The Suprise Is Here! (Proof)

X2Cube said:
this has hoax written all over it with red ink that glows in the dark

errr....... dropped on ur head a few too many times? :LOL:

[quote[Adrian Finol (Valve guy) just posted a teaser spray from the upcoming surprise over at SomethingAwful. [/quote]

Awesome! I think I'll steal it. :cheese:

Yeah this somethingawful forums is great.

Big shout out to the stairs crew.

Don't get your panties in a bundle guys - it's only concept art :p

SFLUFAN said:
Don't get your panties in a bundle guys - it's only concept art :p

Whats up SFLUFAN?! Good to see ya again.

Maybe they are just going to announce that they are working on it. Perhaps it won't be out for another month or so. Just a thought.

I hope we actually get it though. :)

17 pages of ....not readin it all, but

u all know that in code, hl singleplayer is "dm"?

u all know this right?......

Omg, I jumped out of my chair and SCREAMED like someone just shot me in the ass when I read steampowered news...... this....is.....godlike.....

Mr.Wotsit said:
Woah, What In The Hell:

THIS LOOKS GOOD

If this DM thing is true, then Nova Prospext is one of the levels. :D

Also a multiplayer spray showing someone getting hit in the face with a toilet? Obviously it's for the manipulator in deathmatch.

satch919 said:
Whats up SFLUFAN?! Good to see ya again.

Maybe they are just going to announce that they are working on it. Perhaps it won't be out for another month or so. Just a thought.

I hope we actually get it though. :)

Uh yeah, it's this week.

They've been working on it with Adrian Finol as head of the production.

I didn't mean just the picture, I meant what it represented! :D:D:D:D

It's fun to have some hype again to enjoy! Valve are very good at riding this wave of expectation and reward. Well, I mean, they're getting better... Let's hope it doesn't get leaked otherwise we'll all be in trouble... :S;)

Wow, this is totally freakin awesome.

When i saw that image on the front page i literally shouted out

"OH MY F*CK!!!"

Dear God, I can't even begin to comprehend what is going to happen to the source engine a year from now. We are going to be bombarded with crazy ass mods left, right and center.......

Although, I have one worry. DM cannot possibly have as much physics interaction as does the SP componant. It would simply be too much I think for a server dealing with that kind of things. I think we can expect the crazy ass physics toned down a bit, but it sure as hell will still be fun.

i predicted that when hl2 was released not many people would buy it compared to halo 2

but when new mods and features start to trickle out, people will start to hear about this revolutionary game and bahhhj valve is richh

well with HL2DM now seemingly on the cusp, if Valve can now bring out an updated version of TFC on Source (NOT TF2)
HL2 will be totally what i had hoped for.

Well played Cliffe, well played.

wow that is soooo great!!! i cant wait!

valve sooo rule! i some how knew it with the HL2 Multiplayer unfinished in the cashe files and people playing it with no models!

I CANT WAIT!!

the concept picture LOOKS like....

Resistance fighters vs Combine!

i would love it if it was combine vs resistance fighters (Team DeathMatch and/or search and destroy matches....or even Round Based Matches would be sweet.)

round base as in your in a team and when u die you have to wait till the end of the round.

Man valve rule!

MANAPULTER FIGHTS HAHHA SWEET

Ahhh no more notepad fun with models. :(

Soon sounds scary... it's Valve afterall.

I told you all. Did you listen? Only the devote few.

Now you must bow down to me.

This is only the greatest marketing strategy ever conceived. Sort of. Of course, it will bring back a lot of unsatisfied customers, hehe.

i thought it was going to be released this week?

or is the "SURPRISE BIT" not released this week it is just a SURPRISE ANNOUNCED not released.

What the Hell? said:
well with HL2DM now seemingly on the cusp, if Valve can now bring out an updated version of TFC on Source (NOT TF2)

can you imagine an extended version of well with 64 players :burp:

Rofl, that picture just sums Half-life 2 up perfectly, what other game gives you the opportunity to launch a urinal at your enemies?

Please tell me Hl2 DM has vehicle support :LOL:

Bait said:
Dear God, I can't even begin to comprehend what is going to happen to the source engine a year from now. We are going to be bombarded with crazy ass mods left, right and center.......

Although, I have one worry. DM cannot possibly have as much physics interaction as does the SP componant. It would simply be too much I think for a server dealing with that kind of things. I think we can expect the crazy ass physics toned down a bit, but it sure as hell will still be fun.

I wonder if Valve could possibly include all the crazy ass physics if they made HL2 DM broadband only.....

DarkStar said:
I wonder if Valve could possibly include all the crazy ass physics if they made HL2 DM broadband only.....
if only they got rid of the lag compensation "feature" (as in CS when you shoot behind enemies) it would be good enough

You know - I don't think it's deathmatch.

I think it'd the sort of "one person has the grav gun and everyone else tries to shoot that person" type of multiplayer game.

Which would also rock.

can you imagine an extended version of well with 64 players

Gawd, that would be total insanity. even a 64 man 2fort.. spam spam and more spam. /me shudders

I have seen one tfc person in the community that has been working on a ported version of the map openfire using CS:S to test it, and I do have to say that the map works EXTREMELY WELL within the Source engine. it was absolutely beautiful considering it wasnt a Valve production.
check the catacombs website

Here is the site he posted of his initial work on the map:

http://www.rit.edu/~jsl6906/ofire_dc/

IMO with or without Valve, there WILL be a TFC mod, i just prefer the power of the Valve developers behind the conversion.

What the Hell? said:
IMO with or without Valve, there WILL be a TFC mod, i just prefer the power of the Valve developers behind the conversion.
100% agreed

What the Hell? said:

yeah... i cry for tfc:S

OMG, hl2dm, pleeeease... what a surprise!

this game needs to get 98 % instead of 95%, if it's really that! hehe..

i hope its full deathmatch tho and not shoot the guy with manipulator

Back