sHm0zY's Valve Tour & Play test!

This isn't the same "beta leak" movie that just got closed is it? :p

Can you elaborate more on the thing about all of the mods being put in with HL2?

whos the girl on the right in the picture with gabe?...just kidding lol

Captain M4d said:
Very nice! Thank you.
btw, Gabe is the man.
Yes he is! hes so awesome!

Malfunction said:
Can you elaborate more on the thing about all of the mods being put in with HL2?
What do you mean?

wayne white said:
whos the girl on the right in the picture with gabe?...just kidding lol

Can you go away and never return?

That would do everybody a favor.

blahblahblah said:
Can you go away and never return?

That would do everybody a favor.

do you have a life, it seems you live on these forums.

Yaaaay sHm0zY!! :bounce: Way to go dude! Thanks for making this awesome thread. :thumbs:

Hype is going through the roooooof! And that's an awesome pic of Gabe. Seems he's ecstatic and less stressed now that the game is about to go gold.........hopefully....

Thanks for the details man, I must admit I laughed and got a bit excited when you were throwing stuff at the combine and they beat you up real good with the shock thing :LOL:

onluckybag said:
do you have a life, it seems you live on these forums.

Wow, you are a clever one aren't we?

I'm totally speechless. I really don't know what to say. You are simply too good at your insults. I shall go in a corner and cry.

/sarcasm

I have a life thank-you, and a very good one at that. Too bad you are some 13 year old kid with no friends. Maybe you should go back to playing CS or whatever stupid ass thing you normally do.

adsf

ONLUCKYBAG ... ure a ****in moron ... you know nothing about the people or the peoples lives ... so shut the **** up ... and go play some football ... you cool guy ... then you can be cooking my burgers at mcdonalds when im a sucessful business man ... :LOL:

Please give us a comparion to doom 3 as far as graphics goes and then the gameplay in general. Im guessing the later will be something like "doom 3 doesnt compare" but Id like to hear it!

doom 3 gfx are better, stfu... Only thing hl2 has is better ai gameplay and story.

tiny68 said:
Please give us a comparion to doom 3 as far as graphics goes and then the gameplay in general. Im guessing the later will be something like "doom 3 doesnt compare" but Id like to hear it!

Both Half life 2 and doom 3 have awesome graphics.

Id have to say i like half lfie 2's graphics better.

onluckybag said:
doom 3 gfx are better, stfu... Only thing hl2 has is better ai gameplay and story.

ure so gay be quiet onluckybag ... god!

onluckybag said:
Lets not turn this into yet another Doom 3 vs HL2 thread thanks guys. Beside's, there really isn't a definitive answer to that question anyway, its all subjective to the person being asked.

My final statement on this is

HL2 lacks key things that they ignore, lighting is very poor.

they refuse to bumpmap models.

Ok bye.

Man we got to give it up to The Valve crew and Gabe for dealing with us.And ofcourse letting actual regular people to visit Valve Hq where all the magic Happens.

Thank you gabe and the Valve crew

onluckybag said:

Ok bye.

LOL The lighting in this game rocks!
have you played it? NO!
im sure doom 3's lighting is way better huh? I can play doom 3 in real life *turns off light*

BTW the hl2 flash light is bad ass

sHm0zY said:
LOL The lighign in this game rocks!
have you played it? NO!
im dure doom 3's lighting is way better huh? i can play doom 3 in real life *turns off light*

BTW the flash light is bad ass

delete

don't worry oneluckybag, the only way to stay on these forums is to take your pride and swallow.
differing opinions aren't really appreciated either.

:(

onluckybag ... if you're not a hardcore fan of half life 2 ... why the hell are you here? ... just get out then ... bitch :O :LOL: :cool:

No worries here, I was just being honest. I'd much rather have gameplay over graphics. :)

Beast206 said:
No worries here, I was just being honest. I'd much rather have gameplay over graphics. :)
Half life has both gamepaly and graphics. =D

onluckybag said:

Ok bye.

ooooookay.

Lighting looks great but could be improved.
But your statement: "they refuse to bumpmap models" doesn't mean anything. Developers have a wide array of basic tools to create content. You have your basic shape wich is composed of polygons, and you dress these up with textures. Now, weither it's a standard texture, a bump-map, a normal map or one of these +some specular lighting, it doesn't matetr how you build your characters, what matters is the end result.

Now you ask, what is the end result?
A model that has a good "look's good / runs well" ratio.
You could simply use an unlimited amount of polygons and ultra high-res textures to make a good looking model, but then it wouldn't run well.

So, what did Valve achieve? The most realistic characters I've ever seen, and they run well to boot.

Your statement is the equivalent of:
"That guy built is house out of wood and stone! What a dumbass, everyone knows you need bricks to make a good house!"
or
"That guy paints with pastels?! We all know aquarel is muuuuch better".

too late.. too much rambling... not enough sle Z.zZ.zz.zZ

I still have a hard time understanding how anybody can rag on HL2's graphics after that latest batch of screenies of the coast and the boatyard, etc.

:O

Back