The Suprise Is Here! (Proof)

Yeah the Combine elites would be cool, but imagine playing an assualt gametype on Nova Prospekt where one team is attacking and the other team has got to stop the enemy from getting in :sniper: :p

F34R said:
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. Which character models/skins do you think they would use for deathmatch?
2. Do you think they will release any other modes such as HL2-TDM or OFFICIAL CO-OP?
3. Out of all the single player maps which 2 would you think they would use for MP?

Well even though I have my doubts as to the surprise being HL2 deathmatch...

1. I'd like to see every character model in the game (Humanoid ones at least) playable, Barney, G-Man, Breen, Vortiguant, those Charred Corpses found in certain places, zombies etc.

2. They are working with Sven Coop so I suppose that's an official co-op.

3. Nova Prospekt would work really well, especially if you could set up the turrets somehow. Also, Ravenhold would work well with all the traps. I'd like to see Crossfire from Hl1 redone the most though.

Obviously, even if it were Hl2 deathmatch I'm not saying I expect all this stuff out immediately, I just mean in general I'd like it to be all put in eventually.

I suspect (presuming this really is HL2DM) that team-deathmatch functionality will already be included, if not maps designed for it.

I'm sorry to say that official co-op is looking very unlikely.

MP map wise, I reckon... hmm. Well, the earliest levels of Route Kanal would be fairly good in a team match, but the coastline section of Highway 17 or larger areas of Water Hazard would make great vehicular warfare maps. Next question- they going to include vehicles or what, then?

Man, if they were to promise us a nice big open map like Coast and a buggy to run ppl over with, as well as the grav gun, and it worked without any serious lag, I would actually get excited about this whole thing.

Vesh said:
Yes, because wanting to find stuff like this in game files is just 'nerdy'.
i was talking about nerdy software, plus that software is not made to look inside games..its to look into dll's or w/e

Kapitan Helion said:
Oh man... This surely means a Gordon model... "Hopefully"
=D!!!!!
If the Gordon model is wearing that sextastic HEV suit (How mad did it look when you first see it in this game) there's going to be a thousand Gordo's out there.

PvtRyan said:
Agreed. (first time?)

It will be nice and spiffy for two months, but I guarantee you everyone will still be playing CSS in a year (or two).

But extra MP would always be nice yes.

I wonder if the gravity gun is in there, but with the way CSS handles physics, I very much doubt it.

agree, Don't forget that there are alot of other games coming next year which are in compitition with HL2DM such as Stalker MP or Fear MP or ........ the legendary QUAKE4 :)

DarkHelmet said:
Man, if they were to promise us a nice big open map like Coast and a buggy to run ppl over with, as well as the grav gun, and it worked without any serious lag, I would actually get excited about this whole thing.

Same here, but no whay, small maps and reduced physics i think :(
but hope die last :imu:

I love Half-Life but aint too much a fan of Counter strike, i had it with Half-life generation and playe it just once, got it free when i brought my 9800pro, didnt play it and now got it with HL2, played it just once. It doesnt appeal to me, u want multiplayer... UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 IS THEEEE GAME TO PLAY!

N@jMuL said:
I love Half-Life but aint too much a fan of Counter strike, i had it with Half-life generation and playe it just once, got it free when i brought my 9800pro, didnt play it and now got it with HL2, played it just once. It doesnt appeal to me, u want multiplayer... UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 IS THEEEE GAME TO PLAY!
unreal tournament gets boring within weeks, thats how shit it is

kingthebadger said:

playing demo since they relesed it. Great FUN, addictive.
BUT HL2DM :bounce:

Played UT and UT2k4 were fine. Counter strike is boring because of that buying crap and lame weapons. Not to speak of lame missions. If I want something realistic I play Infiltration UT that is very close to reality. HL on the other hand is something I like very much.

Hey UT2004 is really good, it doesnt have the advantages of CS with the new source engine but damn its addictive.

HL2 DM would defintetley be worthy of releasing as the suprise, I hope thats it.

kingthebadger said:

How can a game that held your attention for weeks be considered "shit"? Wouldn't a shitty game not be worth playing for even a day?

I just hope they have bots. That wouldnt be too hard to make since good AI is in there already.

Barrel'ed

Attachments

• HL2DM_2.jpg
    HL2DM_2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,808
Not that big of a surprise really. We've known there have been MOD teams meeting up with Valve in Seattle for a while now. It doesn't take that much of a stretch to assume that one of those MOD teams are working on HL2:DM (especially since Valve hasn't done it themselves).

Back