The Suprise Is Here! (Proof)

sweet! are we the first site to get it confirmed?

woohoo \o/

Except i'm gonna have no internet connection for about two weeks, boooo.

Still, \o/ :) :cheers:

skater4evr5 said:
OMG that pic says HL2DM_2 so where's the HL2DM_1 pic ??

by the way it looks like were doing some combine vs resistance so there is no gordon model ?? me thinks ;)

I LOVE COMBINE VS resistance IDEA OMG VALVE ROXORS !

Ooo, so this could be the first Vavle Add-On.

Hopefully we will see a release tonight withn an hour or 2. But I doubt it. Most likely tomorrow or thursday. (wednesday most 90% sure)

If HL2DM exists, it won't be long before there's a slightly altered team modification on specially made/edited maps.

I want to see the Combine defending against vehicle-using resistance types with hoppers and placable turrets... :D

Having a solid hl2dm is a great way for many types of games. Sure, with the SDK people could make cool, fun maps for CS:S but then you're only limited to the counterstrike gameplay(weapons, rounds, etc).
Much like the many racing/skill trial maps(and more) released for UT2004 that give new variety, I'm curious what great and fun custom maps people can make. Manipulators, vehicles, everything... whoohoo!

Now This Is Truly More Important Then The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ
however I wonder why diddnt they say anything about it i mean HELLO its "only" a game its not like there Gods or something :rolling:

Pauly said:
ooo! how did you find that on steampowerd's website?
NM-- saw it on steampowered forums

are you retard or did you just not look on other posts on this topic (page 7 & page 8)

YES! This rocks. Thank you VALVe you guys just made my week.

Can't wait to play it.

Even the hardcore Valve-haters have to admit that at least for now.....they're on a roll.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ****ING RIGHT, OFFICIAL DEATHMATCH! PLEASE PORT ALL THE MAPS WITH NEW TEXTURES FROM THE ORIGINAL HL! This kicks ass! :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: Yes I'm very happy, I've wanted this for a while.

skater4evr5 said:
are you retard or did you just not look on other posts on this topic (page 7 & page 8)
Lol I already SAW the screenshot. My question was how were you able to find it on steampowered's website so easily. (i didnt see Adrians post)
So in your question- No I'm not a retard.
"ARe YoU ReaTaRD"

Indeed. All I wanted was some HL2 MP, and I honestly didn't think that's what the surprise would be even though I sure as hell hoped so. This kicks ass.

WOW!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

BACK UP!!! IM GONNA EXPLODE!!!!

*explodes*

:cheers:

I can't friggen wait. Valve is one hell of a company. They truly care about their community.

I had a gut feeling that this is what it was.

if its gonna be physics based, likely we are not going to see a 56k-friendly net code :D :D good riddance

lol this is something to totally look forward to

so cliffe.... wots gabe been up to? lol on holiday? give him a kick and get him to post here :)

I feel bad for valve... they wanted to keep this a surprize :'(

Give me Gordon and Father Grigori models, and this will be one of the best multiplayer games EVER.

Now that HL2 has MP doesn't that mean the reviews should go back and re-review the game :naughty:

Personally although I appreciate Valve making DM ithere is every chance that like the first one not many people will play it. However with the gravity gun this could change...

`unreal said:
if its gonna be physics based, likely we are not going to see a 56k-friendly net code :D :D good riddance

lol this is something to totally look forward to

so cliffe.... wots gabe been up to? lol on holiday? give him a kick and get him to post here :)

Oh dear god I hope it incorporates all the physics. I don't want any lame hit boxes like CS source does, where shooting 2 feet behind a guy (even when you both have low ping) gets you a headshot.

Oh dear god I hope it incorporates all the physics. I don't want any lame hit boxes like CS source does, where shooting 2 feet behind a guy (even when you both have low ping) gets you a headshot.
Evidence points towards physics being realistically involved, HL2-stlyle. The concept image Cliffe posted invovles a sink at high velocity and a gravity gun. I also doubt that there would be any meaning to HL2: DM without gravity gun fun.

Alientank said:

Well if the picture shows a manipulator(and that flying potty), it's safe to say that non-CS physics(i.e.,normal) has to be in or those flying things probably wouldn't be able to hurt anyone much.

Pauly said:
Woo steam news now. RELEASE IT TONIGHT!!

Great news! It's only 4pm at the VALVe HQ. What time does VALVe close it's offices?

With enough time left, it just might be released today!

Take Care.

If it is really hl2:dm i will be happy, though i like cs:s this is a change.. i like changes..

and i like surprises, please dont let me down valve :p

genocide604 said:
If it is really hl2:dm i will be happy, though i like cs:s this is a change.. i like changes..

and i like surprises, please dont let me down valve :p
did you even read what was going on ?

Well I think they should include a "king of the pheramones" gametype. Where there is one set of pheramones on a level and you are fighting for control of the ant lions. Who ever has it at the end is teh winn0r and you can only use the pheramones if you have them.

Thadius Dean said:
Valve likes to give their community surprizes :)

EDIT: and while counter-strike may be good, the possibilities of HL2:DM are near endless...
and also it will kick Halo 2's MP's ass!

Yeah, they give you an incomplete game and you all grovel like stray dogs when they throw MP your way. By the way, this doesn't prove shit. Type "d" (without quotes) in console and all the d commands come up. Deathmatch 0 is the first one on the list.

mustard2004 said:
Well I think they should include a "king of the pheramones" gametype. Where there is one set of pheramones on a level and you are fighting for control of the ant lions. Who ever has it at the end is teh winn0r and you can only use the pheramones if you have them.

That would be badass. Sounds like a real good idea for a mod.

Back