Shattered Horizon (PC)

Seems like it would be a very quiet game.

Looks interesting...

Due out this year? Well if that's the case, we'll know just how good it is within a couple months. Gonna keep an eye on this one. An exclusive PC title as well...

-MRG

Mmm, this could be very promising. Hope it turns out good.

Meh, don't have DirectX10, so until I can afford Windows 7 I'm not even going to look at the trailers :(

Looks nice, I mean the graphics, gameplay is going to be vomit inducing for me at least. Shaker mentioned Descent, that game gave me a headache. The zero-gravity parts of dead space too. It also looks like you need quad-SLI for this game to run at an acceptable framerate.

This is Futuremark's first game, no wonder it's incredibly detailed.

This looks good, I remember getting moon for the ds for just this experience, and being disappointed, gonna look at grabbing

Now that looks cool. Plus, I'll bet playing it would be 100 times better.

Stealth in games upgrades from visible light and sound waves, to visible light and electromagnetic disturbances. One assumes...

I just hope they take the game into some kind of base/shelter/station/ship/atmosphere - basically, I don't believe they just decided to save money on sound effects for the entire duration of the game.

Hahaha. I have a feeling it's going to be really immersive. You'll hear breathing, the sounds of your feet hitting the metal, your hands moving across your rifle, voice comms, things like that. At least when you're in space. And of course regular sounds when you're in pressurised areas.

I really hope that weapon recoil affects your movement in zero-g.

More like Shattered Newton's Third Law of Motion mirite?

Bumped the thread out of continued interest. The game comes out in a few days, will anyone be getting it?

I was considering it, but then found out it was multiplayer only, so it would have to be DAMN impressive for me to buy it.

I saw a trailer today, where the guy is floating in space, watching a battle in total silence, then a computer HUD voice says "Audio Simulation Files Activated" and suddenly the battle has normal FPS sound. Its quite a funny way of excusing sound in space, but at least they tried, I bet they offer an option to go either way.

I think the suit shutdown feature is a brilliant idea. Not only does it sound incredibly cool and make sense in terms of how you are limited and how things sound, but it allows a stealth appoach to combat.

Yeah, basically the devs found that it's really difficult to play an FPS without any audio feedback at all, so they did the simulated sound thing and allowed you to shut it down for tense stealth attempts. There's a new trailer and it quite impresses me. Youtube below, but you can view things in hi-def here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-2dZMDAGw&feature=player_embedded

Anyone know if this is on Steam?

I saw a trailer today, where the guy is floating in space, watching a battle in total silence, then a computer HUD voice says "Audio Simulation Files Activated" and suddenly the battle has normal FPS sound. Its quite a funny way of excusing sound in space, but at least they tried, I bet they offer an option to go either way.

I've seen a few other space games use it too, mainly space combat sims, where they explain the computer generates onboard audio to help orient you in the battle, not totally unreasonable IMO.

Anyway, this game looks good, shame it would utterly ravage my PC.

I wonder if they will feature realistically limitless ranges for their weapons, afterall since it's vacuum and no gravity, the range would technically be infinite until the bullet is 'sucked into' the gravity of another stellar object, which could make for some truly awesome sniping.

Seems interesting. However as mentioned earlier in this thread the gun recoil doesn't seem to affect your movement. Also if this was for real, once the fuel for the space suit thrusters ran out you would basicaly be ****ed. So is this thing available or what?

I think the concept is really really cool, but i hate blue space suits and the gun designs are "meh" ... this combined with the first few "project hull-breach" concepts would ****ing rock. I'd like a really atmospheric single player. And no space combat sounds, and a REALLY cool ambient soundtrack. Im allowed to dream.

Yeah I was really hoping for single player too.

Oh well, I'll probably wait until the end of the week before deciding...

Those who buy it feel free to post your impressions of the game.

Seems interesting. However as mentioned earlier in this thread the gun recoil doesn't seem to affect your movement. Also if this was for real, once the fuel for the space suit thrusters ran out you would basicaly be ****ed. So is this thing available or what?

Actually, the gun does affect your movement. It's all explained by the game. When your gun fires a bullet, the pack gives a little thrust to compensate, keeping your current vector the same. However, when you're on suit "stealth" mode, and the jets are off, you go flying away rapidly when firing your weapon.

Do elaborate (if anything, I cant get this until the weekend, so I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it).

How well optimized is it? I have a high end dual core processor and a 260 GTX, will I have to compensate at all while playing this?

Also, how steep is the learning curve, in terms of getting to the average level of skill that everyone else is at?

It looks incredible.

I was wondering how they would do a radar in this game; the one in the trailer seems like a brilliant idea.

The radar is very well done. I can glance at it and instantly know where an enemy is (provided their suit is powered on).

My specs:

E7200 2.53 @ 3.53
2 GB DDR2 @ 700
ATI 4850 @ Stock

Everything on medium, 1920x1200 no AA is very playable.

I turned it down to 1680x1050 and it's buttah.

Sounds good. I can only run at 1680x1050 anyways, so hopefully i can crank out the high settings.

How does this compare to the glory days of properly done Death Matchers? Can any comparisons be drawn whatsoever to low-grav UT99? I'm utterly intrigued by the videos and reviews thus far, and the asking price is more than tolerable. Anyone care to post further impressions?

The FPS junkie in me is tempted to make this an impulse buy, despite having a video card below the "recommended" specs, which scares me a bit.

Oh my god low grav UT yes yes yes. I forgot that even existed and now I am warm and fuzzy

Looks like a pretty generic deathmatch shooter, only you float. Meh.

The concept is really cool, but gameplay looks like its got no depth whatsoever.

Having not played it I can't really say for sure, but I thought I remembered Futuremark stating that the reason the amount of features seem so sparse, is in order to put as much of a focus on zero-G tactics as possible.

By putting everyone at the same level in terms of equipment, abilities and whatnot, it all seems to boil down to who can manouver the fastest, use grenades most effectively, and take the best advantage of the terrain.

The concept is really cool, but gameplay looks like its got no depth whatsoever.

I have yet to play this, so I may be wrong, but it seems like a graphical benchmark rather than a proper game, to me. Just an impression.

Back