Spitcodfry: Gabe Email For You!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, I'm gonna kill him if he gets to try Half-Life2!

Im gonna kill him is he doesn't get his ass up and read this post.. lol

and on another random note, ATI has an advertisement up on ignpc.. that sais coming this fall... so anything past sept/oct isnt fall anymore.. so.. there is another vote of confidence on the sept30th release date.

Guys... All Gabe said was "Who is it and when?"... That doesn't really mean anything... Maybe he's just curious.

Originally posted by coax
That email sounded a little fishy though, Gabe doesn't even know proper grammar? "your in buddy"?

Either way, I hope he reads this and gets an appointment, if he just shows up I suspect he will just get a 'no'. :/

First of all that is my shitty grammar. And second all what Gabe said was in Bold. Duh.

so wait....it is 5:11pm UK time... what is the time where SPITCODFRY lives then?

First of all that is my shitty grammar. And second all what Gabe said was in Bold. Duh.

Um, yeah. If you'd have perhaps taken the time to read, he corrected himself two posts below his first one. Duh.

Originally posted by Kamakiri

Serious? Up and up? Why would Gabe write YOU back? Do you have some special relationship with Valve?

If it is righteous true, way to go Kamakiri for clearing the way for Spitty.

crumbles.

18 to go.

all gabe said was "Who is it and when?" how did you get "Your in buddy" from it.. unless I'm missing something but from that it sounded like Gabe didn't even know who you were talking about.

On the west coast, it is currently 9:14am. Offices generally open at 9:00am...but maybe Valve doesn't receive people until 10:00am.

crumbles

Coax sorry. My fault this time. Blah :)

I think he had a real late night last night though :/

He won't even make it past the reception. Why would he get in the studios? I don't believe a word...

Have to read that somewhere :) link?
(don't feel like reading 19 pages:))

Here's what i think'll happen:

Spitcodfry approches Valve HQ, to his amazement he sees a HL2 box, with a CD poking out, just outside!! He walks up to it and reaches down to grab it, but just as he's about to get it, it suddenly moves away from him. Confused, he walkes up to it again, only for the exact same thing to happen again. Running now, he begins chasing it into Valve HQ, where he sees Gabe with a fishing rod.

"I live for fan-boy fishing!" says Gabe.

Spitcodfry pretends to just be running to greet Gabe, to regain his dignity, to no avail....

:)

The reply from Gabe: "Who is it, and when?" can mean two things to me:

+ Gabe wants to know when he's coming and who he is so he can have someone show him around or talk to him himself.

- Gabe wants to know when he's coming and what he looks like so he can give the description to security so they can stop him at the door.

Well, chances are, they won't really give him much of any info. The receptionist will probably brush him off. And being a polite, sane person, he'll be on his way.

I suggested to him that he ask the other businesses in the building - like the steak restaurant - if they know anything on the sidelines. "Is there a big celebration at valve lined up". Try to be direct and polite as possible.

In the best probable case, he'll get a little nugget or so that will tide us over until the next official announcement or September 30th...which ever comes first.

But....it looks like some one on the board got an email back from Gabe. Assuming it's real (50/50 as far as I see it), Spit just might be in for a pleasant, bitchin' surprise. He might actually talk to gabe and clear this release date thing up. He might actually get a short tour. He might actually get to play a few minutes of the game. He might actually get some bitchin' treatment due to the fact that he had the stones to go to the valve offices and they respect those kind of cajones.

If so, ultra-cool for Spit and us....since he'll give us the rundown.

okay.

crumbles.

ps. its just a game.

Damn, I live in Seattle too, why can't I go to their secret Bellvue HQ that is listed in the yellow pages?

I'm getting out of the headcrab shanty town in a mere 14 posts.

crumbles.

Hurray for you (p.s. you forgot the number in your above post). :)

Originally posted by crumbles
Well, chances are, they won't really give him much of any info. The receptionist will probably brush him off. And being a polite, sane person, he'll be on his way.

I suggested to him that he ask the other businesses in the building - like the steak restaurant - if they know anything on the sidelines. "Is there a big celebration at valve lined up". Try to be direct and polite as possible.

In the best probable case, he'll get a little nugget or so that will tide us over until the next official announcement or September 30th...which ever comes first.

But....it looks like some one on the board got an email back from Gabe. Assuming it's real (50/50 as far as I see it), Spit just might be in for a pleasant, bitchin' surprise. He might actually talk to gabe and clear this release date thing up. He might actually get a short tour. He might actually get to play a few minutes of the game. He might actually get some bitchin' treatment due to the fact that he had the stones to go to the valve offices and they respect those kind of cajones.

If so, ultra-cool for Spit and us....since he'll give us the rundown.

okay.

crumbles.

ps. its just a game.

if anything, Im sure they won't tell him the release date :( but I could see him getting free swag, meeting gabe and some of the team...

and if he is really lucky... they might let him play it abit :)

Originally posted by SLH
Hurray for you (p.s. you forgot the number in your above post). :)

No, I didn't. I said "14" in the body of the message. But thanks for asking!

crumbles.

Originally posted by TheSmJ
So there are 13 left for you? ;)

Well, no. Thanks again for asking. I feel compelled to answer somehow. At the time of that post, I had 14 to go. But thanks to the wonders of technology and wasting time at work, I now have a mere 12 posts to go.

crumbles.

Originally posted by crumbles
No, I didn't. I said "14" in the body of the message. But thanks for asking!

crumbles.

how can you tell your number of posts? they have it locked out.

I highly doubt that he'll get to play the game. Just think, how many people outside Valve have gotten to play the game....None. All the benchmarks are just basically a the video's we've seen, except instead of being direct feed...they're being run at the time. If he gets to play...I'd be really surprised.

Hell...It'd be a huge treat just to see HL2 in action, like just watching someone play it...

I'm sorry to burst the bubble, but do you actually think they are gonna do ANY of what has been said here to a complete stranger who they have never even seen before?

I would to like to entertain the idea that he will get told all sorts of info, but and its a big but i very much doubt he will get anything out of them!

all gabe has said is "who and when?"

BTW, i don't think the admins will like this, they may think your only posting to up your post-count. Also you shouldn't tell anyone how to count theirs, because i don't think the admins like that either (i did once, the post got deleted, and the thread locked. Also i see a thread where you did the same got locked as well.

Originally posted by shapeshifter

Search and you'll find a way.......

;)

Originally posted by SLH
Search and you'll find a way.......

;)

I'll expect a PM in my inbox soon, thanks ;)

Oh, and if you keep going on about it and wasting space, crumbles, I'll have no choice but to reset your count :)

Unless we iron this bug out first.

Originally posted by shapeshifter

That's great question that I asked over and over. So I'll give you the straight dope instead of a runaround.

Use the search button on yourself. Easy.

They should cover this in the faq, along with the different ranks and the posts to get to the ranks.

crumbles

Originally posted by Abom|nation
I'll expect a PM in my inbox soon, thanks ;)

??? From me, or from some vB auto-thinger?

P.S. Why don't you want people to know their post count. People who post only to increase their count wouldn't be put off by not knowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back