely have to do it by Thursday, since I won't have Internet access after that :p

^ LOL
Well I know for sure kupo isn't my Santa :p

I didn't buy anything on my wishlist, and can assure my Santa-ee that I maximized the monetary savings so they really didn't miss out on anything :).

Well to be fair, I bought it within minutes of the new sales starting then posted here. SS would most likely read it or at least no longer see it on the wishlist.

Or they were watching to see if the Witcher went on sale, saw it, was all "Sweet! Imma snatch that up for my good pal Deathmaster!" and he buys it straight away out of excitement, knowing the joy his gift would bring to his pal.

And now you ruined Christmas.

Ha, I'm having this problem too. There are plenty of games I would love to buy during this sale, but I dont want to buy anything in case my SS does.

I find people's lack of foresight disturbing.
You knew the sale was coming up. You knew which games you wanted most. You knew your SS would be looking at your wish list. Why didn't you plan accordingly?
If there was a game you had to have come steam sale you don't put it on your wishlist so that you aren't faced with the dilemma of possibly getting two copies or ending up with none.

Nuts to secrecy

everyone should just gift everybody else something cheap and awesome

No matter how dumb it is of the person buying a game on their wishlist for cheap, it does make sense that the SS would wait a few hours after the day's sales appeared and check to see if it's still on their list, rather than buying it the second it goes on sale in a fit of rabid Christmas cheer.

Needless to say I learned my lesson when it comes to adding certain things to the wishlist. But I still think some sort of compromise is reasonable as Sheepy Sheepo suggests.

Bah, at least this way it'll prevent me from buying too many games... I have so many I havent finished yet.

Learn for next year I suppose.

Needless to say I learned my lesson when it comes to adding certain things to the wishlist. But I still think some sort of compromise is reasonable as Sheepy Sheepo suggests.

Except a lot of the games in the daily uber-sales were on regular sales beforehand, so Sheepo's point is rendered moot. The only way buying games yourself would make sense in this situation is if everyone agreed to only buy their gifts only on Christmas Eve and not before, after a certain time during the day so people could buy their shit for that day's deals as well.

I've got one gift for my santee, but I'm putting some money into paypal to get the final gift today.

Gifts have been sent. Can you confirm Glenn?

Totally forgot about this. I am a bad Santa. Puchased the gift and sent it to Glenn.

I sent my gift to Glenn a few days back.

To my Secret Santa, I own basically all the games on my Wishlist on another format apart from the Stronghold Collection (which I've lost all the discs for) and Dead Rising 2. Just giving you abit of guidance if you're stuck...who ever you may be >.>

Totally forgot about this. I am a bad Santa. Puchased the gift and sent it to Glenn.
You're still timely and I didn't need to chase you! Most of you are reliable old souls.

I've updated the first post with those who have sent their gifts. In fact it makes more sense to just post who hasn't now...we've done very well.

If you see these people, point and shout:

Stigmata
MorganFreeman911
Sulkdodds
Wanted Bob

I've actually bought most of my person's gifts and was just waiting to see if anything else from the wishlist came on sale. See also: travelling.

Something terrible has happened, Secret Santa! Somebody who is not you has bought me Mount and Blade: Warband for Christmas, not knowing what chaos their generosity could cause. Hopefully you have either not bought this or not bought it yet, but in the event that we get all double-booked, don't worry too much. In the end, It's The Thought That Counts. <3

Same as Sulkdodds, was just waiting till the last minute to see if anything else popped up. Terribly sorry Glenn, I'll send mine over now :)

To my Secret Santa, I own basically all the games on my Wishlist on another format apart from the Stronghold Collection (which I've lost all the discs for) and Dead Rising 2. Just giving you abit of guidance if you're stuck...who ever you may be >.>
Yeah it's good you say this now, when your santa has probably already bought you gifts...

Just about to make my purchase! GOD HAVE SOME PATIENCE WILL YOU

[edit] bah gotta wait for it to activate...

[edit2] And, sent off to Glenn! Merry future Christmas to my good pal [[REDACTED]]

Thank you all, it is indeed only morganfreeman911 we are waiting on! Apologies for posting the list before in what seemed like a witch hunt of the last few, it was not! The apologies are not required, you are not late or slow. My fault for making it seem that way.

Anyway, hurry the **** up morgan.

Dammit Alex! You know you're doing something wrong when you're later than me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HOPEFULLY ALEX HAS PURCHASED THE GIFTS

Jerk.

And then Glenn accidentally clicks every link on accident while copying them.

Or Sliver does. I bet Sliver ****s it up. ****ing Sliver.

Let's do this! I'm sick of seeing every game I bought for myself and my gift reciver get on even bigger sales then before!

If all of the gifts are in, would it make sense to let them all fly today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back